It was just 1 of those days... | INFJ Forum

It was just 1 of those days...

Free Mind

I'm a Dragon! Rawr!
Nov 16, 2010
MBTI
INFJinity
Today was officially the worst working day I have ever had.

It started off waking up late, I had to be up around 6:00am so I could get all of my stuff ready but I woke up at 6:40am and was rushing around like a mad man whilst eating my cereal, which was a hearty 5 weetabix. I went to bed quite late so I was pretty damn tired already, I had no idea what was install for me today. My boss may ask me if I want to know what needs to be done the next day, I always say no. xD

Anyway, I left my house at 7:00am and jumped in the car, it was -1 degress celcius outside, "lovely! What a great day to be outside all day." I got to my workplace in about 20 minutes and went into the house before we started working.

I went outside and put all of my waterproof clothes on. "Damn...I forgot to wash them." They were covered head to toe in mud and concrete. "Lovely, now I need to lumber around all this extra weight all day." I put my steel toe cap boots on, another dead weight and I noticed that my shoe lace had almost broken. "Oh, my day is just getting better and better." My first job this morning was to level out the ground that had been trodden on for about the last 1 month, so it was pretty hard to move, and there was a lot of it. Took me a good 30 minutes to shovel it all away. This was a good first job as it allowed me to warm up but left my fingers cold and numb. I then proceeded to get ready for todays onslaught of concrete mixing, brick carrying and generally just being that guy who get's told to move everything and run around everywhere doing random things. I had got set up now with everything to hand, neat and tidy, just how I like it. I was told to get the first mix ready which is what I did, it was nice and quiet and everything seemed to be going pretty well now. I even did a really nice first mix. The day proceeded this way for a couple of hours with me running around with buckets of concrete and throwing them on the spot board for my work mates. "So far so good, I guess."

My boss's dad then went out to get two 60kg concrete poles for supporting weight under the building, he got back and we continued to carry both of them around the obstacle course called a messy building site. We got the object over a wall and then walked under the scaffolding which had been recently put up. I was behind the person helping me and he was walking pretty fast and I smacked the front of my head extremely hard right into the front of this scaffold pole which knocked my head back and clicked my neck whilst slamming my teeth together, I was still carrying the pole and everyone heard the loud bang that my head had produced. My friend immedietly said. "Are you ok?!?!" and being the person I am on the building site. "Yeah...i'm fine." we continued to carry the pole down to the bottom of the site and laid in into the concrete bed. I felt a huge lump immedietly appear on my head and it was throbbing like crazy. I felt really dizzy and got another bucket of cement before I drank some water and regained my bairings. After doing this, I felt really sick and could hardly concentrate on much, I tried eating some fruit which I brang with me and instantly started gagging when I looked at it. I couldn't eat anything...

I had recovered a little bit and decided to get back to what I was doing, I started shovelling the sand into the cement mixer. 4 shovels of sand, 1 of cement. "Wait...how many shovels have I done..." I was totally confused and could hardly remember if I had even shovelled any at all. I shrugged it off and done the whole lot again even though loads was already in the barrel. I noticed that the mixer had really filled up quick and was extremely dry so I began to add water into it. After doing this the mixer slowly edged forward and tipped over and came straight towards me, the mixer ripped my waterproof trousers on the way down and poured all of it's load onto my shoes and legs, it was still spinning after on the floor and continued to scratch my legs as I grabbed for the off button. No one had noticed that the mixer had fell so I pulled it up quickly and began to throw the contents into the wheel barrow. My work mates became impatient as I had not given them cement for a while, it was all over my legs and the floor. I mixed up another mix, a small 1 this time. And proceeded to take the buckets round to the back. "This day is really not going my way..." I then had to do a few side tasks like carry some cement bags around to the front and these things called cat nics that support door frames and so on. It was then time to get back on the mixer, my head was pounding, I had not noticed my extreme hunger and dehydration and was beginning to feel very sick. I once agained piled the mixer and forgot the number of shovels I had thrown in, and to my suprise, the mixer fell again this time knocking me to the ground, I felt like screaming in anger and simply just quitting on the spot. I said to myself. "Just stay strong, see this as a challenge." I calmed down a bit and proceeded to clean up the huge mess I had made. 10 minutes passed and I brought around another bucket of cement. I said to them.

"This day is really not liking me..."

"Whys that?"

I felt a tear slowly come to my eye as all the emotions hit me when I said what had been happening. I quickly finished and walked away before my workmates could see me in an emotional state. I went around to the front and grabbed a drink whilst staring at the destruction I had caused. My boss came around and instantly said. "Wow...We cleaned up this place yesterday and you've totally fucked it up." It's really nice hearing that when you feel like quitting and simply crying in anger. He then said. "Oh well, shit happens." That cheered me up a bit and I continued cleaning up the mess I made. I then put the mixer on level ground so it wouldn't fall over. Why didn't I do that in the first place...I finished my next mix and brought around another bucket of cement. Bang! "Ow..." I somehow managed to smash my head on a bolt that was sticking out of the scaffolding. This 1 really hurt this time and I simply said to myself. "This is really beginning to piss me off." I put the bucket on the spot board and sat down for a bit whilst I felt extremely dizzy once again.

I cannot be bothered to finish this off, there is so much more to go into, it's just taking way to long. I have a really bad headache now...Time for bed.

:m142::m169:

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit
Ooh...go to the doctor, Free Mind. You may have a concussion. That can happen if you get hit hard enough, and those sound like symptoms of someone concussed. :( Be careful!

Ohhh...poor baby. You should have taken a break after the first head bang. I'm sorry for what happened to you. OMG- the cement mixer falling over on you was horrible. Was it a half buggy mixer? And you have to be careful of the cement burning your skin. You know how high the ph gets...

I was the one who shoveled all of the sand into our mixer while building Dad's concrete dome. Whew....such very hard work. Fortunately I learned safety procedures from my work in the refinery and from Dad growing up (he worked in a refinery for 40 years). I bitched and moaned until the guys had everything stable before each day of work.

I have noticed in many situations these days - safety is not a priority anymore. Money is...

I do agree with Arbygil. You might want to get your head checked out (see if you have a brain after all - heh heh). No seriously - take care of yourself Free Mind. :hug:

Goodness, I've had shitty days but nothing compares to that :(
I feel for you, man, big ups for steeling yourself and finishing the job. I know I wouldn't have been able to after all of that.
Tomorrow's a new day, and it can only go uphill from here.