Johnny Depp Sucks | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Johnny Depp Sucks

I could not care less about the dysfunctional relationships of celebrities or other people that I do not know. I'm with @Flavus Aquila in that I can't stand him because he is a grown man who chooses to go by "Johnny." Yuck.

Also fuck Johnny Cash

Reactions: grt$5vb
Even if you ignore his personal life, he is the quintessential Hollywood sellout. He went from being a cool respected actor who made films like What's Eating Gilbert Grape, to starring in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. Check out his filmography. It has trended very poorly. He is the equivalent of the guy who pours your gas but drips it all over your car and then over charges you. I think that might annoy you regardless of his personal life.

He is an entertainer. Why exactly do you feel as if he had an obligation to live up to your expectations? Money is money.

Johnny Depp sucks because he is not married... to me.

Sorry Dang, totally disagree-- Depp is about the only one who can pull off some of the most extravagant/crazy roles. Also, he's a good looking mofo and has had some of the best roles in film I've seen over the past two decades(no offense).

Reactions: Night Owl
He is a sellout because he took a regular acting job? What is wrong with that? Idk how you can down a guy for taking a stable job especially since pirate of the Caribbean is on like #5. This thread is basically you dont like his latest movies so lets all jump on the bandwagon and call him a scumbag. I mean come on.

It's not just his movies. It's everything. I could list like a million things. But the recent allegations that he is abusive was the straw that broke the camel's back. I am just saying, he is blessed and has a dream life. Plus he is 52. He can afford therapy, meds, treatment, rehab, whatever. He is worth $400 million. I have no sympathy for someone that age and with those means who has extremely poor judgement and mistreats and even abuses others. It's well past time he grows up. He seems to model his life after his buddy Keith Richards. And he plays in a band with Alice Cooper. He tries to present himself as a cool, tough, rebellious badass, when in fact he is totally lame and Hollywood as fuck. I don't care if I seem judgmental. There are millions of people in this world (like me) who if given the opportunity to be in his position would do much more for the world at large. He has so much power, and he squanders it. That's what I hate about celebrity culture. I read wonderful posts on this blog and wish they received 1% the attention of the new garbage Johnny Depp movie. Fuck Johnny Depp. I am simply using him as a symbol. Why is it that the best and the brightest tend to be ignored, while people like the Kardashians have to be worshipped? I am not asking for the answer, I am simply stating that I am fed up. The youth of today deserve much better role models. I don't want my cousins looking up to Justin Beiber. Johnny Depp is a symptom of our superficial culture. Even if he is guilty of abuse it won't even effect him because he will lawyer up and make the problem disappear. I mean if Roman Polanski can rape a girl and then win an Oscar, why would things be any different for old Johnny boy. I am tired of rich people being above the law. Bill Cosby will never go to jail. Life is not fair. And sometimes it just really pisses me off. Fuck this world. So ugly, yet so beautiful. Got it?

He is an entertainer. Why exactly do you feel as if he had an obligation to live up to your expectations? Money is money.

I feel like he wants it both ways. He wants to be seen as an artist and a rocker, but the reality does not match up with his image. I have no problem with someone like Tim Allen. He does what he does. It does not appeal to me, but so what. So I guess it is an issue of authenticity and manipulation. I feel like young Johnny Depp would be ashamed of old Johnny Depp.

Johnny Depp sucks just like every other human being sucks.

He (supposedly) has problems and struggles with drug and/or alcohol addiction. I'm sure there are forum members that can relate to that, no? I can't hate the guy just because his struggles are paraded around by the media for all to see. Consider yourself lucky for not having to be in that position.

As for his acting, he is good. I don't go out if my way to watch any of his movies simply because I usually have no interest in that genre, but that doesn't mean he is not a good actor.

As for the recent allegations, I think they are bogus. Yes, there is a picture of her with a black eye. But was that done purposely? Did it fly out of his hand and hit her accidently and she saw that as an opportunity to use it against him? Or did he have nothing to do with the incident?

Also, when someone is accused of domestic violence, the first thing one should do is look to see if there are any past incidents that would support this type of behavior. His has had long term relationships with a few women that were very public and not one of them has come forward with any claims of domestic violence at his hands. If anything, they have nothing but nice things to say. He sounded like a loving and supportive partner.

Domestic violence is not something that happens overnight. It is part of the abuser's character starting at an early age. It can either be stopped by early intervention or it can (and usually will) progressively get worse. The latter is more common.

Again, there is ZERO past history that would indicate that he was an abuser. And he is in his late 50's. It doesn't add up.

If people start coming out of the woodworks with allegations of abuse then I may reconsider my stance. But as for now, I am leaning towards him being innocent.

I'll give it a month until I firm up that conclusion. I feel that is plenty of time for someone to step forward. Doesn't seem likely though.

Good points. I guess either Amber Heard is a sociopath, or Johnny Depp is an abusive creep. We will probably find out for sure eventually. But why the fuck did he get married without a prenup? That was undoubtedly stupid.

Sorry Dang, totally disagree-- Depp is about the only one who can pull off some of the most extravagant/crazy roles. Also, he's a good looking mofo and has had some of the best roles in film I've seen over the past two decades(no offense).

Points taken. I knew this thread would be somewhat polarizing which is why I started it. I am not saying he is Satan. He has done some good acting. Plus the ladies tend to dig him. I mean Amber Heard is insanely hot. I just am using him as an example of some things that bother me. I know I am being harsh. Everyone has different priorities and ways of criticizing others. If you like him that is fine, I just respectfully disagree. I mean, I like Iggy Pop and many think he is disgusting and should be placed in a padded room in a straight jacket. That is fine. I think the catalyst for this thread was hearing about his alleged abusive behavior and seeing his wife with a black eye. It really bothered (triggered) me. If he is totally innocent and she is a manipulative bitch I will be the first to admit that I overreacted. But I still find Pirates of the Caribbean to be an annoying money grab.

Reactions: endersgone
Sounds like a lot of jealous haters here.

I am not a jealous (envious) hater. But why can't I be successful, rich, famous, talented, good looking, and married to a young actress/model? It's not fair. I am not jealous. I just want to be exactly like him and I am totally bitter that I can't pull it off. But I am no jelly monster. And I am not a hater. I am simply looking for ways to make myself feel better because misery loves company. Jealous hater? Are you crazy? I know you are but what am I..........

It's not just his movies. It's everything. I could list like a million things. But the recent allegations that he is abusive was the straw that broke the camel's back. I am just saying, he is blessed and has a dream life. Plus he is 52. He can afford therapy, meds, treatment, rehab, whatever. He is worth $400 million. I have no sympathy for someone that age and with those means who has extremely poor judgement and mistreats and even abuses others. It's well past time he grows up. He seems to model his life after his buddy Keith Richards. And he plays in a band with Alice Cooper. He tries to present himself as a cool, tough, rebellious badass, when in fact he is totally lame and Hollywood as fuck. I don't care if I seem judgmental. There are millions of people in this world (like me) who if given the opportunity to be in his position would do much more for the world at large. He has so much power, and he squanders it. That's what I hate about celebrity culture. I read wonderful posts on this blog and wish they received 1% the attention of the new garbage Johnny Depp movie. Fuck Johnny Depp. I am simply using him as a symbol. Why is it that the best and the brightest tend to be ignored, while people like the Kardashians have to be worshipped? I am not asking for the answer, I am simply stating that I am fed up. The youth of today deserve much better role models. I don't want my cousins looking up to Justin Beiber. Johnny Depp is a symptom of our superficial culture. Even if he is guilty of abuse it won't even effect him because he will lawyer up and make the problem disappear. I mean if Roman Polanski can rape a girl and then win an Oscar, why would things be any different for old Johnny boy. I am tired of rich people being above the law. Bill Cosby will never go to jail. Life is not fair. And sometimes it just really pisses me off. Fuck this world. So ugly, yet so beautiful. Got it?

who is really worshipping the kardashians? I don't think I've ever met these people.

I am not a jealous (envious) hater. But why can't I be successful, rich, famous, talented, good looking, and married to a young actress/model? It's not fair. I am not jealous. I just want to be exactly like him and I am totally bitter that I can't pull it off. But I am no jelly monster. And I am not a hater. I am simply looking for ways to make myself feel better because misery loves company. Jealous hater? Are you crazy? I know you are but what am I..........

I don't think you're ready for this jelly.

Points taken. I knew this thread would be somewhat polarizing which is why I started it. I am not saying he is Satan. He has done some good acting. Plus the ladies tend to dig him. I mean Amber Heard is insanely hot. I just am using him as an example of some things that bother me. I know I am being harsh. Everyone has different priorities and ways of criticizing others. If you like him that is fine, I just respectfully disagree. I mean, I like Iggy Pop and many think he is disgusting and should be placed in a padded room in a straight jacket. That is fine. I think the catalyst for this thread was hearing about his alleged abusive behavior and seeing his wife with a black eye. It really bothered (triggered) me. If he is totally innocent and she is a manipulative bitch I will be the first to admit that I overreacted. But I still find Pirates of the Caribbean to be an annoying money grab.

Maybe you have fallen for a smear that has been set up by Amber. She is almost textbook b cluster personality disorder and those types are notorious for making false allegations.

I don't blame a man with children making money grab movies. We all work for a living and do what is best for our children and grandchildren and the generations that follow us as we get older. We make different choices that might be considered selling out to our younger selves.

I feel like he wants it both ways. He wants to be seen as an artist and a rocker, but the reality does not match up with his image. I have no problem with someone like Tim Allen. He does what he does. It does not appeal to me, but so what. So I guess it is an issue of authenticity and manipulation. I feel like young Johnny Depp would be ashamed of old Johnny Depp.

You are making a lot of observations but all based on distant observation.

As for the recent charges they are just accusations at this point. Its possible that Heard is unstable and is trying to hurt him. I dont know either person so I wouldn't be able to say whats what.

So I do not know Depp personally but I am entertained by his performances. I look forward to future performances from him at this time. If it turns out he really is a wife beater well... I guess that wont be the first person to disappoint me.

Ikr there are plenty of normal guys who work hard every day at abusing their wives and they don't get a 10th of the recognition that Johnny Depp gets for it. Stupid celebrities.

Selling out is a 90's issue though, invented by punk rockers before they inevitably did just that as punk went mainstream. I think that anyone who has earned their stripes as an actor/musician/artist may as well ca$h out later in their careers. Society has already cemented their views of what that person's image will be, so why not milk it for all it's worth.

His exes came to his defense and argued against the abuse allegations. I would find it very bizarre for him to suddenly become an abuser after having been in other long term relationships without abuse.

I don't mind that he sold out. He purposely started making movies that his children could watch so that is likely why he made mostly child friendly movies. I haven't seen Black Mass yet. I do believe he has talent but I think when you get to a certain age and a certain level of success you've earned a bit of novelty and freedom in your career. I may not pay to see some of those movies he's been in recently but I don't think he's any worse than before. The movies are just not my cup of tea.

I enjoy him well enough. I don't really believe in these abuse allegations. It seems really convenient for her, though. I guess we'll have to see. We owe abuse victims to investigate. Sometimes people are dirty, piece of shit liars trying to get money out of someone they've been barely married to. Some people are genuinely suffering. Who knows what is the case here.

His exes came to his defense and argued against the abuse allegations. I would find it very bizarre for him to suddenly become an abuser after having been in other long term relationships without abuse.

I don't mind that he sold out. He purposely started making movies that his children could watch so that is likely why he made mostly child friendly movies. I haven't seen Black Mass yet. I do believe he has talent but I think when you get to a certain age and a certain level of success you've earned a bit of novelty and freedom in your career. I may not pay to see some of those movies he's been in recently but I don't think he's any worse than before. The movies are just not my cup of tea.

I enjoy him well enough. I don't really believe in these abuse allegations. It seems really convenient for her, though. I guess we'll have to see. We owe abuse victims to investigate. Sometimes people are dirty, piece of shit liars trying to get money out of someone they've been barely married to. Some people are genuinely suffering. Who knows what is the case here.

What about the black eye? Did she punch herself? If he is doing a bunch of coke he could suddenly become violent. They both could be lying. We'll see.

What about the black eye? Did she punch herself? If he is doing a bunch of coke he could suddenly become violent. They both could be lying. We'll see.

Well they are actors. Im sure they know how make up works.

In light of the abuse accusations: I don't believe he did it, for various reasons others have posted before me.

Also: Johnny Depp is awesome.