INFJ and Spirituality | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJ and Spirituality

How do you know? Are you happy/content?

I come from the opposite end in some ways. I was raised a Catholic, my parents always answered my questions as best as they could - but more than just doctrine/dogma, they taught me to pray (not saying prayers, but more passive prayer - I guess you would call it meditation/contemplation). I also loved hearing about the lives of some saints.

When I was young, before high school, I stopped practicing my faith. My parents were concerned, but didn't advise me to do anything one way or the other. Eventually, as a teenager, without my parents knowing about it I started going to Church (the building, not Masses at first) on my own.

What I struggle with is that some people who practice religion are manipulative or like brainwashing, or whatever you want to call it. It's these kind of people who really ruin religion/spirituality for me BIG TIME.

It isn't just religious types who put manipulative pressure on me, it's people who don't like religion, or who don't like the Catholic religion, who really put manipulative pressure on me DOUBLE BIG TIME.

I think people will try to brain wash you no matter what you do/believe. I would describe myself as spiritual and religious (and happily so), but struggling against manipulation from unspiritual people who practice religion and from unreligious people as well.

Thanks for that, quite reassuring. . .

I happy, whilst being neither religious nor spiritual.

Although, being spiritual and having this inner peace that so many of you have talked about, does sound lovely; I don't crave it, I don't think I'm the type of person who needs it, nor wants it.

surely my INFJ typology is questionable then?

I could be called an Atheist or a Pantheist, or both depending on one's definitions. But that doesn't mean I'm not "spiritual". I simply reject the implicit dualism assumed by most people in the Western world that views the physical world as "mere matter" with all the prejudices against a materialist metaphysics that implies.

This quote I ran into, said by who I can't remember, sums it up for me:

"All of us are linked to the cosmos. So nature is my god. To me, nature is sacred. Trees are my temples and forests are my cathedrals."

This quote I ran into, said by who I can't remember, sums it up for me:

"All of us are linked to the cosmos. So nature is my god. To me, nature is sacred. Trees are my temples and forests are my cathedrals."

that's beautiful and reflects how i feel toward nature. it is always present brings me lasting peace regardless of the countless distractions in my outer life or the varying emotions within me. it is so humble in its beauty and powerfully so.

Not the end of the world!! We didn't spend billions of years mutating to get to a point in the clockwork to stop. It's a continuous cycle.

8-cell-simple.gif

Think about the last 200 years and how we have progressed, think of that as a racing car building up speed, at some point it needs to change up a gear. It's still the same car on the same track but moving at a different rate.

I don't know much about astrology but I do know a bit about the fibonacci code and the golden ratio and how it relates to the macro/microcosm.

So the Mayans developed a calendar, infact they had 2 calendars which together calculated movements of many stars in our universe on a mass scale. Then at some point the western world was forced to take onboard the gregorian calendar, in the scheme of things thats not a very big cycle.

Every now and then apparently the poles of the Earth swap, apparently due to in 2012.
Check this talk out, I've picked a clip which is a quick look at it but set some time to watch the whole thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuHrqObcovk
I don't understand the '13 seconds per second' thing. Isnt a second just an arbitrary frame of time defined by human beings, much like an inch is an arbitrary frame of space? The only way to define things then is in relation to absolute, measurable ratios like e=mc^2 which defines how these elements relate to each other.

Secondly, if the earth is slowing down. Wouldnt the change of days be measurable by methods such as using quartz and atomic clocks? I understand there are some variations in the spin, but they are fractions of a second. I don't have any evidence to say that the earth COULDNT completely stop, I just dont understand why it would stop.

Last edited:
I would say the latter. But I'm just cynical of organized religion so my views on things are most likely completely biased and one way slanted. Sure, there's nothing wrong with being spiritual/ religious, if you [generic] are, good for you. But I'm not =D

I think the reason INFJ's have this spiritual complex is because they are 'deep thinkers' and eventually every 'deep thinker' comes to the point where they wonder the meaning of life, and as that comes about they adopt a religion or form of spirituality. I think the INFJ religious factor is interesting in the fact that they will join so many churches, try out so many different things, all in order to discover this answer. And I'm sure most of them have. I, for one, am satisfied not knowing.

I think you are more spiritual than you think.

Spirituality can simply be the way you feel with nature. Laying in the grass on a nice day, having your pet curl up on your lap, seeing rays of sunshine come through the clouds, smelling a freshly ploughed field.

If you can take several minutes a few times each week to just free your mind of everything and be with nature you will eventually start to sense something all around you that you can't quite identify. These little breaks are good for you mentally and physically as well. Religion has it's merit but it never made sense to me.

oh hi welcome!!!

no..i don't think so

but i am very spiritual because i always ask support and guidance from God.. and i believe in Him.. i wish i could be more devoted to my religion.

i'm really sentimental... like when we have to reflect about our experiences with God and stuff.. i usually appear teary-eyed and sometimes, i cry

spirituality and my religion has a deep impact on me.. it touches my heart :m107: