Insane Drug Prices | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Insane Drug Prices

I disagree too. [MENTION=5667]Jacobi[/MENTION] has some really good points.
I would agree with you if Turing Pharmaceuticals made some new drug…or even bought some new drug rights and jacked them up a bit.
But to take a staple of life saving treatment and jack the prices up that high is just pure price gouging.
The guy even hints at making supplies scarce to keep tighter controls on any generics being made, fuck that guy.
Just because someone can do something our laws allow them to get away with or exploit, doesn’t mean that they should.
US Businesses have a sick definition of what ethics are.
This is an old drug that is much needed.

And now Fox news is negatively reporting on the company, just FYI.
You can care now.

Foxnews has a whole demographic of old people who watch. Its a base and speaking negatively about drug pricing can only help their ratings.

I never said I agree with what they are doing. I only understand the engine behind it and that engine goes far beyond drugs. Shouldnt people have cheap food, gas housing. .. yes. All great ideas, all noble ideas. Make it easier for people to live. A chicken in every pot. Pot in every chicken... ;)
But thats not what drives innovation. That ls not what drives technology to adapt and evolve quickly. And it is the quickness in which these things move that will make a world like that possible one day. Its just nit going to be in our lifetimes even though we are on the precipice of it. Corporations are creating the items needed to do this even though they dont see that in the end game they will become obsolete. A perfect example is 3D printers. People dont have to take ideas to corporations any more to bring them to the public. They can create their ideas at home. Jumpstarter. People dont have to bring their ideas through corporations anymore. They can give them directly to the public and see if the public wants to make it happen.
We are on the verge. All brought to you by technology originally funded by corporations. Corporations currently still play a role though just as capitalism does. Get rid of either right now though and the whole thing collapses.

And I dont think a lot of people get this about me. Im fine with this world coming about after I am dead. I dont need this world to exist right now even though it would be nice. I recognize we are moving toward it but I also recognize what can ruin the possibility and that is why I am so out spoken about those things.

We just need cheap clean energy to keep everything moving.

Last edited:
Foxnews has a whole demographic of old people who watch. Its a base and speaking negatively about drug pricing can only help their ratings.

I never said I agree with what they are doing. I only understand the engine behind it and that engine goes far beyond drugs. Shouldnt people have cheap food, gas housing. .. yes. All great ideas, all noble ideas. Make it easier for people to live. A chicken in every pot. Pot in every chicken... ;)
But thats not what drives innovation. That ls not what drives technology to adapt and evolve quickly. And it is the quickness in which these things move that will make a world like that possible one day. Its just nit going to be in our lifetimes even though we are on the precipice of it. Corporations are creating the items needed to do this even though they dont see that in the end game they will become obsolete. A perfect example is 3D printers. People dont have to take ideas to corporations any more to bring them to the public. They can create their ideas at home. Jumpstart. People dont ha e to rhn their ideas through corporations anymore. They can give them directly to the public and see if the public wants to make it happen.
We are one the verge. All brought to you by technology originally funded by corporations.

I never said that money has never driven industry.
In fact, it has and does.
I mean, remember learning about supply and demand in HS?
I’m not saying that we should all just join hands and sing Kumbaya (sp?), and that everything should be free to all.
That is this vision you seem to think I have in my head, that just isn’t there I’m sorry to say.

We can certainly talk about our visions of a Utopian society and how they differ but this thread is about an ethical line being crossed.

Money is not the only driver of innovation…just as you yourself just wrote, things like 3D printers and more widespread internet access will hopefully see some great innovations created.
Jonas Salk the guy who created the Polio vaccine did it purely for altruistic reasons and continues to save thousands of lives every single year.
And I don’t have a problem with someone being successful at all.
But it’s the mentality that people like the Papa John have (besides disgusting pizza, I boycott them).
It’s the mentality that you don’t need to give back when you become successful…and they’re right, they are not obligated to give back by raising employee salaries, or benefits….in fact Papa John is now famous for fighting as hard as he can to NOT give his employees healthcare.
It was his hard work, but also the hard work or all his employees that made his chain successful.
Same goes for Wal-Mart and the Walton family….they didn’t do anything but inherit it from granddad.
The very least they could do would be to pay their employees enough that they don’t have to be on SNAP benefits while working full-time.
Especially when they make Billions in profits every year and are the single richest family in the US.
Economists have even shown that it would take a minuscule amount per trip to the checkout…like you would have to pay an extra 10 cents per trip to give the employees enough of a raise to not need food stamps.

Manufacturing is not coming back to the US.
We have to figure out where the jobs are going to come from….I say, let them fix the nearly 65,000 + bridges that are deemed “unsafe”.
Where will the money come from? How about if we actually tried taxing people like huge fund managers, or instead of giving Shell Oil huge tax breaks while they pollute our coasts and keep prices artificially high at the pump, all while making Billions in profits each year greater than the last.
Why are they getting tax breaks that equates to the government giving them millions of dollars of taxes collected from working class America?
They aren’t even a US company, and I don’t hate Shell, my Dad worked almost 40 years for them…I hate the fact that people who run this nation are beholden to such corporations.

So now, can we get back on topic?

Last edited:
295701_512796535397996_729383735_n.jpg

tumblr_magfk4Znm51rgf9mgo1_500.jpg

^^^ Keep in mind he pays them minimum wage and slashed their hours to 30 or under to avoid paying for healthcare.
But God forbid, someone tries not to starve or let their children starve.
Asshole.
e66c0754afc13112b3277220a6f52f21.jpg

THIS mentality is the problem.

[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]
We really need people to start boycotting these fuckers. That's the only thing that will ever work.

Too bad it'll never happen because all most people care about is getting their pizza the fucking apathetic cows.

@Skarekrow
We really need people to start boycotting these fuckers. That's the only thing that will ever work.

Too bad it'll never happen because all most people care about is getting their pizza the fucking apathetic cows.

People do have choices, they are just apathetic like you said.
You could shop at employee owed Winco, or at slavers Wal-Mart.
Like I said, I don’t buy from Papa John.

The problem with the cost of drugs is the limited choice that people can make…you can’t boycott Turing if you need to be treated for toxoplasmosis or any other range of illnesses.
That’s why I’m trying to at least inform people that this is taking place, and hey, it was on the news this morning…so enough people gave a shit about it for it to make it that far at least.

But yes…apathetic cows is a good descriptor.

People do have choices, they are just apathetic like you said.
You could shop at employee owed Winco, or at slavers Wal-Mart.
Like I said, I don’t buy from Papa John.

The problem with the cost of drugs is the limited choice that people can make…you can’t boycott Turing if you need to be treated for toxoplasmosis or any other range of illnesses.
That’s why I’m trying to at least inform people that this is taking place, and hey, it was on the news this morning…so enough people gave a shit about it for it to make it that far at least.

But yes…apathetic cows is a good descriptor.

Some times sacrifices must be made. I understand if people are afraid to do without. I understand if people don't want to get sick or die and so they pay out. That's not their fault. But if people do it just because they don't care, that pisses me off.

I personally would boycott these companies even if it means my death. But that's just me.

Some times sacrifices must be made. I understand if people are afraid to do without. I understand if people don't want to get sick or die and so they pay out. That's not their fault. But if people do it just because they don't care, that pisses me off.

I personally would boycott these companies even if it means my death. But that's just me.

You know I agree with you.

Check out his BS live on TV!
This guys is so full of shit that he should maybe consider running for President.

[video=youtube;H0P4r9fcy1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H0P4r9fcy1o[/video]

I love how he cites TWO deaths…compared with the thousands he is potentially killing.
Love his comment - “It’s a more appropriate cost."
He’s just a fucking psycho.
What an evil, evil, person.

Last edited:
You know I agree with you.

Check out his BS live on TV!
This guys is so full of shit that he should maybe consider running for President.

[video=youtube;H0P4r9fcy1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H0P4r9fcy1o[/video]

I love how he cites TWO deaths…compared with the thousands he is potentially killing.
Love his comment - “It’s a more appropriate cost."
He’s just a fucking psycho.

I don't know why they even bother with this garbage like anyone is ever going to admit to underhanded dealings.

Of course they only want to "do research" just like the mafia only wants to "protect you".

I don't know why they even bother with this garbage like anyone is ever going to admit to underhanded dealings.

Of course they only want to "do research" just like the mafia only wants to "protect you".

feature_biotech17__04__614x365.jpg

“…aaand that’s the story of how I sold my soul to Satan, our Dark and Supreme Leader."

Just in case anyone wants to write or call:

Turing Pharmaceuticals LLC
1177 Avenue of the Americas, 39th Floor
New York, NY 10036

Tel: 1.646.356.5577

For media inquiries, contact:
Alan Ripp
aripp@rippmedia.com

Haha he actually looks like it too. I hope Satan lets this guy be my personal bitch.

All I know is this guy has some serious Karma that is gonna knock his fucking socks off.
If we truly do have life-reviews when we die where (those who have experienced it have relayed) we will get to feel all the times we effected someone negatively or vice versa, feel it from their perspective, and know the harm they have done.
I have a feeling though that he’s either going in the trash bin or is getting instantly recycled into a small starving child with Malaria and no access to the (now) costly medication to save him.
He’s gonna have fun either way.
;-)

I never said that money has never driven industry.
In fact, it has and does.
I mean, remember learning about supply and demand in HS?
I’m not saying that we should all just join hands and sing Kumbaya (sp?), and that everything should be free to all.
That is this vision you seem to think I have in my head, that just isn’t there I’m sorry to say.

We can certainly talk about our visions of a Utopian society and how they differ but this thread is about an ethical line being crossed.

Money is not the only driver of innovation…just as you yourself just wrote, things like 3D printers and more widespread internet access will hopefully see some great innovations created.
Jonas Salk the guy who created the Polio vaccine did it purely for altruistic reasons and continues to save thousands of lives every single year.
And I don’t have a problem with someone being successful at all.
But it’s the mentality that people like the Papa John have (besides disgusting pizza, I boycott them).
It’s the mentality that you don’t need to give back when you become successful…and they’re right, they are not obligated to give back by raising employee salaries, or benefits….in fact Papa John is now famous for fighting as hard as he can to NOT give his employees healthcare.
It was his hard work, but also the hard work or all his employees that made his chain successful.
Same goes for Wal-Mart and the Walton family….they didn’t do anything but inherit it from granddad.
The very least they could do would be to pay their employees enough that they don’t have to be on SNAP benefits while working full-time.
Especially when they make Billions in profits every year and are the single richest family in the US.
Economists have even shown that it would take a minuscule amount per trip to the checkout…like you would have to pay an extra 10 cents per trip to give the employees enough of a raise to not need food stamps.

Manufacturing is not coming back to the US.
We have to figure out where the jobs are going to come from….I say, let them fix the nearly 65,000 + bridges that are deemed “unsafe”.
Where will the money come from? How about if we actually tried taxing people like huge fund managers, or instead of giving Shell Oil huge tax breaks while they pollute our coasts and keep prices artificially high at the pump, all while making Billions in profits each year greater than the last.
Why are they getting tax breaks that equates to the government giving them millions of dollars of taxes collected from working class America?
They aren’t even a US company, and I don’t hate Shell, my Dad worked almost 40 years for them…I hate the fact that people who run this nation are beholden to such corporations.

So now, can we get back on topic?

I kind of agree with you concerning big corporations and the way they treat their employees. I currently work for a corporation that I will feel a great amount of glee if I ever get to see them go under...except of course for all the employees it will negatively effect. I knid of agree accept for the fact that PEOPLE DONT HAVE TO WORK FOR THEM. They dont have to take a job for any company they feel is going to rape them. They dont have to stay with a company that is raping them. These companies are under no obligation other than to follow the law. Maybe you think people are morally obligated to do something for their employees but lets be serious, the vast amount of people will never care. Just because you think they ahould and perhaps cant understand why or how they cant doesnt make any difference. Its human nature.

So talk about it and make yourself feel better for talking about it. At the end of the day its not going to change until the future I envision comes around but the good news is I believe it will. Its just not going to happen in our lifetime.
I dont stress over it. Im just trying to help you not stress over it. Whether you listen to reason is up to you.

I kind of agree with you concerning big corporations and the way they treat their employees. I currently work for a corporation that I will feel a great amount of glee if I ever get to see them go under...except of course for all the employees it will negatively effect. I knid of agree accept for the fact that PEOPLE DONT HAVE TO WORK FOR THEM. They dont have to take a job for any company they feel is going to rape them. They dont have to stay with a company that is raping them. These companies are under no obligation other than to follow the law. Maybe you think people are morally obligated to do something for their employees but lets be serious, the vast amount of people will never care. Just because you think they ahould and perhaps cant understand why or how they cant doesnt make any difference. Its human nature.

So talk about it and make yourself feel better for talking about it. At the end of the day its not going to change until the future I envision comes around but the good news is I believe it will. Its just not going to happen in our lifetime.
I dont stress over it. Im just trying to help you not stress over it. Whether you listen to reason is up to you.

Because once again…(and let’s all say it together children) Eventhorizon is always right, and everyone else is fucking stupid and unreasonable.
That’s so retarded.
Take the blinders off your head for once man.
I don’t want to live in your future, because your future has no fucking heart, call it being irrational to give a fuck about the world and the people in it.
Of course no one HAS TO WORK FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE (IN ALL CAPS).
It’s just those who have to seek work at places like Wal-Mart are usually uneducated or come from an impoverished background themselves and have fewer opportunities (or trust funds to fuck around with) than others.
So yeah, there will always be uneducated or under skilled/inexperienced members of the work force out there and there are jobs like Wal-Mart and McDonalds to hire them. Except for a couple of things…
Some places all you can find are shitty paying jobs, and with no way to save to move somewhere else and job search, or take time off to go to school and educate yourself because you are working two jobs to survive.
Also, some very educated people have had to suck it up and take shitty jobs since we keep sending the good paying ones overseas to be done cheaper.
Also your convenience of switching jobs is laughable to a good many people.
So you are going to bitch about paying an extra .10 cents per average checkout order so people can make just a little bit more and then can stop taking food stamps, but you see Wal-Mart makes millions of dollars from SNAP benefits being spent at their stores…and if their employees can’t make ends meet without SNAP benefits then Wal-Mart just makes more money from the taxpayers via SNAP. You should honestly be pissed at them…I can’t see why you are blaming the people working for them…that’s like saying we should just let them get treated shitty…or at the very least - how would you like to be treated?…and we can be reasonable with it…I’m not advocating for giant pay hikes…but even small adjustments would benefit many folks and make many ineligible for SNAP benefits anymore - because they wouldn’t need them.
That’s the whole point.

You keep advocating for your awesome rad future you envision where you rule as some sort of protagonist in a Mad Max film and stuff is just exactly how YOU said it would be…and we would all look back at how goddamn retarded and idiotic we all were - especially me.

And I’ll keep caring…because with heartless people like you trying to run the show I’ve got my work cut out for me.
(Fin)

Last edited:
Reactions: SpecialEdition
Because once again…(and let’s all say it together children) Eventhorizon is always right, and everyone else is fucking stupid and unreasonable.
That’s so retarded.
Take the blinders off your head for once man.
I don’t want to live in your future, because your future has no fucking heart, call it being irrational to give a fuck about the world and the people in it.
Of course no one HAS TO WORK FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE (IN ALL CAPS).
It’s just those who have to seek work at places like Wal-Mart are usually uneducated or come from an impoverished background themselves and have fewer opportunities (or trust funds to fuck around with) than others.
So yeah, there will always be uneducated or under skilled/inexperienced members of the work force out there and there are jobs like Wal-Mart and McDonalds to hire them. Except for a couple of things…
Some places all you can find are shitty paying jobs, and with no way to save to move somewhere else and job search, or take time off to go to school and educate yourself because you are working two jobs to survive.
Also, some very educated people have had to suck it up and take shitty jobs since we keep sending the good paying ones overseas to be done cheaper.
Also your convenience of switching jobs is laughable to a good many people.
So you are going to bitch about paying an extra .10 cents per average checkout order so people can make just a little bit more and then can stop taking food stamps, but you see Wal-Mart makes millions of dollars from SNAP benefits being spent at their stores…and if their employees can’t make ends meet without SNAP benefits then Wal-Mart just makes more money from the taxpayers via SNAP. You should honestly be pissed at them…I can’t see why you are blaming the people working for them…that’s like saying we should just let them get treated shitty…or at the very least - how would you like to be treated?…and we can be reasonable with it…I’m not advocating for giant pay hikes…but even small adjustments would benefit many folks and make many ineligible for SNAP benefits anymore - because they wouldn’t need them.
That’s the whole point.
Jebus.
Fucking thick.

You keep advocating for your awesome rad future you envision where you rule as some sort of protagonist in a Mad Max film and stuff is just exactly how YOU said it would be…and we would all look back at how goddamn retarded and idiotic we all were - especially me.

And I’ll keep giving a fuck…because with heartless people like you trying to run the show I’ve got my work cut out for me.
(Fin)

Wow. I think thats a bit dramatic. Im nit always right but Im not wrong either. Until I get more or new information to add I dont see how my way of thinking is incorrect

But.... this is your thread and all im trying to do is give you a perspective that is clearly beyond you. I dont understand why but I dont have to. I truly think though if you expand on the information you allow yourself to see and take in though you will have a better chance of actually coming up with a solution.

Its my fault for infiltrating your thread. I thought you were actually interested in finding solutions and doing something more than just complaining.

Well its possible my point of view is twisted and fucked up. I dont see it.

But heres the kicker. What if its not?

Well its possible my point of view is twisted and fucked up. I dont see it.

But heres the kicker. What if its not?

What kicker…like that is some gotcha line?
I don’t care for your future.
Got it?
I think your vision of it sucks.
Got it?
I think it pessimistic at best, certainly no where near realistic.
Got it?
Good.
Now at least we can agree that I made it clear.

Edit - to answer “what if it’s not?”
What if I get cancer one day…do I stop giving a shit about people today?
No.
This is my point.

Last edited:
What kicker…like that is some gotcha line?
I don’t care for your future.
Got it?
I think your vision of it sucks.
Got it?
I think it pessimistic at best, certainly no where near realistic.
Got it?
Good.
Now at least we can agree that I made it clear.

Hmmm.... even though it sounds a lot like the one you are trying to pursue.

Interesting. Ok. Ill leave. Get on with your.... .... discussion.

Hmmm.... even though it sounds a lot like the one you are trying to pursue.

Interesting. Ok. Ill leave. Get on with your.... .... discussion.

Our final vision may be similar in how we envision society living.
I just think your methods to get there are unnecessarily heartless.
That’s my opinion EH.
I am entitled to it as are you.