Is political polarization kind of blighting your enjoyment of the forum? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Is political polarization kind of blighting your enjoyment of the forum?

• An upgrade is pending. The forum is only accessible in debug mode.
    Complete upgrade

Yeah?

• Total voters
i like the way he shaved all the hair off his back

TBH, this forum makes it seem like ‘INFJ’ is synonymous with the alt-right. We already have an issue with Hitler being labeled an INFJ to contend with, so I wonder if this is alluring to far-right conservatives who have a 'certain agenda', many of whom are not INFJs.

There are numerous posts here that are ripped directly from Sinclair Broadcast Group propaganda… and anyone who does their homework knows two things about Sinclair: 1. The news is fake, exaggerated, or corrupted to send a specific message 2. It is far-right conservative.

I think the majority of people who come here are looking for fellow INFJs to share discussions with, because we've never met fellow INFJs, or know very few of them, and it is refreshing to be with like-minded people, yet the political posts on this forum overshadow everything else. Sometimes the political discussions are diplomatic and inclusive, but rarely. It's too bad.

That's why I spoke up in the past – I wanted everyone to feel welcome here, and I wanted INFJ forum to be a place where INFJs felt accepted and safe.
And that is why I left for a while. Now, I try to stay out of the political threads. There are a lot of people here who are cool when they don't plaster the forum with propaganda.
Speaking up made me more miserable. Being loud like that means utilizing inferior traits... and it made me feel fried.

Ultimately, I'm not sure a lot of INFJs are getting what they need here. A lot of interesting people, INFJs, leave or fade into the background.

For many members this is a forum, like any other forum on the Internet where they can bullshit and argue, but it is my impression that the majority of people who sign up here are INFJs, or know an INFJ, and are seeking connection, and understanding, or advice.

I know I will be called a SJW or Snowflake for this post, but I am actually a moderate. I disagree with many SJW platforms, and I wish we could all be funny about stereotypes here, but the political climate on this forum doesn't allow for that. The bottom line is, the forum has to be for all INFJs to be called the INFJ forum.

TBH, this forum makes it seem like ‘INFJ’ is synonymous with the alt-right. We already have an issue with Hitler being labeled an INFJ to contend with, so I wonder if this is alluring to far-right conservatives who have a 'certain agenda', many of whom are not INFJs.

There are numerous posts here that are ripped directly from Sinclair Broadcast Group propaganda… and anyone who does their homework knows two things about Sinclair: 1. The news is fake, exaggerated, or corrupted to send a specific message 2. It is far-right conservative.

I think the majority of people who come here are looking for fellow INFJs to share discussions with, because we've never met fellow INFJs, or know very few of them, and it is refreshing to be with like-minded people, yet the political posts on this forum overshadow everything else. Sometimes the political discussions are diplomatic and inclusive, but rarely. It's too bad.

That's why I spoke up in the past – I wanted everyone to feel welcome here, and I wanted INFJ forum to be a place where INFJs felt accepted and safe.
And that is why I left for a while. Now, I try to stay out of the political threads. There are a lot of people here who are cool when they don't plaster the forum with propaganda.
Speaking up made me more miserable. Being loud like that means utilizing inferior traits... and it made me feel fried.

Ultimately, I'm not sure a lot of INFJs are getting what they need here. A lot of interesting people, INFJs, leave or fade into the background.

For many members this is a forum, like any other forum on the Internet where they can bullshit and argue, but it is my impression that the majority of people who sign up here are INFJs, or know an INFJ, and are seeking connection, and understanding, or advice.

I know I will be called a SJW or Snowflake for this post, but I am actually a moderate. I disagree with many SJW platforms, and I wish we could all be funny about stereotypes here, but the political climate on this forum doesn't allow for that. The bottom line is, the forum has to be for all INFJs to be called the INFJ forum.
You know you will be called a snowflake for this post? Exactly how many times has anyone here been called a snowflake directly? My count is at none.
As for the rest of it? Just avoid the political threads if you dont like political discussion? I do not even know how this is even a problem for people other than the fact they don't like different view points and being proven wrong.
Am I missing something here?

You know you will be called a snowflake for this post? Exactly how many times has anyone here been called a snowflake directly? My count is at none.
As for the rest of it? Just avoid the political threads if you dont like political discussion? I do not even know how this is even a problem for people other than the fact they don't like different view points and being proven wrong.

You are missing something here. It's like living in a house with a background noise of arguing going on all the time (an on-going domestic). You can ignore it but it's still there, and on some level it contributes to the atmosphere of a place, and that contributes to how you feel about being there.

You are missing something here. It's like living in a house with a background noise of arguing going on all the time (an on-going domestic). You can ignore it but it's still there, and on some level it contributes to the atmosphere of a place, and that contributes to how you feel about being there.
Kind of like driving by a car wreck. If you had just kept driving and never slowed down to look you would not have seen the decapitated body right?

Reactions: Littlelissa
Kind of like driving by a car wreck. If you had just kept driving and never slowed down to look you would not have seen the decapitated body right?
Don't be silly there about 3 handfuls of regular and new forum users at present and every time you take a look to see whose posted what, a good majority of it is a barrage of back and forth argument- a lot of this just seems to be an endless repeat (I know please don't get started)..... Anyway wouldn't it be better to not have the car wreck if possible, rather than have to avoid looking at it.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Don't be silly there about 3 handfuls of regular and new forum users at present and every time you take a look to see whose posted what, a good majority of it is a barrage of back and forth argument- a lot of this just seems to be an endless repeat (I know please don't get started)..... Anyway wouldn't it be better to not have the car wreck if possible, rather than have to avoid looking at it.
Should we limit discussion to a couple of predefined topics?

Reactions: Littlelissa

I think the thing that gets me is this forum is mostly made of political threads. That or self help threads/ blogs. When there's a lot of conflict in political threads and those make up half the forum it does just seem like a lot of conflict and a lot of places users cant go. I Get it.

There really isn't very much diversity here and that can get really boring. I've tried to make a few threads over the years on different topics and nothing takes off.

In answer to EH's question about limiting topics;
I think it's more the nature of the discussion I have a problem with. It seems like more of an argument than a discussion. I know it's alright to disagree but I don't understand how people can argue the same points endlessly without getting any closer to any one else understanding their point. I mean what is the point to that, is there any point? I just can't see that there is anyway.

I think the thing that gets me is this forum is mostly made of political threads. That or self help threads/ blogs. When there's a lot of conflict in political threads and those make up half the forum it does just seem like a lot of conflict and a lot of places users cant go. I Get it.

There really isn't very much diversity here and that can get really boring. I've tried to make a few threads over the years on different topics and nothing takes off.
If it could be merged or limited to a few threads. But it does seem there are several threads all talking about the same political thing.

If it could be merged or limited to a few threads. But it does seem there are several threads all talking about the same political thing.

yeah, it's always been that way. In another year, the same old topcs will be recycled.

If you guys have some ideas, feel free to start a thread in suggestions/feedback forum. My brain is too tired to think about it right now :) 10 pm and little girl is only just aslep. Little shit. lol

yeah, it's always been that way. In another year, the same old topcs will be recycled.

If you guys have some ideas, feel free to start a thread in suggestions/feedback forum. My brain is too tired to think about it right now :) 10 pm and little girl is only just aslep. Little shit. lol
Maybe a Trump megathread lol. Just slop it all in together.

I think people shouldn't be able to re-post unless their contributing something new to their argument, lol.

Reactions: Skarekrow
See you guys? We DON'T actually police everything!

I post on political topics primarily as a vent from what I read in the news. It's like I want to scream at the news casters "You are lying! I'm not one of your sheep!" type of thing but I can't. And on their forums...for the ones that allow you to post... people are going batshit insane with no coherent argument at all. Here at least there is some amount of coherence with some people. For the ones that don't allow you to post it's like they are slapping you in the face and there's nothing you can do about it.
Beyond that in my mind there's a clear connection between political ideals and feeling compared to the thinking functions. This actually interests me.
These days I find few other things on this forum that capture my interest. Occasionally something pops up but dies off pretty quickly.
And so, here we are.

Oh and I really enjoy the insults hurled at me.

Last edited:
Maybe a Trump megathread lol. Just slop it all in together.
Put a warning and password on the political thread. Users have to ask an admin for a password. And then...its your own fault if you get triggered.