INFJ's and Sleep. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJ's and Sleep.

I won't say I suffer from anything because of my lack of being able to fall asleep. It's just that I do all my best thinking either, alone on a walk, in the shower, or just as I'm about to fall asleep. Which unfortunatley I don't get to do these things that often especially now in the winter.

bleh.

now everytime I try to sleep I take forever to sleep and when I wake up I feel like I have not slept and then all through the day I feel like sleeping but again at night I cant sleep-.-

I heard that because of our Ni we often feel restless, like we always have to be doing something and that it causes difficulty sleeping. I have experienced this, as it takes me hours for me to finally fall asleep, then when we finally do fall asleep it tends to be long and later involves vivid colorful dreams. Is this that case for anybody here? Do you fall asleep with ease? Are you always thinking and often feel restless? How do you deal with it? Are your dreams vivid and colorful? can you remember them? I'm asking all of this to see if there's some correlation, and I want to know if this description applies to other INFJ's

Awesome question. Takes me on average about fifteen minutes to fall to sleep. I always have vivid dreams. Never really thought about colour but yeah they are in colour. I think too much. I find simply doing something that requires focus like reading, art, or anything like that, helps me to relax. When I was a teenager I used to be able have lucid dreams a lot and I used to actually try to make them happen...sometimes it worked. I love dreaming.

Last edited:
I too take a long time to fall asleep. My best trick that works most often is to watch a movie: not something I've never seen, because it keeps my interest. A movie that I know and love because then my mind listens to the dialogue, but doesn't have to pay close attention so I can sort of stop the rampage of thoughts and just fall asleep. It doesn't always work. I don't actually like going to bed/sleep, but I do love to sleep in. I'm a major night owl. Actually though, sometimes I feel trapped when I am sleeping in. Like I want to get up but I just can't, I must keep sleeping/dozing.

As mentioned earlier, I also need noise to sleep, like a fan or a humidifier. And yes, I dream vivid, colorful dreams, and I can usually remember them for a little while, but I forget if I don't write them down or tell someone about them. I don't always dream though, and I sort of don't like to, because sometimes my subconscious brings up things that have happened or are bugging me that I don't want to think about or things that might happen in the future that I also don't want to think about.

I hadn't attributed these things entirely to Ni, I'm very interested and very glad that you posted this question!

I heard that because of our Ni we often feel restless, like we always have to be doing something and that it causes difficulty sleeping. I have experienced this, as it takes me hours for me to finally fall asleep, then when we finally do fall asleep it tends to be long and later involves vivid colorful dreams. Is this that case for anybody here? Do you fall asleep with ease? Are you always thinking and often feel restless? How do you deal with it? Are your dreams vivid and colorful? can you remember them? I'm asking all of this to see if there's some correlation, and I want to know if this description applies to other INFJ's
I sleep horribly! I too take forever to fall asleep. It affects me in all sorts of ways, depression, anxiety anger... I have had sleep studies done. I wake up constantly, even tho I don't remember it. Never really get that deep sleep - once in 6 hours. I dream vivdly, and can usually remember them - full color, sound, smell. I'm going in for surgery in February, if I don't chicken out. Hopefully it will help. They try to tell me it is my breathing. we'll see. I post the horribly bruised pics if I go thru with it. I just hope I can sleep once it is all over with.

Last edited:
this definitely applies to me today :m050: (can't find a tired monkey. why do they all have so much energy?)