Killing with Kindness | INFJ Forum

Killing with Kindness

Julia

Community Member
Apr 21, 2009
MBTI
infj
Have you ever had someone invalidate you or cause problems because they were too naive to respect your position? Or they used the premise of kindness in a way that dismissed a real problem in your life? Or as a way to intrude and judge? Unfun.

Last edited:
Reactions: invisible
I think you should listen to your gut and get as far away from that guy as you can get!
And yes, that invalidation is pretty hard to stomach. And it's hard to ever see the person who did it in the same light again, so it's disappointing. After an encounter like the one you described I feel as though I have to scrape sludge off myself. Just ugh!

Yeah, I hate it when people do that, especially if they are doing so on religious grounds.

I think you should listen to your gut and get as far away from that guy as you can get!
And yes, that invalidation is pretty hard to stomach. And it's hard to ever see the person who did it in the same light again, so it's disappointing. After an encounter like the one you described I feel as though I have to scrape sludge off myself. Just ugh!
Thank you, sumone. I ended up feeling embarrassed and removed the story, but I appreciate your comment a great deal. My intuition is basically on red-alert. I second guess every thought, but my gut is quite certain in this case.

Yeah, I hate it when people do that, especially if they are doing so on religious grounds.

yes, especially if they are remarkably self-righteous about it

Yeah. And like Dragon said, esp. if it is on religious grounds. And then they justify it as, "I'm only being honest."

No, you're f'n not. You're being arrogant and mentally oppressive, and stomping all over my boundaries..

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
it gets worse when that very person is someone you want to care about, and you do. if that person weren't important to me, i don't think it would frustrate me as much.

Happened to me too.
Bah just get away from the person and continue living.
Why waste anymore beath on something thats not gonna benefit you anyway :)

I just had it happen to me in the last day. I don't know if I should be angry, or if there was something true to it. (It had explicit religious context).

Am I just kidding myself trying to practice religion... am I just not the right material to work with...

(I am strangely unsure of my goals now).

I just had it happen to me in the last day. I don't know if I should be angry, or if there was something true to it. (It had explicit religious context).

Am I just kidding myself trying to practice religion... am I just not the right material to work with...

You aren't kidding yourself. Let people have their opinions, but don't hold onto their opinions. Let them pass. You choose what is important to you.

If you find peace and meaning in your religion then continue to practice and find peace and meaning.

Past, don't sweat it Flavus. Questioning yourself is just a signal for growth. Show yourself patience. Try adding or removing some part of your routine when worshiping and see things improve. Often we can be reactionary to things we might otherwise brush off.

I wouldn't butt in with my two-cent opinion, however, I've seen how strongly you feel about God and religion as a compass for you. Hang in there, we all go through self-doubt :D

...Or Buddhism?

Convert to Islam
Can you imagine... I'd have a dozen wives and I'd go the whole nine yards: acid on the face, beatings, requiring they walk behind me, they'd have to cover their faces, so I don't have to see their misery, consent free sex, a quick turnover of divorce/remarriage.... Not to mention being able to bring the full extent of my deviousness and intellect to the forcing of infidels.

I'd be the Grand mufti in the harem of hard knocks... Plus I'd have the sjws covering for my cultural differences.

Nah... as fun and fancy free as it sounds, I don't think the meaning of human existence is found in a psychopathic wet dream... nor is the author of that existence to be discovered in that type of hyper degradation of his creatures.

(Thanks for giving me the entree to a good rant... I'm less dither-ey already).

Annihilation of suffering, through annihilation of desire... Um.... no.
In the Buddhism I practice it's 'earthly desires lead to enlightenment', so you can't really go wrong.
You don't have to irradiate desire, to desire is human,- we wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning without desire..
It's more about turning 'poison into medicine' I guess you can explain that as trying to make what you desire something that is good for you, or if it isn't finding a way to make it so, or changing it into something that is good for you.

Also what we learn through what we desire, whether it's an achieved goal or not can change us and help us grow...or change our objectives, or ultimately ourselves. If that makes sense?

Reactions: Wyote
In the Buddhism I practice it's 'earthly desires lead to enlightenment', so you can't really go wrong.
You don't have to irradiate desire, to desire is human,- we wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning without desire..
It's more about turning 'poison into medicine' I guess you can explain that as trying to make what you desire something that is good for you, or if it isn't finding a way to make it so, or changing it into something that is good for you.

Also what we learn through what we desire, whether it's an achieved goal or not can change us and help us grow...or change our objectives.
What is enlightenment in terms of medicinal desires?

Can you imagine... I'd have a dozen wives and I'd go the whole nine yards: acid on the face, beatings, requiring they walk behind me, they'd have to cover their faces, so I don't have to see their misery, consent free sex, a quick turnover of divorce/remarriage.... Not to mention being able to bring the full extent of my deviousness and intellect to the forcing of infidels.

I'd be the Grand mufti in the harem of hard knocks... Plus I'd have the sjws covering for my cultural differences.

Nah... as fun and fancy free as it sounds, I don't think the meaning of human existence is found in a psychopathic wet dream... nor is the author of that existence to be discovered in that type of hyper degradation of his creatures.

(Thanks for giving me the entree to a good rant... I'm less dither-ey already).
It must a relief to be able to speak your mind...to not be 'undercover' so to speak at last!