Is the oil spill finally over?!

arbygil

Passing through
Nov 29, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Cross your fingers, and send up a prayer...

BP: No oil leaking into Gulf from busted well
By COLLEEN LONG and HARRY R. WEBER, Associated Press Writers Colleen Long And Harry R. Weber, Associated Press Writers 21 mins ago

NEW ORLEANS

the BP oil spills has been breaking my heart. It is hard for me to watch news casts or read articles because I feel so sad about it. I really pray that this is the end of the oil spill and that we don't see anything like this again. I hope that the ecology can sustain itself and will see regrowth.

I certainly hope so. It has been a horror. Actually, I won't feel secure about this "fix" until the relief well is completed. As an engineer, I can tell you that the most important technical question one can ask is not how does it work but how does it break?

Unfortunately, this tragedy hasn't changed the minds of those in power who most need to change. This terrible leak confirms that the "once in a hundred year" events are the ones we know least about yet they always happen sometime. Think Katrina.

If its over, the immense damage to the ecological systems remains. Many are not aware of the effects this catastrophe actually has due to the fact that we are not seeing their direct effects now. With time, we shall see.

Reactions: 894tt3h9
^^Agreed to all above. The catastrophe can't even be measured. I don't think it ever will be measured.

*throws a ruler in the ocean*

Looks to be about the size of... ohmygod guys we're doomed.

If its over, the immense damage to the ecological systems remains. Many are not aware of the effects this catastrophe actually has due to the fact that we are not seeing their direct effects now. With time, we shall see.

If it's not over, the 'immense' damage will be nothing compared to the damage we will see. I think it's an okay thing to hope for the spill to be done with.