Institutions | INFJ Forum

Institutions

technics

On Holiday
May 13, 2011
MBTI
Yes
Which institutions do you think are most suitable to an INFJ or an INTJ? I was going through this by type. SJ would probably feel at home in banks, FJ in hospitals, FP in the music or film industry etc.

Have you ever had a hunch saying "Wow, that's such an INFJ institution?" or "... INTJ institution"? Or do you have experience with such institutions?

Reactions: Gaze
I thought we were going to be sharing
stories about our stays in institutions.

Last edited:
I thought we were going to be sharing
stories about our stays in institutions.

[MENTION=2926]Bird[/MENTION] Experiences are alright... what institution were you thinking of?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bird
Mental institutions.

If this keeps on going in circles, I'm sure this will become the mental institution at infjs.com

Reactions: not sure
Some kind of sect where everyone wears purple and predict the future using cows and apple trees.

I could see xxTJs (so INTJ) liking working in the science field since it's heavily structured and xxFJs (so INFJ) as charity people/psychologists since it's about helping people and that kind of stuff but that's very generalized and stereotyped so it's hard to give a real answers and I like big sentences with no comas.

It is said that TJs are manager types or gravitate towards that role. Certainly, the majority of INTJs online are science types. The lawyer and artsy INTJs probably have better things to do.

I yet have to come upon an institution that has INTJ signature.

For the INFJ or the INTJ?
Both. We both are Ni doms, and Ni can drive us krrrrraaaaazzzzzzzyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

As an INFJ, I have to say that I hate everything about hospitals. They creep me out...

Which institutions do you think are most suitable to an INFJ or an INTJ? I was going through this by type. SJ would probably feel at home in banks, FJ in hospitals, FP in the music or film industry etc.

Have you ever had a hunch saying "Wow, that's such an INFJ institution?" or "... INTJ institution"? Or do you have experience with such institutions?

But that's soooo broad. There are a host of subdivisions and departments in any of those institutions that can cater to different personality types. Not to mention, different types could like working in the same place for different reasons.

FP in the music or film industry etc.

In my experience, it's SP's that flock to creative or artistic industries.

Think about bands. Rock or metal bands in particular- or any band that considers itself deep or meaningful music. Their music is typically in touch with an extremely intuitive+feeler/thinker approach, the exposure of their inner thoughts and feelings on complex problems which trouble them through their lyrics and musical ideology and agenda is totally not Se or Si. Yet the lifestyle they live is completely comfortable for them, they thrive off it. It's a strong case of SP's with developed intuition.

If I think about all the bands that I love, they all have an extremely deep, dense, troubled and definitely intuitive vibe to them. But those people are not intuitives and you can tell. In fact they are mostly SP types but the music is like a window, giving you access to that part of their consciousness that you would never normally see in daily life. Just seeing them in real life reveals their lifestyle and it is unmistakably Se. They bind themselves with their friends and fans through a shared understanding of their Se perspective.

On the other hand, if you look at a true Ni dom in a famous or major rock band, you'll find that they are uncomfortable and/or reject the lifestyle that goes with it. Classic case being Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam who is probs INFJ. He shunned from the light and purposefully turned his back on the fanatics and media coverage. He loves music and being a musician but he is different in that he doesn't relate to the SP band lifestyle. But it does take a great deal of Se development for an Ni dom not to have nervous breakdown by living in that environment, especially having it as a career.

So anyway... :shocked: SP types are most likely to (and consistently do) create just as meaningful arstistic creations as intuitive types.

In my experience, it's SP's that flock to creative or artistic industries.

Think about bands. Rock or metal bands in particular- or any band that considers itself deep or meaningful music. Their music is typically in touch with an extremely intuitive+feeler/thinker approach, the exposure of their inner thoughts and feelings on complex problems which trouble them through their lyrics and musical ideology and agenda is totally not Se or Si. Yet the lifestyle they live is completely comfortable for them, they thrive off it. It's a strong case of SP's with developed intuition.

If I think about all the bands that I love, they all have an extremely deep, dense, troubled and definitely intuitive vibe to them. But those people are not intuitives and you can tell. In fact they are mostly SP types but the music is like a window, giving you access to that part of their consciousness that you would never normally see in daily life. Just seeing them in real life reveals their lifestyle and it is unmistakably Se. They bind themselves with their friends and fans through a shared understanding of their Se perspective.

On the other hand, if you look at a true Ni dom in a famous or major rock band, you'll find that they are uncomfortable and/or reject the lifestyle that goes with it. Classic case being Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam who is probs INFJ. He shunned from the light and purposefully turned his back on the fanatics and media coverage. He loves music and being a musician but he is different in that he doesn't relate to the SP band lifestyle. But it does take a great deal of Se development for an Ni dom not to have nervous breakdown by living in that environment, especially having it as a career.

So anyway... :shocked: SP types are most likely to (and consistently do) create just as meaningful arstistic creations as intuitive types.

Well, there are NF bands out there, you can tell the difference. Even if a band seems "deep", much of it actually isn't. RATM, U2, Muse, Nirvana, Hendrix and Radiohead are all NF type lyrics and deeper than what most people call "deep". It's not just about the topics, even though the topics do matter between which types will write about what, but it's about how the types write things. SP's will describe something like scenery and create something with imagery, NF's will not base their writing on imagery so much as getting a point across.

The difference between Sensors creating music and intuitives creating music is that sensors will tend to make things very "to the book" or theory. Sensors, imo, seem to work inside scales perfectly and use simple drum beats very heavily. Intuitive musicians, think Johnny Greenwood. Sacrifice the theory to produce a certain effect or emote something. Good example is "In Bloom" by Nirvana. Uses Bb, G, F, Ab. Then goes to Bb, F#, Eb, B and A. The song uses every note between F and A along with an Eb. Um... that's weird and not something a sensor would do. Nothing against sensors but it's just not something they'd do.

And I also think Eddie Vedder is an isfp. The rootsy type of folk that he's gravitating to seems more Se based. Not to mention, his lyrics don't really speak Ni to me, more of an Fi. Think of Yellow Ledbetter, written about people who didn't wave back to him and Mike in the 90s because they had long hair.