Irma, go away. Enough already! | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Irma, go away. Enough already!

Friend said they are all ok. Most of the damage confined to the yard.

Ton of clean up now.

Bridges are being inspected in our area before they allow those that evacuated back home.

How do people afford to stay in motels a week, then come home to damages? Lost week of work, many of which did not have $200 to their names, compounds the problems for people living week to week. These hurricanes, or storms of sorrow, mostly come from about the same places. Hard to imagine how we can take pictures of awesome things around us in space, but have yet to tackle these monsters except to forecast them. Maybe with understanding will come a way to protect us from these things. Mankind usually doesn't take things for granted. I guess maybe the right person has not come along to lead us into better understanding. I pray that can happen one day, or one century, in the future.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Gaze
No power. Got water back today, FINALLY! I've been told we can return home tomorrow, but there will be no water until Friday.

Many hurricanes this season so far. Puerto Rico is in my prayers. Maria left the entire place without electricity for an estimated 60 more days. That was their second hit in about two weeks. Floods are cracking a dam that is a serious threat to thousands.
There is famine and pestilence many places.

Dude it hurts that Irma is the name of Satan these days. Or people find it ridiculous. My first cat's name was Irma, I chose it because I thought it was cute yet classy. It hurts to have those lovely memories tarnished lol.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
We can hardly go outside where we live(our yard) because of massive mosquitoes and large quantities of them. Have to fight them at the door.
Yes.
I was down in Florida for about a week before the Hurricane. I'm glad people like living there but there's just nothing there that calls to me. The humidity and heat alone make me question why anyone would like it.

I'm a mountains kind of person. I'm not sure what that says about me.

Reactions: just me
Dude it hurts that Irma is the name of Satan these days. Or people find it ridiculous. My first cat's name was Irma, I chose it because I thought it was cute yet classy. It hurts to have those lovely memories tarnished lol.
Meh. It's only what you choose to focus on. To this day people say "Eventhorizon" great movie! I wasn't a fan of the movie.

My background is chemistry; my life for 8 years was chemistry. I am fucking certain. Those lines in the sky are created by way of water that was created in the combustion of jet fuel being cooled to form ice crystals. Nothing more. Loosen your tin foil hat

I'll take into consideration your voice in this matter. It is important to me.

However, ima keep ma tin foil hat on real snug.

Meh. It's only what you choose to focus on. To this day people say "Eventhorizon" great movie! I wasn't a fan of the movie.
6erVSRZ.gif

I'll take into consideration your voice in this matter. It is important to me.

However, ima keep ma tin foil hat on real snug.
Never take it off.
tVcPusM.gif

Last edited:

In Houston, after Harvey there was a large Benzene leak from a plant and they also announced that certain huge areas of the city were being sprayed for mosquitos. Like huge sections.
Very little coverage about any of this. I imagine a lot of spraying is scheduled in Florida but most Floridians will not be made aware of when and where it is happening.
It's so important to look into these types of things on your own after any disaster. Also figuring out where there is drinkable/safe water which can be sketchy for a good while.

They say we are getting sprayed this evening. Still can't get into the house without knocking mosquitoes off the dogs and fighting them at the door when they try to sneak in behind everyone. Have yet to hear the great mosquito hawks above us. People WANT to get sprayed here. Now. Must research Texas area and see how they are doing.

Reactions: Wyote and Sandie33
Yes.
I was down in Florida for about a week before the Hurricane. I'm glad people like living there but there's just nothing there that calls to me. The humidity and heat alone make me question why anyone would like it.

I'm a mountains kind of person. I'm not sure what that says about me.

There is something for almost everyone in America. South Florida? Lots of folk like the beaches, the women on the beaches, the access to deeper water for fishing, clearer water for whatever, and there seems to be an air there ion the nightlife. I can get along with most weather conditions. I do need at least some kind of a winter, though. Like to see it freeze every now and then, and a good frost in October means a good muzzleloading season.