INFJ and Spirituality | INFJ Forum

INFJ and Spirituality

Le Fant

Apr 4, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
To be an INFJ do you have to have a spiritual element. Since only joining about 20 minutes ago, I've heard a lot about people talking about how other types ruined spirituality for them and that the typical INFJ is naturally spiritual. I for one am not religious, nor superstitious, although I am quite sentimental. I've never felt any need for religion or spirituality, in fact the idea repels me. Does this mean I'm not quite INFJ?

Nah, They're just brainwashed ;)

I would say the latter. But I'm just cynical of organized religion so my views on things are most likely completely biased and one way slanted. Sure, there's nothing wrong with being spiritual/ religious, if you [generic] are, good for you. But I'm not =D

I think the reason INFJ's have this spiritual complex is because they are 'deep thinkers' and eventually every 'deep thinker' comes to the point where they wonder the meaning of life, and as that comes about they adopt a religion or form of spirituality. I think the INFJ religious factor is interesting in the fact that they will join so many churches, try out so many different things, all in order to discover this answer. And I'm sure most of them have. I, for one, am satisfied not knowing.

Last edited:
I would say the latter. But I'm just cynical of organized religion so my views on things are most likely completely biased and one way slanted. Sure, there's nothing wrong with being spiritual/ religious, if you [generic] are, good for you. But I'm not =D

I think the reason INFJ's have this spiritual complex is because they are 'deep thinkers' and eventually every 'deep thinker' comes to the point where they wonder the meaning of life, and as that comes about they adopt a religion or form of spirituality. I think the INFJ religious factor is interesting in the fact that they will join so many churches, try out so many different things, all in order to discover this answer. And I'm sure most of them have. I, for one, am satisfied not knowing.

I'm quite like you, with a biased/negative view on religion.

Although, I for one am not satisfied not knowing, but I'm also not satisfied with assumptions either. Assumptions being religion. I need solid evidence, which seems a little bit un-INFJish.

Funny. I was atheist for a while when I lived in my INFJness denial bubble, but that's excatly how I would describe myself, as spiritual, as opposed to religious. I don't follow any religion but to me being spiritual means believing into something, whatever the form it may have, for religions it's god, but it can be reason, a mover, a motive - just something, I'd like to think a reason. What's the reason there is anything? If there wasn't a reason, wouldn't there be nothing, no existence, no development, no movement. But as I think all religions have got that idea but as I don't necessarily relate to their view altogether I wouldn't call myself religious but spiritual.

I get in touch with the spiritual side in myself when I'm for example in the nature - a certain oneness and peace, the most natural state there is.

When I was younger I would always get frustrated by religion. What bothered me at the time was that I couldn't understand why people would follow a truth based on what others told them, I needed physical proof of the existance of something. On top of that, I couldn't see the point and or its relivence to our lives. Then it became more apparent to me that religion was a method of control.

A few years ago it hit me. Although I felt that way about religion, there were some teachings within some faiths which I could resonate with. I had a mind blowing experience which led me on this path of discovery, I became interested in quantum physics and started practicing yoga which opened my eyes to spirituality. I can't explain it, I think spirituality is a personal thing, based on your own understanding and feelings but I've never been so happy =) Inner peace is a beautiful thing.

Funny. I was atheist for a while when I lived in my INFJness denial bubble, but that's excatly how I would describe myself, as spiritual, as opposed to religious. I don't follow any religion but to me being spiritual means believing into something, whatever the form it may have, for religions it's god, but it can be reason, a mover, a motive - just something, I'd like to think a reason. What's the reason there is anything? If there wasn't a reason, wouldn't there be nothing, no existence, no development, no movement. But as I think all religions have got that idea but as I don't necessarily relate to their view altogether I wouldn't call myself religious but spiritual.

I get in touch with the spiritual side in myself when I'm for example in the nature - a certain oneness and peace, the most natural state there is.

Sometimes I do think that there must be some point to it all. But then I remind myself to be logical, and then I come to the same conclusion I always do, that the point is life and I mean life in a scientific way- evolution, we reproduce and evolve, become better beings, better life forms, is to simply exist. It's hard to explain, but I'll try my best. . .

Okay, look at an ant. It's small. Insignificant to you and me. But why do we have any greater meaning than it, after all we're the same, we're animals to, just more advanced ones. So then why should our lives have any greater significance? They live, reproduce and die. So do we.

For all we know there could some other life form on some distant planet in some distant galaxy that are much more advanced than us- we're like ants to them.

We die for a reason- to make way for new beings, so that we can evolve. So then why should there be anything else? Anything deeper?

You might not understand any of that. I hardly understand what I'm trying to say.

When I was younger I would always get frustrated by religion. What bothered me at the time was that I couldn't understand why people would follow a truth based on what others told them, I needed physical proof of the existance of something. On top of that, I couldn't see the point and or its relivence to our lives. Then it became more apparent to me that religion was a method of control.

A few years ago it hit me. Although I felt that way about religion, there were some teachings within some faiths which I could resonate with. I had a mind blowing experience which led me on this path of discovery, I became interested in quantum physics and started practicing yoga which opened my eyes to spirituality. I can't explain it, I think spirituality is a personal thing, based on your own understanding and feelings but I've never been so happy =) Inner peace is a beautiful thing.

Your younger self sounds a lot like the way I think. Maybe one day it'll just hit me to . . .

I absolutely love anything to do with my religion and spirituality.

[quote=Le Fant

I hope so too. There are many who say we are living in an extreemly important time in the spiritual evolution of our species. Apparently many resorces, religions, civilisations point to this era as a new wave in understanding. If this is true, I guess we will all know about it in the next few years or we won't. Have you heard of the 2012 Mayan prophecies?

Mayan prophecies? Never heard it, do tell . . .

[quote=Le Fant

Thread link here that talks about the 2012 mayan prophecies.

For as long as I've lived, granted not very long, I've heard loads of these end of the world things, be afraid, be very afraid things- and it's never happened.

so why should this one be any different?

[quote=Le Fant

I say this in that thread, but from what I believe, it will happen, but no where near up to the negitive caliber that everyone credits it with. Astrologically, a change and upheveal is going to happen sometime between now and then and thereafter. But the energietics of the planet are being raised everyday as we speak (everyone is feeling it, some more then others), which is setting the changes to be much less dire.

Again, this is just what I beleive.

That's very interesting. I suppose you have to believe that astrology affects us before believing the prophecy. Could you explain what the einergietics of the planet are?

I'm asking an awful lot of questions today . . . sorry 'bout that.

Not the end of the world!! We didn't spend billions of years mutating to get to a point in the clockwork to stop. It's a continuous cycle.

8-cell-simple.gif

Think about the last 200 years and how we have progressed, think of that as a racing car building up speed, at some point it needs to change up a gear. It's still the same car on the same track but moving at a different rate.

I don't know much about astrology but I do know a bit about the fibonacci code and the golden ratio and how it relates to the macro/microcosm.

So the Mayans developed a calendar, infact they had 2 calendars which together calculated movements of many stars in our universe on a mass scale. Then at some point the western world was forced to take onboard the gregorian calendar, in the scheme of things thats not a very big cycle.

Every now and then apparently the poles of the Earth swap, apparently due to in 2012.
Check this talk out, I've picked a clip which is a quick look at it but set some time to watch the whole thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuHrqObcovk

Last edited:
Not the end of the world!! We didn't spend billions of years mutating to get to a point in the clockwork to stop. It's a continuous cycle.

8-cell-simple.gif

Think about the last 200 years and how we have progressed, think of that as a racing car building up speed, at some point it needs to change up a gear. It's still the same car on the same track but moving at a different rate.

I don't know much about astrology but I do know a bit about the fibonacci code and the golden ratio and how it relates to the macro/microcosm.

So the Mayans developed a calendar, infact they had 2 calendars which together calculated movements of many stars in our universe on a mass scale. Then at some point the western world was forced to take onboard the gregorian calendar, in the scheme of things thats not a very big cycle.

Every now and then apparently the poles of the Earth swap, apparently due to in 2012.
Check this talk out, I've picked a clip which is a quick look at it but set some time to watch the whole thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuHrqObcovk

That was very interesting, I didn't get it at first but I watched it a few times and really concentrated on what he was saying (the mullet was a wee bit distracting), but I think I got it.

Not sure if I buy it though, he keeps referring to the fact that it was recorded in religious texts; and I'm always a little bit skeptical about sacred texts- I don't think they should be regarded as fact.

Although, it's kind of believable, and I'm more open to the concept than I though I would be. It's very interesting.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, roll on 2012.

Maybe there is no deep purpose/reason to discover. Just deep beauty, below the surface of things.

That's what religion/spirituality does for me.

[quote=Le Fant