[INFJ] - INFJs... WHY? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] INFJs... WHY?

He. is. joking. muir, please. It's enough.

Sure you can dismiss me out of hand, or you could take just a little time to listen to what i'm saying and you might begin to understand what i'm talking about

If you're not interested in doing that then its probably best just to put me on ignore so that you don't feel compelled to tell me to cool down without actually hearing me out

No there's no drama, we're cool

I found that other thread @niffer

I want to post it so that you can see why i have an issue with this guy's videos

Its because i have again and again found him to be misrepresenting INFJ's as i see it. If someone criticises me for something that i am actually guilty of i'll usually think 'fair cop' or if it is something that is particularly challenging to my ego and difficult to digest i might go and ruminate on it for a while and eventually accept it for the truth it is and swallow it

INFJ's are likely to be their own harshest judge!

But this guy just doesn't say stuff that rings true

here's the thread: http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24030&page=2

He made a post saying:

[FONT=&amp]INFJ's have trouble sifting through the myriad of possibilities and prioritizing the singlemost important answer and then taking the initiative to act upon that.

By this point i was getting pretty exasperated at all the false accusations this guy was slinging at INFJs so as you'll see from the thread i said:

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]''That's total bullshit man

Instead of constantly making these incorrect analyses of INFJ's why don't you tell us about something you do know about: ESTP's?[/FONT]''

I hope that these examples i've given can show you why i feel we're being misrepresented here....comedy is funny when its true....it falls flat when it ain't

He makes mistakes about every type and admits it. He doesn't take himself too seriously, which I appreciate. :)

My posts are trying to deal with massive topics in just very few posts. Even though some of the posts are long, they are packed with info and are clearly written; they are often an attempt to lay out the broad strokes of what are topics that many people have written entire books about

Here's a thread i found where this guy said somethig i disagreed with: http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23688

As you'll see in the thread I said the following:

''I disagree

INFJ's are doers and have plenty of drive, they are just not always motivated by the same things as others''

I'll try and find that other thread now

I do agree with you. I'm sure you know I appreciate most of your posts, even though God damn, they are long.

Respect that you actually went and found examples lol. I'm not going to dispute the fact that he may have said some inaccurate things about MBTI. I wouldn't call that mud slinging though. Inaccurate claims are not abuse in any way and it's silly to make such a statement, unless for some reason you've attached yourself to your INFJ description so much that any comments that threaten the image you have and the integrity of it are also a threat to you. (@ the second example you gave in the more recent post you made here, I don't think he worded it in an offensive way at all.) Plus, I don't think anyone's going to believe he's some kind of MBTI messiah. This guy is an ESTP and it's interesting seeing things from such a unique point of view.

He makes mistakes about every type and admits it. He doesn't take himself too seriously, which I appreciate. :)

Ok but humanity has deemed it so damaging for one person to say things about another person that aren't true that they have made laws against it ie slander/defamation

INFJ's often get a hard time out there.....trying to tell them not to take it too seriously is a bit dismissive

You can even find stuff online about discrimination around personality traits. For example go on google and type in discrimination against introverts and see what comes up. Its a real thing and if an MBTI forum is not the right place to discuss such things i don't know where is

Last edited:
I do agree with you. I'm sure you know I appreciate most of your posts, even though God damn, they are long.

Respect that you actually went and found examples lol. I'm not going to dispute the fact that he may have said some inaccurate things about MBTI. I wouldn't call that mud slinging though. Inaccurate claims are not abuse in any way and it's silly to make such a statement, unless for some reason you've attached yourself to your INFJ description so much that any comments that threaten the image you have and the integrity of it are also a threat to you. (@ the second example you gave in the more recent post you made here, I don't think he worded it in an offensive way at all.) Plus, I don't think anyone's going to believe he's some kind of MBTI messiah. This guy is an ESTP and it's interesting seeing things from such a unique point of view.

It depends on what you see the role of MBTI as

If you see it as a tool for people to gain greater understanding about themselves and others then if someone keeps going round muddying the waters with false info then its going to corrupt that tool

INFJ's often get a hard time out there.....trying to tell them not to take it too seriously is a bit dismissive

You are suddenly making me feel like I made a joke with an N word in a room full of black people.... lol

It depends on what you see the role of MBTI as

If you see it as a tool for people to gain greater understanding about themselves and others then if someone keeps going round muddying the waters with false info then its going to corrupt that tool

Honey there is soooooooooo much false info and miscontrued versions of the original creators' texts out there.

You are suddenly making me feel like I made a joke with an N word in a room full of black people.... lol

Don't worry most of the INFJ's have been driven off or left dissolusioned

Honey there is soooooooooo much false info and miscontrued versions of the original creators' texts out there.

Well i'm putting out the trash

I got through about a minute of that. It just sounded like a bunch of random nonsense.

Reactions: muir
Yeah, I couldn't get all the way through it the first time, either. I found the ENFJs... WHY? video much faster paced and funnier as well.

Is it weird that I was more captivated by his sniffing every ten seconds than anything he had to say about INFJs? :)

Reactions: grt$5vb
I got through about a minute of that. It just sounded like a bunch of random nonsense.

Nah. It's random sense. Any of those lines would be sensible given a context.

This is random nonsense.

[video=youtube;OpNQeBWw3Fk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpNQeBWw3Fk[/video]

Reactions: barbad0s
The problem is that type doesn't 100% represent anybody, despite the claims many make. I think people usually are comforted at being told who they are-- it's why we have astrology and mbti and any other mode of personality classification. So I personally think its a mistake to take mbti very seriously, or anybody who really talks about it. That's because you have to study it for yourself to determine if it holds any merit in your self evaluation and even then, with a grain of salt. It is entirely worthless in understanding others. It's the lazy way of doing it.

So if this offends you, maybe consider that this person's opinion doesn't matter. They don't know you, and besides, you transcend a theoretical classification, anyway. We are all much much much more complex than mbti could ever truly describe.
At the core, we're ineffable.

Last edited:
The problem is that type doesn't 100% represent anybody, despite the claims many make. I think people usually are comforted at being told who they are-- it's why we have astrology and mbti and any other mode of personality classification. So I personally think its a mistake to take mbti very seriously, or anybody who really talks about it. That's because you have to study it for yourself to determine if it holds any merit in your self evaluation and even then, with a grain of salt. It is entirely worthless in understanding others. It's the lazy way of doing it.

So if this offends you, maybe consider that this person's opinion doesn't matter. They don't know you, and besides, you transcend a theoretical classification, anyway. We are all much much much more complex than mbti could ever truly describe.
At the core, we're ineffable.

No woman is in-F-able to Stu.

Reactions: acd