INFJ's darker side and anger | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

INFJ's darker side and anger

This only happened to me once. After the betrayal, it felt like a psychological white blood cell attacking a covert malignant narcisst invader to protect myself from any future harm. But leading up to it, I was mirroring her behavior whether it was real or fake to try and provocate me, I wanted her to see her reactions from her games or her lack of empathy for herself...it only escalated the situation. I think it was my subconscious protecting me from my conscious mind that was unwilling to accept I was dealing with a high functioning psychopathy.

Until she did her grand finale, premeditated discard, behind my back smear campaign all the while being sweet and smiling in person... that was a major betrayal to our 4 years of friendship and closeness that my INFJ rage emerged in part to tell her that I noticed everything and in another part to protect myself from further and future psychological and emotional abuse.

It's not what I am or like to be as an INFJ, but my depth of subconscious resources emerging to protect me from abuse that I inadvertently fell into slowly over the years until her mask came off permanently that trigger me. I even surprised myself, I felt I needed to purge her assholery from my system. I know INFJ have a hard time leaving toxic relationship but man, did I give it to her.
In all fairness, there's another factor to my INFJ rage. Being an INFJ male, I stand in testimony that yes, INFJ attract narcissist more than any other empath. In western society we are taught two major variables to psychology: IQ levels and an emotion spectrum. However, there's a third variable that's stronger, lightning quick, more explosive than emotions, that's instincts. Carl Jung decoded instincts in mythology, gods and goddesses are the male and female's respected instincts. A male has all the God's in mythology (say, Greek mythology since our language is based mostly on Greek root words) in his psychology with his IQ and emotional spectrum.
Cluster B, most notably dark triad women specialize in emasculating their male targets, so my INFJ masculinity was surgically missle struck by my psychopathic ex girlfriend. Subconscious or instinctual circuits were triggered, and augmented by my INFJ dissection of her character, was a perfect storm when my Aries circuit went on the attack. Aries is about shock and awe, my INFJ is about core issue missle locking on her to put a stake thru her undead heart. Yikes!
That's a 0.05% INFJ Rage if anyone cares for that insight.

In all fairness, there's another factor to my INFJ rage. Being an INFJ male, I stand in testimony that yes, INFJ attract narcissist more than any other empath. In western society we are taught two major variables to psychology: IQ levels and an emotion spectrum. However, there's a third variable that's stronger, lightning quick, more explosive than emotions, that's instincts. Carl Jung decoded instincts in mythology, gods and goddesses are the male and female's respected instincts. A male has all the God's in mythology (say, Greek mythology since our language is based mostly on Greek root words) in his psychology with his IQ and emotional spectrum.
Cluster B, most notably dark triad women specialize in emasculating their male targets, so my INFJ masculinity was surgically missle struck by my psychopathic ex girlfriend. Subconscious or instinctual circuits were triggered, and augmented by my INFJ dissection of her character, was a perfect storm when my Aries circuit went on the attack. Aries is about shock and awe, my INFJ is about core issue missle locking on her to put a stake thru her undead heart. Yikes!
That's a 0.05% INFJ Rage if anyone cares for that insight.
Metaphorically speaking of course... [No creatures was physically harmed in the story].

Reactions: Jexocuha and neko
True...it also depends on which one you feed.
you need to embrace both sides and keep balance. If you only feed the yang and reject the ying. The dark will be lurking around every corner looking to destroy. The darkside can do things the light cant. Sometimes u need to bring darkness so there can be light.

Reactions: Jexocuha
you need to embrace both sides and keep balance. If you only feed the yang and reject the ying. The dark will be lurking around every corner looking to destroy. The darkside can do things the light cant. Sometimes u need to bring darkness so there can be light.
I agree with this concept I find the yin-yang symbol more inline with my moral compass.

And it takes a certain courage to stand up against bullies.

Being Machiavellian knowing the 48 powers is an advantage. There's a fine line between narcissistic pathology and Machiavellian which is evil for the common good. Today's pop culture got it all wrong Makaveli is not about just power and taking, that's a social construct to promote and proliferate narcissism in our culture.

Dark Triads is not the only game in town I think that INFJs are the blue Triads.(see below).

I've done research on personality disorders. It seems the higher I build my character the equally worse NPD is attracted to me. I'm an infj male, a Jedi in empathy, the Jedi schooled in both the light and dark side..a blue triad. Finally came into my own when I was up against a covert apex psychopathic ex-girlfriend:

https://illimitablemen.com/2014/02/17/lucifers-daughter/

She gave me my Blue mantle.

https://alessante.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/dark-triad-not-only-game-in-town/

But as an infj I default on Harmony yet I hate bullies too.

My mother calls me queen bitch of the universe, but my dark side is nothing compared to what other people have done to me, stories I’ve heard about others, and what others have confessed about their own behavior to me.

My mother tied me to my closet doorknobs when I was in my 20s because I protested how she’d been treating me for years. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. I could fill a book with stuff like that.

She told me my biological father, who I was separated from when too young to remember, rigged a shotgun in the basement to blow the face off of whoever was coming in and stealing some equipment, even though he knew it was likely his own son. Again, tip of the iceberg.

I was in a relationship with someone who confessed to me that she killed 3 men. One she bludgeoned, one she shot in the head, and the last she killed by stomping on his skull. These were done in what she called self-defense. Law enforcement was supposedly not involved in the first two.

I was anally raped (while saying no) until I had diarrhea by someone who then asked if he could watch me take a shit. When I got back, he popped a zit on his face and ate the pus while I watched him check his phone. He then took me to a restaurant where he bought me an expensive hamburger. He called me a few days later, accused me of giving him herpes (which I don’t have), and told me, “You’re a piece of shit and you know it.”

A guy who was blocking an intersection because of a passing train ahead took out his road rage on me by honking at me for no reason while I was crossing right in front of his car. I had the light. I flipped him off because he scared the shit out of me, and he went out of his way to follow me just so he could harass me while his passenger filmed it. I verbally fought back and he threw his drink on me, threatened to break my glasses and steal my phone, and intentionally tried to hit me with his SUV as I was crossing another street.

A more recent ordeal I went through was losing about 15 pounds because my parents, who I rely on for food, repeatedly forced me into starvation by letting my food run out and refusing to buy more. They then had me put in a mental hospital, where the staff took my weight loss as a sign of mental illness and used it against me in court as a reason to drug me against my will for a couple weeks.

When I get angry, I have a very good reason to do so (I get treated like shit by the physical world), but since my worldliness/physicality/execution is so weak (inferior Se), it’s impossible for me to make a real victim of anyone, no matter how hard I try. I’m always surrounded by people who are vastly more physically powerful than me, so my “dark side” is a joke to them, and a chance for them to victimize me even more by falsely painting me as the bad guy. I yell so loudly at people it muffles my own hearing, and it accomplishes little compared to the results I’ve seen other people get with less effort. It’s like an ant yelling at a giant exterminator. I don’t have any people power, so I can’t get anybody to gang up on my enemies. Cops always side with the abuser, even if I show them bruises that person has given me. I have to wait for spiritual revenge to happen, like recently my dad was in a freak car accident and developed a serious health problem that he’ll have for the rest of his life.

INFJ = spiritual bully (dominant Ni), physical victim (inferior Se)

The only way to stop being a victim (and having to get angry) is to shut out as much Se as possible, and limit it to necessity only. I’m in a process where I’m learning to rely on spirits (Ni) instead of people (Se), because people are too dangerous for me, but the most dangerous spirits are innocuous.

This world is hell yet so many of the "normal" people will never understand the suffering other people go through such as yourself who suffers greatly. I hope that you get a chance in life to escape and have a better life.

This world is hell yet so many of the "normal" people will never understand the suffering other people go through such as yourself who suffers greatly. I hope that you get a chance in life to escape and have a better life.

Thanks but I deleted it because the spiritual stuff I have going on right now makes human attention physically painful. This is purposefully so that I rely on spirits instead of humans. I don’t want any more replies from anyone.

I’ve been posting online out of boredom but I have to stop now.

I have to say. I have a lot of anger and rage inside just waiting to explode. It just kept increasing over the years. Certainly unhealthy. And I’m afraid one day I’ll snap or the bottle cap will burst and I’ll turn and do something not so very good.

I need better stress relievers.

I have to say. I have a lot of anger and rage inside just waiting to explode. It just kept increasing over the years. Certainly unhealthy. And I’m afraid one day I’ll snap or the bottle cap will burst and I’ll turn and do something not so very good.

I need better stress relievers.

Start letting it out today. Like a long stinky fart.

I tend to assume people will be, on the whole, okay. So I tend to let pass "normal" rights and wrongs. Sometimes, though, I let my guard down and allow a person in and develop some sense of trust in her or him. Normally, this works out fine. But when a person betrays that trust - and does so with a clear intent to harm me psychologically - I, at first, experience deep depressive symptoms and vegetate for some time. Then, well, I start to shift to my alternate personality type (INTJ) and begin to arrange a wholesale demolition of that person by any legal means available. I will root through endless laws and policies and procedures with total calculation (and great writing skills to convince) and, if my nemesis should fall on desperate times as a result, I will feel nothing - no joy, no pain. True, it usually ends up as Confucius wrote: before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. But I need the temporary feeling that balance has been restored.
I am not proud of this particularly reptilian aspect of myself but I seldom express it. Again, most folks are okay. Only those who go out of their way to hurt me get this treatment and they usually deserve it since I'm usually not their first victim (I find out later). When I hurt a decent person, I generally am horrified by my behavior and understand and expect whatever she or he dishes out to me as payback. This is my weird compact with the cosmos.

I tend to assume people will be, on the whole, okay. So I tend to let pass "normal" rights and wrongs. Sometimes, though, I let my guard down and allow a person in and develop some sense of trust in her or him. Normally, this works out fine. But when a person betrays that trust - and does so with a clear intent to harm me psychologically - I, at first, experience deep depressive symptoms and vegetate for some time. Then, well, I start to shift to my alternate personality type (INTJ) and begin to arrange a wholesale demolition of that person by any legal means available. I will root through endless laws and policies and procedures with total calculation (and great writing skills to convince) and, if my nemesis should fall on desperate times as a result, I will feel nothing - no joy, no pain. True, it usually ends up as Confucius wrote: before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. But I need the temporary feeling that balance has been restored.
I am not proud of this particularly reptilian aspect of myself but I seldom express it. Again, most folks are okay. Only those who go out of their way to hurt me get this treatment and they usually deserve it since I'm usually not their first victim (I find out later). When I hurt a decent person, I generally am horrified by my behavior and understand and expect whatever she or he dishes out to me as payback. This is my weird compact with the cosmos.
Wonderfully honest, vulnerable, and interesting thoughts. I enjoyed reading them — glad you shared. Im pretty new around here too, but welcome to the forum, Auggie!

Last edited:
Old thread, I know, but I've just barely wet my feet in Jungian Shadow Work. It's very likely OP could have been self-aggrandizing a little, but I don't blame them. I've resonated with what's said here. I know I am capable of terrible things. Very terrible indeed. But thankfully, my life is what I make of it.

My favorite quote from Jung: “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious"

Another, something related to the I-ching that I've kept in mind since is a hexagram which stated in one of the changing lines: "You can be a leader to your people or bring them to ruin", something along those lines. That keeps my mind aware of my influence on others since I inadvertently have a social obligation to act as a role model to my friends and those who meet me despite never seeking that out. But it is what it is. After all, if not me, then who?