Jill Hives

fhtagn
Retired Staff
Oct 11, 2010
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkr0VYcZ-eY"]YouTube - Ladybug plays with sprinkles![/ame]

I loooove this! Ladybug ball pit!

Oh it just tickles me to see a bug playing. It seems a great many people disregard bugs as these little robots just running around acting out their internal programs (IMO the same could be said for humans as well), but look at it! It would appear that it is playing and having fun. It might be able to be argued that the bug is only doing this because the size of the sprinkles triggered some sort of predatory response. But if it was trying to attack them for food, wouldn't it have realized that the little colorful balls weren't in fact aphids and eventually moved on its way? It seems to me that even if that was what initially triggered this sort of response, it kept going for the sprinkles for the sheer fun of it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-admRGFVNM"]YouTube - Rats Laugh When You Tickle Them[/ame]

Also, rats laughing from tickling and going back for more!

What are your thoughts about these videos? Or more particularly, what are your thoughts about creatures as individuals? I am of the opinion that even a creature as small as plankton has it's own individual personality.

I was very conflicted as to which subforum to post this in, if it doesn't belong here sorry!

YouTube - Ladybug plays with sprinkles!

I loooove this! Ladybug ball pit!

Oh it just tickles me to see a bug playing. It seems a great many people disregard bugs as these little robots just running around acting out their internal programs (IMO the same could be said for humans as well), but look at it! It would appear that it is playing and having fun. It might be able to be argued that the bug is only doing this because the size of the sprinkles triggered some sort of predatory response. But if it was trying to attack them for food, wouldn't it have realized that the little colorful balls weren't in fact aphids and eventually moved on its way? It seems to me that even if that was what initially triggered this sort of response, it kept going for the sprinkles for the sheer fun of it.

YouTube - Rats Laugh When You Tickle Them

Also, rats laughing from tickling and going back for more!

What are your thoughts about these videos? Or more particularly, what are your thoughts about creatures as individuals? I am of the opinion that even a creature as small as plankton has it's own individual personality.

I was very conflicted as to which subforum to post this in, if it doesn't belong here sorry!

I think all creatures share the same continuum as we do and exhibit the same basic responses such as: good feelings and bad feelings (to simplify) to what happens around them.

I think all creatures have their own methods of communicating with each other and their environment.

I think if a person assumes we are superior to them - then that person is ignorant.

As to the videos, the ladybug playing with the balls could be what you say. I think it's interacting with it's environment in a way as to learn - be it playing for fun, improving dexterity, or whatever.

Rats are mammals just like us. Why shouldn't they experience pleasure at being stroked on their bodies in just the right way as to bring about joy. Do we think we have exclusive rights to Joy?

Cool thread!

I loved both the videos. Yes I think that all life has components that we don't understand and a bit of sentience. I know it really isn't an INTJ way to see the world but I am a Pisces so I really have a bent for looking at the spiritual side of things. I love to talk to trees. I know my cats have personalities and believe they have souls and we can communicate in a roundabout fashion between us. I don't know if the ladybug is playing or not but it sure seems that they are engaging in some kind of extended activity with the sprinkles. As for the rats, I think they are capable of expressing joy like K-gal says cause that sure sounds like laughter.

Every time I see this video I laugh...

Sorry about the Jingle music - but it is fun to watch the goats have fun with the pure experience of their being.
Now that's Joy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4_EdJ-XkUA"]YouTube - A GIGGLE with the GOATS Jingle Bells Holiday Performance[/ame]

Fun videos!! I tend to think of any creature as worthy of respect, whether they have a discernable personality or not. Life is pretty amazing!