INFJs appear? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs appear?

Back in high school, people would tell me that they thought I was stuck-up until they talked to me and realized I'm actually pretty friendly (or was..).

It feels like the opposite these days. I don't have too much of a problem talking to people, and most everyone tells me I appear outgoing and friendly. I find that I don't like most people I talk to, though. I even went out of my way to flirt with a girl a few weeks ago, and one of my coworkers told me I should've taken her upstairs (where it's empty...). I told him I was flirting with her just because she's dumb and dumb girls are easy to flirt with.

I can be an asshole.

Lol. I get that a lot. And it annoys the hell out of me.

I've been told that I look angry, worried, bored, or lost in thought, when in reality I'm not. I know that I don't look very 'approachable' either. A friend once told me that when we first met, he got the impression that I really didn't like him. That wasn't the case at all, I'm just guarded in social situations, which gives off the wrong vibe..
At least you haven't been told you look like a waif or a lost street urchin =.=

the fashion currency of the waif look goes on and on. and the archetypal street urchin has little to do with actual homelessness but is just really cute. so i wouldn't take it too hard.

my face is usually blank, not much emotion at all. though i do find myself the owner of a smirk and a outrageous laugh when some one tells a good enough joke

Quite awkward and shy, yes. But to be honest, people misinterpret and misunderstand my body language so much that I've given up caring whether I give a particular impression or not.

I think I scare people when I don't talk. Because I don't talk, people immediately assume I'm angry or annoyed or that I'm gonna explode. My new house mate talks CONSTANTLY. If I go quiet he'll pester me to talk. To new people, they think something's wrong, I hear "Are you alright? You're really quiet," all the time.

Yes, as an INFJ I am very socially awkward, shy, avoidant, withdrawn etc.. I do like to help people and try to be kind but people take advantage of this. Other times I'm just seem as awkward. People just think I'm weird and smart...which isolates me from the world which I think has contributed to my shyness. I appear to be cold on the outside..perhaps why I don't have any friends at the moment. I also tend to be focused in my imagination, my feelings etc.. Despite the fact that I find a lot of people to be annoying, do not have the best social skills and needs so much time to recharge, I deeply care for people though. I want to love, be loved, help society, find someone who truly cares for me, who is loyal to me as I am to that person. I seek for a long stable relationship basically. So I think most INFJ's are not people haters, but we are picky, hard to get to know, and need time by ourselves.

Yes, I am just like you! I look angry, intimidating, and hateful. When inside I am feeling so awkward that I just want to run away. I want to be included, but I cant find a common ground to enter the conversation on. So I stand there awkwardly waiting for some one to notice me. After a few minutes of opening up to the group I to become like an energetic extrovert, all the while moderating my thoughts and words as not to say something awkward...And all the while no one is aware that I am really super sensitive, caring and mild.
I think its our defense mechanism...really

Wow, read minds much? Same here. Can relate to almost every word.

Last edited:
I think everyone hates me.

My house mates.

The people on my course.

My romantic interests.

No one wants to be around me or talk to me. It's funny, because I genuinely want to love these people as much as possible.

I think this is so funny.
The other day, my roommate asked me, "What's with the pouty face?" And I replied, "What pouty face?" I was just...thinking.
Also, my best friend always says things and then looks at me for a reaction. Half of the time, she gets an enthusiastic emotional response. The other half, deadpan. And then we have to have a conversation about how I'm not mad, or upset with her, it's just my face. Heh.