Is political polarization kind of blighting your enjoyment of the forum? | INFJ Forum

Is political polarization kind of blighting your enjoyment of the forum?

Yeah?

• Total voters

Sloe Djinn

Idiot with Internet Access.
Mar 2, 2010
MBTI
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Because I've got to say that's what's happening for me. Not to be too dramatic. INFJ's doesn't need me, but I feel like getting it out there because why not.

Well, you could just avoid the areas that do this to you.

I like to think occasionally people start to think outside what they are used to thanks to the commentary here and that somehow leads to a better world in the future. It's not an easy path though clearly.

Reactions: CindyLou
Is political polarization kind of blighting your enjoyment of the forum?
Because I've got to say that's what's happening for me. Not to be too dramatic. INFJ's doesn't need me, but I feel like getting it out there because why not.
Not true, INFJs does need you.
I don't see any real polarization, @Skarekrow and @invisible and I slap @Eventhorizon horizon around a few times a week in between posting various left wing articles and positions pertaining to the current political landscape while @Eventhorizon occasionally points out how brilliant he is as he snarkily puts us down and posts contrary opinions and truthy articles. Sometimes @Billy blasts in with alex jones' latest take on things while @CindyLou and @Sriracha look the other way.

I must say the political threads are a welcome respite from @dang 's scary selfies and @Milktoast Bandit 's always profound nuggets of endless haphazard derailments.

Last edited:

I stay off the political threads for the most part. Sometimes I'll peek in, read a bit, give my two cents which amounts to zero sense and move on.

Last edited:
I think when the political threads dominated the forum, it was a turn off. I think it gave people the impression that the forum was obsessed with political conflict and nothing else. Yes, it drew attention but it was often negative and divisive. On the other hand, I usually just ignore those threads and don't contribute. But when threads contain too much political or forum drama, it's a turn off in general. Other, less intense threads get buried or ignored. Members just wanting to explore more social, personality, or other forum friendly topics may avoid posting if they see that the only threads getting attention are political or drama ridden threads.

Last edited:
I think when the political threads dominated the forum, it was a turn off. I think it gave people the impression that the forum was obsessed with political conflict and nothing else. Yes, it drew attention but it was often negative and divisive. On the other hand, I usually just ignore those threads and don't contribute. But when threads contain too much political or forum drama, it's a turn off in general. Other, less intense threads get buried or ignored. Members just wanting to explore more social, personality, or other forum friendly topics may avoid posting if they see that the only threads getting attention are political or drama ridden threads.
I counter with saying it's the world we live in. If people do not take notice of what's going on around them, what hope do we have to move forward and make something better than what we have now?

Well, you could just avoid the areas that do this to you.

I like to think occasionally people start to think outside what they are used to thanks to the commentary here and that somehow leads to a better world in the future. It's not an easy path though clearly.
Ha, I used to believe that.

Used to.

I don't see any real polarization, @Skarekrow and @invisible and I slap @Eventhorizon horizon around a few times a week in between posting various left wing articles and positions pertaining to the current political landscape while @Eventhorizon occasionally points out how brilliant he is as he snarkily puts us down and posts contrary opinions and truthy articles. Sometimes @Billy blasts in with alex jones' latest take on things while @CindyLou and @Sriracha look the other way.

I must say the political threads are a welcome respite from @dang 's scary selfies and @Milktoast Bandit 's always profound nuggets of endless haphazard derailments.

I've stopped a lot of involvement here in general. Life goes on, and I find myself away from the computer more and more.

In regards to politics: There are many people I have grown to get to know on this forum and deeply respect, which is why I partake very seldom in political discussion. I equate it to burning a candle at both ends. It's not effective and there is no point. Your side is just as corrupt as my side. All it does is create a division. It makes me despise people, because it brings out the worst in them. I read the same b.s. over and over again ... verbal diarrhea. The negativity is not even constructive, but a battleground between people who think they "know-it-all." IDK about you, but I don't care much for know-it-alls.

P.S. I'm working on my orange belt.

Also avoiding stuff doesn't necessarily work because some times I just accidentally notice stuff that makes me want to stab people in the face.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Can you not configure the site where political discussion does not show up on the main page?

Reactions: Sriracha and James
@Sloe Djinn I wish you posted more because I find a lot of your posts very funny and when not funny, insightful. And then there are the bonus funny insightful posts. Funsightful. (I'm still chuckling about you melting the faces off your Lego guys from that one thread about being evil as children.)

I've read through this whole thread over and over again, looking for the Two cents nuggets. Is there a link? I'm just hungry now.

Somebody has those nuggets....
#trumpsamerica2017nuggettheftrussiancollusioncomeyinonit

@Sloe Djinn I wish you posted more because I find a lot of your posts very funny and when not funny, insightful. And then there are the bonus funny insightful posts. Funsightful. (I'm still chuckling about you melting the faces off your Lego guys from that one thread about being evil as children.)
I agree.

I think the world is beggining to realize the Democrats are full of it. No substantiation to the claims they make and they only do so to be obstructionist. Sad this realization did not happen decades ago.

Alt right, not Alex Jones.