Is it really weird to crave affection? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is it really weird to crave affection?

I know it's cliche but find a hobby...do something to keep yourself busy....I recently discovered that I was really damn good at carving things out of wood....who would have thunk.....I never knew I could do that....
Find something cathartic....something that gets your endorphins flowing....

That's definitely a good plan!! I was thinking that once January is over and all these essays are out of the way I'd crack on with something, but perhaps I should think sooner than that. Endorphins are never a bad thing :)

That's definitely a good plan!! I was thinking that once January is over and all these essays are out of the way I'd crack on with something, but perhaps I should think sooner than that. Endorphins are never a bad thing :)

Go run, swim, hell even meditating releases endorphins...in fact I wrote a paper on the relationship between Buddhist visions and self-induced overdose of endorphins...was really interested in neuro-chemistry at one point in time...lol....they are so good for you...there is no medication that the Doc can give you that would work better to improve your mood....

Reactions: Sensiko
Go run, swim, hell even meditating releases endorphins...in fact I wrote a paper on the relationship between Buddhist visions and self-induced overdose of endorphins...was really interested in neuro-chemistry at one point in time...lol....they are so good for you...there is no medication that the Doc can give you that would work better to improve your mood....

This is exactly the kind of thing I need to hear. I won't go now, as it's midnight, but tomorrow I'm going to do something endorphiny (if that's not a word it should be!)

This is exactly the kind of thing I need to hear. I won't go now, as it's midnight, but tomorrow I'm going to do something endorphiny (if that's not a word it should be!)

Meditate before bed....there is a Buddhist meditation to appreciate your position in life and that is to simply envision all those in the world that have it worse than you...it isn't really a comfortable meditation, but it gives you better perspective on you own situation... and like I said even that will release endorphins.

Meditate before bed....there is a Buddhist meditation to appreciate your position in life and that is to simply envision all those in the world that have it worse than you...it isn't really a comfortable meditation, but it gives you better perspective on you own situation... and like I said even that will release endorphins.

Hmmm, I'd never really considered that kind of meditation. Perhaps I'll give it a go. Actually, speaking of which... :)

Thanks again, by the way.

No prob, good luck...let me know how it goes...

You are not alone, everyone deals with it to some extent or another.

Phew, thanks guys :)

Im sending you a big hug Bollington.
I'm addicted to affection too. Which is a little bit ironic because I also love independence and need a lot of time to myself.
Im lucky though because I have the cuddliest toddler in the world that needs constant affection. Her nickname is cuddle pie. I live with my sister (INFP) and she is the same. People are sickened by how nice we are to each other. I like to slip little bits of card into my loved ones pockets that say 'hug' so they can feel loved and creeped out all at the same time.

Its a hard thing to go without. Ive been in situations before that were hostile and have been let down before by people when I really needed them. Its hard not to feel lonely and unloved when this happens.
The most important way Ive been able to remedy this is to love myself. I consider myself my best friend and I make sure I get what I need to make me happy, because I cant guarantee that anyone else will. Its my responsibility to make sure I'm happy.

I really hope you find someone to share your affection with. In the mean time maybe you could consider volunteering for a charity. That often helps curb my cravings for affection.

I believe in free hugs for everyone

Reactions: Bollington
Thank you very much, [MENTION=4956]Asarya[/MENTION] (I love your signature by the way!)

I'm glad that you, and others above, can understand the need for affection and someone to hug you every now and then! And I must say, I'm quite envious if you have all that love in your life... I really hope I can get myself a set-up even half as cool! (I'd definitely slip messages too, or possibly make a packed lunch for my partner and cut heart-shaped sandwiches, just to be a bit cutsie) There can never be enough love, if you ask me.

The making myself happy thing is a process which I can see taking some time... I've been fortunate enough to get some great advice from this forum so far and I intend to use it, but I don't think it's going to be an overnight fix.

Your idea about charity work is great! I've volunteered for a couple of things over the last couple of years and it gives such a great feeling :) I'm in my final year of a degree at the moment, so I might not go for much charity work right now; however, I do intend to do a few things when this round of assignments is over, and a hell of a lot more once my degree is finished entirely.

I also believe in free hugs for everyone :)

i would like to think that everyone has a need to be completely understood by someone who understands our mind, body and soul. i don't know if i'd call it affection, but more like an absolute understanding.

Reactions: Bollington