INTJ and Walls? | INFJ Forum

INTJ and Walls?

CoffeeShopDiva

Community Member
Jan 18, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Here I go with an other question.

I know everyone is different. But, I'm going to ask anyway.

As an INFJ, I have many levels of walls to keep people out.

And, I was wondering about walls and INTJs. Would they also be trying to keep people out?

Everyone has some kind of wall built up as a defense mechanism.

I think mainly what differentiates these walls are the construction and design. I, for instance, have a moat. ;)

My answer sucks, but generally that's how I see people. Some people are an open field, others are nearly impenetrable fortresses.

Edit: My F and J are generally the weaker of my four letters, so you can safely pretend I'm INTJ/INTP. I've tested as the latter more than the former, though (and INFJ more than any of these).

Last edited:
All of the NJ types have walls up more then other other types in my opinion. All for different reasons. This is what I believe are the core reasons of having walls for each type:

ENTJ: Distrust of others and dislike of others not conforming to inner ideals.
INTJ: Strong distrust of others intentions.
ENFJ: Fear of rejection from not appealing to others in the right way.
INFJ: Fear of rejection from others by lack of complete understanding.

Reactions: grt$5vb
That sounds plausable. I know someone who had an INTJ boyfriend, who said that said INTJ would not share his ideas from worries that someone would steal the idea. To me that didnt make so much sense, because in sharing the idea you are able to open a dialogue in order to improve upon it, as well as the idea can possibly improve things for everyone, including yourself. And by sharing your ideas and making it public, nobody can claim ownership within that particular sphere of things. That's one of the reasons why Fe and Te are so different.

I have a moat with loch ness monsters, a 500ft high wall, double reinforced gates, a triple reinforced drawbridge with explosives at the bottom which I can explode anytime, 5000kilowatt searchlights every 12 ft, armed sentires every 10 ft and a whole regiment of troops in reserve. Not to mention air reserves that can be called in from nearby bases :D

*edit* oops sorry didnt see you were askig for intjs. didnt see the 1 letter difference :/

Last edited:
All of the NJ types have walls up more then other other types in my opinion. All for different reasons. This is what I believe are the core reasons of having walls for each type:

ENTJ: Distrust of others and dislike of others not conforming to inner ideals.
INTJ: Strong distrust of others intentions.
ENFJ: Fear of rejection from not appealing to others in the right way.
INFJ: Fear of rejection from others by lack of complete understanding.

This is really interesting. I never thought of it this way.

Thanks, guys! :p

INTJs can read intentions like a book. It is why we are known as the master strategist; we can read and understand people's intentions usually from the moment we meet them. We can also evaluate their intelligence and competence very quickly. In fact it is in our nature to make an internal judgment on everyone we ever meet. You literally have about 30 seconds to make a good impression on an INTJ or we usually put you in our "nothing to learn/gain from" list.

At that point you meet our walls. Our walls are actually a complicated and complex machine that is designed so that it gives other people just enough of what they need, in order to reciprocate our needs.

We could absolutely care less what someone thinks of us, our ideas on the other hand are the most important thing to us. We will readily share our ideas with others, and are open to critique, but only by those who are knowledgeable and can teach us new things. We soak up knowledge like a black hole.

If you meet an INTJ and they are being genuine and honest with you, then you are in a very deep level of the INTJ castle. Because we can read people so easily, we usually can give someone just enough so that they have no idea they are not getting all of us.

This is also why we are considered by most to be cold, detached and aloof.

What INTJs cannot ascertain through our intuition is emotion and what it means. We attempt to make logical sense of emotional responses. This could cause us to build walls of an entirely different manner. These walls are actually our unhealthy walls. They cause us to ignore Fe and focus on Ti. This causes many INTJs to become underdeveloped in emotional response and evaluation areas. Which leads to us to distance ourselves from emotion and reacting to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb
I know INTJs that have walls, and I know some that don't. One of the ones that do seems to have it more to maintain personal space than anything -- I think he doesn't like being too familiar with people because he doesn't want them to bother him, basically. I think that's more common with INTJs -- they don't want others getting on their cases for the way they think (which is often blunt and analytical), and they sometimes would prefer just maintaining distance rather than trying to act friendly.