Is it possible for 2 Si parents to spawn 2 Ni children? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is it possible for 2 Si parents to spawn 2 Ni children?

I think that all functions are not so much heritable. For example I suspect that my parents are ISFJ and ISTP. In some things I am more like father and in some more like mother. My brother is ESTJ, so we share just J letter. If parents' type influence childrens', we could not be so different. Yes, we have similar life values, but we live them differently.

I think that Ni becomes a mechanism for children who feel the need to anticipate other's actions to protect themselves (whether physically or emotionally). It could explain why two S parents producted N children. Your environment might have played a deeper role in creating a Ni function because it was important to anticipate your parent's reactions to given situations. I think really strong Ni happens to some kids because they learn at a young age the world is a dangerous place and Ni gives you an edge in protecting yourself.

I am also N child from S parents...I grew up in safe and good enviroment.
As I said, I am not certain that heritage has too strong influence on S/N difference

I think that Ni becomes a mechanism for children who feel the need to anticipate other's actions to protect themselves (whether physically or emotionally). It could explain why two S parents producted N children. Your environment might have played a deeper role in creating a Ni function because it was important to anticipate your parent's reactions to given situations. I think really strong Ni happens to some kids because they learn at a young age the world is a dangerous place and Ni gives you an edge in protecting yourself.
Awesome, I could get behind this theory.