INTP vs INTJ | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

INTP vs INTJ

INTP vs INTJ

• Total voters
Yes, yes, yes. I think they are capable of great insight and stimulating intellectual discussions, but as the discussion progresses they seem to develop tunnel vision and lose site of why such-and-such event even matters. For instance, a school shooting is a symptom of a sick society, The details of the school shooting are irrelevant to the main point.

I think INTPs are extremely arrogant, in general. Discussions between two INTPs usually derail into petty quarrels over semantics; in addition, the goal is to win the debate. INTPs do not seem interested in learning from each other,

Judging from my forum experiences, many INTPs seem immoral and severely lacking in empathy. Basically, many seem to have no character.

****Not true of all INTPs, of course!***

INTPs value pure intellectualism, above all else.

In many of life's circumstances, this means absolute fuck all.

It's the reason why so many INTPs are disillusioned, bitter assholes. Not that I know anyone like that. :innocent:

@Wyote you're the Yoddah of this forum. (I'm sure you get my joke) *hugs hugs*

Yoda confirmed INFJ. You're not wrong.

Yoda-Meme-Screenshot.png

Yes, yes, yes. I think they are capable of great insight and stimulating intellectual discussions, but as the discussion progresses they seem to develop tunnel vision and lose site of why such-and-such event even matters. For instance, a school shooting is a symptom of a sick society, The details of the school shooting are irrelevant to the main point.

I think INTPs are extremely arrogant, in general. Discussions between two INTPs usually derail into petty quarrels over semantics; in addition, the goal is to win the debate. INTPs do not seem interested in learning from each other,

Judging from my forum experiences, many INTPs seem immoral and severely lacking in empathy. Basically, many seem to have no character.

****Not true of all INTPs, of course!***

You spent too much time in the INTP forums. INTPs probably shouldn't congregate in large groups- they pair well with people who are different but an INTP who surrounds themselves with other INTPs just leads to... tragic things.

Also Hyper-intellectualism when combined with pissing contests produces these unfortunate things INTP or not. It's massively important not to take yourself too seriously, your life is forever better when you can laugh at yourself.

Not to disagree with anything you wrote, just contributing to this line of thought.

You spent too much time in the INTP forums. INTPs probably shouldn't congregate in large groups- they pair well with people who are different but an INTP who surrounds themselves with other INTPs just leads to... tragic things.

Also Hyper-intellectualism when combined with pissing contests produces these unfortunate things INTP or not. It's massively important not to take yourself too seriously, your life is forever better when you can laugh at yourself.

Not to disagree with anything you wrote, just contributing to this line of thought.

It's refreshing to be here, actually.

Actually, you made some good points. I think that perhaps the INTPs who frequent INTP forums for years aren't typical INTPs! :hiding:

Actually, you made some good points. I think that perhaps the INTPs who frequent INTP forums for years aren't typical INTPs!

It's never good to be in an echo chamber of any sort. Like me, doomed to the echo chamber of my own mind.

I'd also like to add that I believe that a lack of Fe development is really what pushes these quarrels to vexing and insensitive territory.

I used to be extremely argumentative, but I learned over time that this behavior is at the expense of true connection.

It's no mystery to me why INFJs would like INTJs better
This is just, oh, like the cutest thing ever! Wait... which one os the INFJ?

haha... that was a joke...
I'd also like to add that I believe that a lack of Fe development is really what pushes these quarrels to vexing and insensitive territory.

I used to be extremely argumentative, but I learned over time that this behavior is at the expense of true connection.
This. when that Fe is developed INTPs are like my favorite type ever. But when it isn't there, they are scarier than a narcissistic and highly sociopathic INTJ.

Aren't those hares? Hares are scary, bunnies are cute.

A couple of hares:

4976.jpg

A couple of rabbits (bunnies):

e0d921b01e860ec4dec528c06b8b50e5.jpg

Many people in the member photo threads have claimed to be the forum potato. And that's not a wonder, just look at how much love potatoes are getting. Apparently it's better to be a potato than an INFJ, and being an INFJ potato beats everything!

large.jpg

@Free - Those also look like both INTJs and INTPs.

@Fidicen - Watership Down is about bunnies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote and Reason
I have no time to read this. It should be a thread about which would win in a fight by the title...
My money is on the intj

If an INTP uses his/her Fe, doesn't that deplete the Ti? Either or, ya know.

:hmmm: