Flavus Aquila

Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
(Inspired by the popular TV show) - Some myths need veryfiying (myths about type, relationships, science, history etc.)

Format: prefix your posts with the title MYTH, or either BUSTED or VERIFIED in the case of the latter two, you might want to quote the original myth you are busting or veryfying to help readers.

here goes...

MYTH: Reflexology actually works. - I want to know, because I sometimes get headaches and most pain killers make me want to puke.

(Inspired by the popular TV show) - Some myths need veryfiying (myths about type, relationships, science, history etc.)

Format: prefix your posts with the title MYTH, or either BUSTED or VERIFIED in the case of the latter two, you might want to quote the original myth you are busting or veryfying to help readers.

here goes...

MYTH: Reflexology actually works. - I want to know, because I sometimes get headaches and most pain killers make me want to puke.

Great subject but could you suggest other examples?

MYTH: INFJ's have a mistakenly "quer" voice.

Not trying to be a jerk. Just an observation I noticed and misinterpreted at times.

Not trying to be a jerk. Just an observation I noticed and misinterpreted at times.

"quer" or queer"?

To my personal surprise, I didn't find it listed under the topics characterized as pseudo-scientific.

Warrants more investigation.

However, many reflexologists claim that it works because it fixes one's "Qi" energy, and that is certainly listed as pseudo-scientific. However, this doesn't invalidate reflexology itself nor does it prove it works or doesn't work.

Last edited:

Serious studies (search on Google Scholar, I might be able to help anyone out if they need access to certain articles) suggest that reflexology relies on behavioural conditioning, similar to many other 'alternative' techniques. That is to say, it relies on the placebo effect and has shown to have positive benefits in reducing anxiety or depression, but not so much in terms of pain. But taking painkillers for a headache can be akin to using a sledgehammer on a pin, a more specific diagnosis could lead to a more specific treatment.

Last edited:
MYTH: ENTPs are Pure Awesome.

Busted: ENTPs are not pure awesome, as they have to make room for such things as funny, intelligent, charismatic and damned good in bed (my girlfriend might be reading this later >.>)

Oh, and they're loons too.

Those are all things that make up PURE AWESOME.

Therefore, Confirmed.

queer. They talk softly. It feels kind of weird coming from men.
Maybe I'm just insecure or way to baised toward culture. Yep.

Male INFJs do talk softly. I can hardly hear what my dad is saying half of the time. I always go "What?" about three times.

And HE is the one who went to all of the concerts, he shouldn't even be able to hear himself from that ear damage.

When you speak, vibrations run up your jawbone into your ear. You can always hear your own voice.

Even if you are deaf?

glad we clarified that.

Verified-ish
It seems to work. I tried massaging my toe (head) when I had a headache and it felt really weird, then the pain kind of went away. Also working for my mum.

Verified-ish
It seems to work. I tried massaging my toe (head) when I had a headache and it felt really weird, then the pain kind of went away. Also working for my mum.

That's too subjective/anecdotal to be verification. :/

Confirmed. Sort of. The tone of my voice will change depending on the situation, including into a softer, slightly effeminate tone. I'm not proud of that but its the truth.

Last edited:
MYTH: INFJ's have a mistakenly "queer" voice.

BUSTED
I'm as INFJ and as gay as they come, and I have a "normal" voice of masculine pitch, volume and articulation.