Irma, go away. Enough already! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Irma, go away. Enough already!

New Jersey sending troops to Florida for Hurricane Irma help
The Associated Press
New Jersey is deploying troops and a specialized task force to Florida to help with Hurricane Irma.

The state's Army National Guard 253rd transportation company departs from Cape May County on Friday for central Florida. The unit is equipped with high-wheeled vehicles.

A Naval reserve unit, equipped with boats and towing vehicles, was deployed on Thursday evening.

Republican Gov. Chris Christie has issued an order that temporarily waives the international fuel tax agreement and international registration plan for any commercial vehicles traveling through the state to aid areas affected by Irma and Hurricane Harvey.

The suspension remains in effect until Oct. 1.

My whole life when confronted with potentially serious consequences I have always planned for and expected the worst. I honestly don't understand people who expect the best or some variation of it.

Reactions: Wyote and Free
I posted it cuz its funny. He is clearly calling the media reaction a climate change a shill. He is making money by accusing the media of making money reporting on a major storm and making money for retailers selling supplies to citizens in fear of a category 4-5 storm barreling in their direction. He is a paid entertainer, just like most of the news media.

I posted it cuz its funny. He is clearly calling the media reaction a climate change a shill. He is making money by accusing the media of making money reporting on a major storm and making money for retailers selling supplies to citizens in fear of a category 4-5 storm barreling in their direction. He is a paid entertainer, just like most of the news media.
That may not be inaccurate. My concern here though is making light of an exceptionally dangerous situation. I think hes right to imply hurricanes and the like are used to promote the man made global warming idea but the rest of it... I think is a poor choice to say the least.

Reactions: Gaze
he hypocritically accuses others of doing what he does

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
I think tomorrow is going to be a ghost town on the streets. Schools and businesses are already posting notices for closings on Monday. Initially, everyone just planned closing for the weekend, but it's rattling everyone, so. . . . One of my friends and her family drove north last night, to northern FL. She reached this afternoon. Although the person they're staying with is not making any hurricane prep, I hope they'll be ok. I'm scared though because the hurricane's line of sight is forecast for not just FL, but states further north. Hopefully, it will drop a few categories after it hits land, but still, it's scary.

Last edited:
We evacuated last night, just to find out that we may not have gone far enough west. Riding out the storm in Valdosta, GA.

DCT_SPECIAL106_1280x720.jpg

The Weather Channel

Right now, it's just light winds in our area. Nothing serious yet. Where we are though is not supposed to be heavily affected as other areas. The Keys and north of Keys are being heavily hit with winds, rains, and some flooding. I'm nervous for relatives living in Tampa, because the city is now in the hurricane's Direct line of sight. According to news reports, some places, further south, the places where Irma hit first, of course, have already lost power but the power company is working hard to restore it. Our area is supposed to be impacted later tomorrow, but not as seriously as we first thought based on all the news coverage. We are under a tornado warning but not experiencing anything significant yet. However, all counties in this area are under curfew from this afternoon. Still not sure what to expect tomorrow. Lights will likely go out with the start of heavy winds and rains. Pretty much a waiting game.

Of course, thoughts are with those who've been affected by Irma.

Last edited:
Here Are The Latest Updates On Hurricane Irma’s Path Of Destruction:

"Meteorologists say the storm will take an unexpected westward turn, hammering the Tampa area."

What's wrong with this? ^