INFJ Defenses | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

INFJ Defenses

I shut-up for three reasons.

1. The other person is out of control and not going to listen.
2. Because as mentioned I will strike to the core with my words, and I don't want hurt the person just because I'm angry.
3. Physical self-defense when I sense I might be hit or beaten by the person who is out of control. Sort of the "live to fight another day" response.

Sounds like most INFJ do this, for whatever their reasons.

I create things to put me in good moods through the porcess of emotional association conditioning. I have a list of songs that I listened to for hours and hours while in a certain area of thinking about something specific to condition myself to associate what emotions and ways of thinking I had at the moment to that song.

I also do this with toys, a lot of them I bring with me out in public and my friends don't seem to notice me playing with them. But I start playing with these toys when I need to escape, my friends aren't aware but I'm not all there when I'm doing this. I go to the world I created in my head where I'm safe from the outside.

I tend to go to the bathroom when I don't need to a lot, just so I can dip out and not make it obvious that I'm isolating myself from others.

i isolate myself.
i hide myself.
and all that only fuels my depression episode further >< .
it's really unhealthy, i realize, so i'm trying really hard to stop withdrawing into myself all the time.

i isolate myself.
i hide myself.
and all that only fuels my depression episode further >< .
it's really unhealthy, i realize, so i'm trying really hard to stop withdrawing into myself all the time.

I do the same thing. However, I find forcing myself outside, doing something active, or starting some kind of fun project, really helps my mood out alot, and eventually gets me back into a good mood. It sort of is a form of distraction, but this lets you work out any issues you have slowly on a subconscience level, and also gives your mind and emotions a breather, so when you come back to it later, you get more clarity :)

I think it can be healthy in that it helps you gain some distance and perspective. But anything not in moderation can be unhealthy. Heck, not distancing yourself (in our case, withdrawing) can be unhealthy! We genuinely need time and space to think and breathe before getting into conflict.