INFJs and Facebook | INFJ Forum

INFJs and Facebook

bagelbeautyxo

Jul 29, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't know if I'm super sensitive or what, but I find that I feel more "free" when I don't have a Facebook account. It makes me feel incredibly anxious when others have a means of contacting me. I also feel hurt if I comment on someone's picture and don't get a "thank you" as a response. Do any other INFJs feel the same way?

Well I also do not have a Facebook account, but honestly since I never had one I do not know how should I feel about it.

Is there any reason in particular why you have never had a Facebook? Do people have other means of contacting you?

I have an account but most of the time its deactivated or I'm not checking it. I feel the same way, more free. I hate facebook.

Just yesterday a friend was making a trollish comment about the photos of a female. I had just logged on the first time in a long time. I scolded him so much he deactivated his account. He was a marine, which to me isn't the behavior of a man but a little bitch.

Kudos to you!!! =D
I feel like the internet makes some people more ballsy in the sense that they will bully another person when they probably wouldn't do so in real life. It's bad enough to witness someone being bullied, but I once had a complete stranger saying mean things about me via Facebook... Criticism hurts me deeply because I make it a point to be nice and considerate towards others and I can't understand how someone can justify being mean to me.

I have a FB account.
I found people I haven't talked to in years. I mean 10 or 20. People I never thought I would hear about, know what happened to, etc.

I tend to look back and I think I glamorize the past a bit. The friends I had and the circle of people. I always look back and wonder what happened to some of them etc. now I have FB.

So I connect with all these people I lost touch with and in a short time remember why I didn't stay I'm touch the first time.
Ex girlfriends that look bad. Kinda like did I really do that.

So now I have a couple hundred people, and really don know any of them. It's a good way for my mother in law to constantly get in the way.
I thought it was a good thing when it started. Now I wish I could get back the mystery. It was more fn thinking back and making up stories about how people turned out. Miserably disappointing to see so many turn into nothing.

Death to FaceBook.
FaceBook is dead.

Kudos to you!!! =D
I feel like the internet makes some people more ballsy in the sense that they will bully another person when they probably wouldn't do so in real life. It's bad enough to witness someone being bullied, but I once had a complete stranger saying mean things about me via Facebook... Criticism hurts me deeply because I make it a point to be nice and considerate towards others and I can't understand how someone can justify being mean to me.

I've been around the block enough, and I know people well. Its not a good sign about someone when they act like that online.

I actually like it. It's a good way of staying connected with people after parting ways, and it lets you watch all of Steven Colbert's highlights without having to tune in late at night.

Well, I did like it because it was a way for me to communicate with a lot of people, but at the same time, there are people that would want to talk to me or ask me to hang out with them, when I truthfully didn't really like/care for them. I am so afraid of rejection that I can't reject someone else. Do any of you find yourself being nice to people all the time???

Value your privacy and personal information more than that little number of friends. Keep track of your friends lists. Don't add people you don't want to know your address or names, don't add people you don't like. I don't know how old you are bagel, and I know rejection SUCKS but its a part of life so just deal with it and get it over with. It will get easier. Your fear of rejection is causing you to be nice to everyone and associate with people you wouldn't otherwise associate with...I'm not sure that's a good long term plan?

all these absolute necessities we didn't know that we needed. no facebook account.

No, I don't have one. I don't want all my details up for the world to see.

I just ring people instead, and send birthday cards and write emails and letters occasionally too. Call me old fashioned, but I just don't need Facebook. Besides, it would probably give me an inferiority complex.

I actually like it. It's a good way of staying connected with people after parting ways, and it lets you watch all of Steven Colbert's highlights without having to tune in late at night.

I like it for this reason as well. It's a helpful way to keep in touch with people with whom I wouldn't otherwise maintain contact, and a good way to share/receive information (Ex. "Check out XYZ, they're new in town!"). It's also conducive to having a social life in my circle of acquainces.

I've gone through phases when I deactivated my fb account because I felt apprehensive and emotionally uncomfortable having one. Now I'm okay with it but I am selective about what I share. I post what I feel comfortable sharing. I have lists of friends, and sometimes post only to certain lists. I don't violate my own privacy. In other words, I'm familiar with the privacy features and I use common sense/intuition/reason when I post. I try to put myself first if I feel the need to reject a friend request, and I don't believe in guilting myself over unfriending people or limiting my posts to a particular audience.

If one feels comfortable using facebook (and there is no reason anyone has to), it's pretty easy to make the most of it, to use the perks and leave the rest behind. But there are certainly other ways of getting along in the world, as well.