the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
How can I incorporate leafy green vegis into my diet without eating salads? Bear in mind I like to have as little cheese as possible. So if you have any suggestions or recipie tips I would appreciate reading them thanks.

I think that depends on what you are looking to add to your diet. What benefits are you seeking?

spinach and ricotta pizza

Reactions: the
I think that depends on what you are looking to add to your diet. What benefits are you seeking?

Im looking to add more leafy green vegitables and less whatever is in the meal I would have eaten otherwise.

Carrots, tomatoes. Eat a sandwich? Stop the red meat?

Smoothies. Make a berry smoothie with juice and maybe some yogurt or protein powder of choice, put in a handful or two of spinach or kale. Can't even taste it.

Why not just have a salad and keep having them. You get used to it and it can become quite a treat. Orr?

Tacos

Lots and lots of tacos

Reactions: Neuropedia
Well, looking up nutrition and the various ways they apply to veggies would be a start. Leafy and green without salad is difficult. Steamed broccoli is a fav. Spinich can also be steamed. Carrots are carbs/sugar so I wouldn't really do them. I can't stand cauliflower but it can also be steamed. Are you wanting to cut down on the red meat? The carbs? Pasta primavera is good if you go light on the sauce but then pasta is carbs.

Get a vitamix 4500. It's kinda expensive but it will last a long time and you'll never have to worry about it clogging up, etc. Then put in things like:

cabbage
red leaf lettuce
spinach
kale
collards
asparagus (not too much as a little goes a long way)
Brocolli (same)
bok choy
iceberg lettuce

...etc, etc - anything green and leafy. Don't drink too much at once and realize it'll have an odd taste at first. Sorta like lawn trimmings but you can throw in some fruit to sweeten it. Have one glass three times a day.

I recently started doing this too! The easiest way ever is V8, honestly. You get all the good stuff for you without having to eat it or convince yourself it tastes good with cheese/dressing/bread. And its way cheaper than buying that many veggies. Also, I started using the Juice Plus 'Ultra juice' supplement which is bi-layered tablets. I used to have a terrible immune system (I was sick like every other week). The ultra juice gives me I think 6 servings of the nutrients in fruits and veggies released throughout the day. I haven't been sick in months. Those two get me by without spending my calorie limit :)

I recently started doing this too! The easiest way ever is V8, honestly. You get all the good stuff for you without having to eat it or convince yourself it tastes good with cheese/dressing/bread. And its way cheaper than buying that many veggies. Also, I started using the Juice Plus 'Ultra juice' supplement which is bi-layered tablets. I used to have a terrible immune system (I was sick like every other week). The ultra juice gives me I think 6 servings of the nutrients in fruits and veggies released throughout the day. I haven't been sick in months. Those two get me by without spending my calorie limit :)

V8 is pretty crappy for you though and often loaded with sodium.

You might as well just make your own vegetable drinks with some tomatoes. Tastes similar - but better.

Just in case any non-transgender man (becoming a woman) didn't catch the troll, don't do this. It'll give you boobs.
Boobs are gross.
Prenatal vitamins do not contain hormones, as far as I know. I can't imagine them causing breast growth.

Prenatal vitamins do not contain hormones, as far as I know. I can't imagine them causing breast growth.

They don't. That post was silly.
They will make your hair and nails really healthy and shiny, though.

Noted, but sodium is an electrolyte and getting enough is important for transmitting electrical impulses (not to mention its good for your heart and nervous system), so unless they're eating a ton of crappy foods all day, its fine. Since corndogman is aiming for healthy eating habits, I'm assuming he's not loading up on unhealthy amounts of it in bad food.

More importantly, I'm a broke college student and its a cheap way to stay healthy :) nonetheless, its worked for me.

For some reason, I was thinking they supported hormone regulation or something like that. My b.

But IRL, if you're a guy, buy something formulated for men. Because men and pregnant women do not have the same vitamin requirements.

Well in a way they do. Women are growing a baby and men are trying to grow... pretty much everything.

Reactions: the