Is Jon Stewart a INFJ? | INFJ Forum

Is Jon Stewart a INFJ?

LucyJr

Aug 10, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
I think you know Jon Stewart with his show. There is something very INFJ is his overall vibe: he is very emotive, sometimes do the point of being childish, despite his courage and unbroken spirit( something that is quite rare in INFJ, but I think this guy has travelled a long way to get where he is), and he has that detached, introspective look in his eyes, specific to INFJs. Probably the most outstanding charcteristic that imediately strikes you when you see the guy is his no non-sense attidude, his boldness.

JonStewart.jpg

Does anybody think there is a chance this guy is a INFJ?

Also, intelectually wise, he seems definately a Ni user, coupled with strong Ti. The way he separate clearly the important from the silly and insignificant stuffs, explaining connections and even giving predictions, althought he is a comedian but he likes to stick his nose on other jobs, appears pretty INFJ to me.

I don't know... An introvert? I think it is a little bit of a stretch. I would agree to just about everything else: intuitive, feeling, judging. I guess I could see it, but since all we really see is his TV personality, I'd hesitate to type him on it.

I think he is pretending to be something he is not, it is pretty obvious that most of what he says is scripted for him but it makes one wonder what the purpose is.

[video=youtube;oj5Sd3BRm_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj5Sd3BRm_I[/video]

I don't know but here's a clip of him being less wacky, interviewing George Carlin which is worth watching for its own sake.

I think he is pretending to be something he is not, it is pretty obvious that most of what he says is scripted for him but it makes one wonder what the purpose is.

Ultimately it's a comedy show and it's all about entertaining. Of course it is mostly scripted, just like the news is scripted which it parodies and every other comedy show. He is acting so it can be difficult to discern his personality from the show. I think he's brilliant at what he does but he probably doesn't act the same way in real life as he does on the show.

[video=youtube;oj5Sd3BRm_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj5Sd3BRm_I[/video]

I don't know but here's a clip of him being less wacky, interviewing George Carlin which is worth watching for its own sake.

Along with this video you posted I can see even better that he is a INFJ.

So I'm guessing George Carlin is INTP?

Both of these people are actors and entertainers with writers. I don't think you can conclude anything accurately without off camera documentation.

Jon Stewart, much like Steven Colbert, are playing a persona for their shows. I would even say that most TV hosts are playing a role that is likeable for the public. I imagine the only way you would ever know his MBTI is if you asked him.

I don't know... An introvert? I think it is a little bit of a stretch. I would agree to just about everything else: intuitive, feeling, judging. I guess I could see it, but since all we really see is his TV personality, I'd hesitate to type him on it.

What's wrong with him being a introvert?
I mean, Letterman is another talk show host who is a ISTJ, and he did that job everyday...
Someone needs to change the definitions of introversion and extroversion.

So I'm guessing George Carlin is INTP?

Nope, George Carlin is a very very very very very very typical INTJ, so typical that he is boring.
Sory, just needed to get that out...

No matters how a person pretends, the basic characteristic will always remain, as one can not change his own nature.

I dont pretend to have a clue how to type people just by looking at them but an Introvert? No.

Nope, George Carlin is a very very very very very very typical INTJ, so typical that he is boring.
Sory, just needed to get that out...

No I dont agree at all with your assessment. Not an introvert at all.

I mean, Letterman is another talk show host who is a ISTJ, and he did that job everyday...

Yes, I think you are right. The more I think about it, the more I feel that comment was hasty. There's a superficial understanding of extrovert and introvert, but the reality is incredibly complex. Upon reflection, I don't think an introvert is any more barred from a job being the central figure on a political/media comedy show than an extrovert would be drawn to it. My logic was flawed.

I should also admit that, while I respect that there are deeper and more complex understandings of introversion, I don't necessarily know what they are. My only understanding is that extroverts gain energy from being around people while introverts lose it. I think that if someone was an introvert and spent enough time with themselves to maintain the energy they need to also spend time with others, they would gain a certain internal insight that would actually be very valuable in comedy and analysis of political/media events. Given that, it is very possible he is an introvert.

I still don't think we could accurately tell just from his TV personality, though. There are interviews with Jon Stewart outside of his show that may be more telling. Here are some gems I just found:
http://www.third-beat.com/2012/12/1...ecrets-revealed-conversation-stephen-colbert/
http://gawker.com/5968373/jon-stewart-confirms-what-seemed-obvious-hugh-grant-is-a-dick
http://youtu.be/WFhqPnieR3s

Enjoy!

BTW, I just listened through all 43 minutes of that interview with Rachel Maddow (the last link in my comment) and it is awesome! Well worth a watch!

With Jon Steward being MIJ, I find his MBTI to be of little importance and instead believe we should focus on making sure he is both protected and breeding.

I agree. They need to change the definitions to be more in line with your thinking.