Infj and mental disorder | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Infj and mental disorder

You are projecting. INTP rage is an actual thing. Or socially inapropriate outbursts to be specific.
Also, they can be fond of things like ballet without necessarily being gay, because they are "psychotic".

Title of song = leisure active.

Sorry for foreign language, but my favourite INTP stereotypical example.
Also oddly popular quite often for always being interesting something and personally indifferent.

Screw it! He has a song I like a lot and worth translating, which as psychologically type is a bit melancholic and vulnerable INTP:

Nothing catching attaches for longer
Or feeling like an actual feeling
And it has started pooring down
So I hope you have space
I hope your have space for me, again
If just a mattrass that can lie among the trash for me
I hope I can have a pass for your palace
I can calm down and walk there as if walking on glass
I hope there is space for me a place in your heart that you inherited by your mom and me.

I hope there is space, I hope you have space.
I come all alone and not with a free pass
You can say I need to grip myself and put me in my place
if you can find a window for me
Catch me when I fall or lose myself and the last spark or flame
I shall let you finish crying for a life on my expense
If you can find a window for me.

So first two blocks of text roughly.

Or maybe INFP? male/female at the other end can be hard to tell.
Some details of this text however, not entirely sure, he's 24 years old in august, so certain phrases....
Maybe be a bit "reverse".

Eh, you don’t know why I’d say that

Reactions: Ifur
Eh, you don’t know why I’d say that
Don't need to, you don't master it as well as I do.
Primary Ni types don't really have the problems that you describe.
In addition, you list your type as INTP, which I think could be right.
The context and tranference of these things are not your forte.
Considering tasting and nuancing the things I say and if there could be something there to agree with.

A bit of an intuitive strech, but Aldous is saying that if the barrel gets wet, there could be playful kids.

No, I don't.

I think people with mental disorders gravitate toward the INFJ type and are mistyped because having a mental illness makes one feel alone, misunderstood, and alienated, which are some of the traits paired with the INFJ type (despite the fact that all human beings sometimes feel this way).

INFJs are purportedly one of the types most likely to seek therapy, which leads to mental wellness.

It's possible that different types are prone to different, specific mental illnesses. – I have no official data to back this, but there are fun charts online, such as this one:

https://imgur.com/a/02Nke

Also, immature and under-developed people of any type are prone to unhealthy behaviors, so if you gather a bunch of unstable and/or immature people of a certain type (any type) it will skew the evidence that the specific type has problems.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about the subject.

I think a lot of people mistype themselves because of this and correlate being mentally unwell to being INFJ when it's just not the case. Sometimes you are just unhealthy mentally and need to seek help but I feel people doom themselves to their own suffering and assume it's just part and parcel to their MBTI type. It is one thing that grates on me the most about being on MBTI forums because it comes up a lot. I've seen the same thing happen with equating being INTJ with being on the Autism Spectrum.

Are you for real

Are we talking real as if it would be more real to you if you were told I was acting?
Or perhaps constructed around things that are more real for you ratehr than anyone elses impression?

What is truly real? Are you really asking that question?

Reactions: Asa
This is what I was afraid of

You start with trying to have a factual conversation within a predictable topic and then this happens, am I right?
Were just saying, perhaps you were projecting? This is a bit too factual for my taste without making it interesting.

Many INFJs I’ve known have had rage or streaks of injustice to things they perceive as disharmony or threat. I attached a reddit capture with some fessing up to it

I understand that’s not “certifiable” but data is data, man

Also, I feel like ENTJ are like some of the most rage-y and aggressive types you’d meet. I know they are not Ni dom but I really think the differences between introverts and extroverts and how they experience their top box functions are negligible

For the other things I’ve mentioned, I have had INFJs tell me they scored high on schizoid scales and almost all are extremely sensitive and deal with above average anxiety

I’ve also known bi-polar and violent INFJs

Haven’t seen it as much in men but there was a guy named Hitler

Attachments

• EA54443C-03A4-49B1-9AD5-5E43592354DE.png
    EA54443C-03A4-49B1-9AD5-5E43592354DE.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 3
This is EXACTLY how I feel about the subject.

I think a lot of people mistype themselves because of this and correlate being mentally unwell to being INFJ when it's just not the case. Sometimes you are just unhealthy mentally and need to seek help but I feel people doom themselves to their own suffering and assume it's just part and parcel to their MBTI type. It is one thing that grates on me the most about being on MBTI forums because it comes up a lot. I've seen the same thing happen with equating being INTJ with being on the Autism Spectrum.

This is true, and more evident in communities rather than the use as applied in organiational psychology as this does not show a self-selection bias and a need for answers.
A more common and fundamental problems can be exemplified quite differently with let's say the highly intelligent librarian type that, I don't know, love chess for example.

With a love for language and books, one can come across the attitude that someone cared enough to write this AND MAKE A BOOK!!!!
Of course you should believe what you read and care enough to remember what the author spent time effort and motivation to make.

Then you have another type, let's say this is another book loving library type of person that walks in a haze of trying to grasp nuances in words and expression between styles.
Knowing almost nothing factually correct from anything that he or she has read apart from knowing quite well from a description of what you like what other authors you may love in any direction of complexity and interests.

This represent a psychological attitude, but the introverted library type a personality type indicated by interests.
The latter distinction is a TYPE preference, and the former is basically being introverted and a nerd.

Forgot to follow throught and add the issue that has a non-selection bias, because in a professional setting many tend to fill roles if nobody else does. Both of these two mention type examples may prefer either Ti or Fi in addition to having an interest in books. In a professional setting they may also be the ones forced to come with input from things they know to help make sure enough things have been considered in the decision process for the group they belong to.

In which case, the poetry and philosophy involved may also show itself if you talk to other library types. But can come across more of a challenge, as some may be interested in a specific time in history and are willing to discuss contemporary authors that stem from a specific litterary branch and tradition, either in style or specific motivations and interests.

And here many may pick up on that this may be the point where the intial structure elaborated on between Ti and Fi type difference in interests in larger intuitive structures. And realise there is a massive problem in dealing with intelligence here, as it seems a bit of the same on the surfance.

A distinction can still be made, where those being better at language not also at the same time being that great in briding the distinction between senses, emotions involved in experience and logic that deals with structure. This also puts the distinction towards difficulty being in telling intuition and sensing apart, where the defining thing generally and largely being that it doesn't rely on personal experience if it is intuition for being better at describing it logically and emotionally. Albeit perhaps coming across as slightly offencive to those expecting personal interst rather than intelectual excitement.

This makes books a good example, because you are meant to care about the figures and things written about.

Last edited:
And I’m not blanket-casting to all INFJs but I think your statements are weak

It’s better to normalize “issues” like hey lots of people deal with this then outright dismissing it

Just saying

And maybe INFJs don’t have as much raw rage per se, but they sure do bottle it up enough that when it comes out look the fk out

This is why I ask are you for real

Reactions: Ifur
True story: this is the second time I asked someone today if they were for real

Went through Taco Bell for breakfast, and was the first and only one in line at the drive-through at 7am

Got up to the window and realized I wanted to add another $1 menu item. Employee said I need you to pull around and go back through the drive through to order it

I just looked at her and said

You guessed it

Are you for real

Reactions: Ifur and acd

It grates me, too. That and the idea that they are special and have quasi magical powers (as compared to other "ordinary" humans), so they have to be INFJs.

@ClevelandINTP – Yes, INFJs have a rage mode if you push us too far, but the fuse is typically long. The ability to be angry doesn't mean we're mentally ill.

It grates me, too. That and the idea that they are special and have quasi magical powers (as compared to other "ordinary" humans), so they have to be INFJs.

@ClevelandINTP – Yes, INFJs have a rage mode if you push us too far, but the fuse is typically long. The ability to be angry doesn't mean we're mentally ill.

I don't think rage equates to mental illness--valid

Let's just start with the basics, I suppose, nearly all INFJs I've met suffer from depression

Can we agree depression (melancholy) is a mental illness?

There is nothing anywhere in peer reviewed literature on MBTI and Jungian psychology/typology anywhere that I know of.
It is however more frequently discussed for xNxP types, not saying that it doesn't apply to all types.

Most intuitive types also have a temper, but it's the specific way this rage happens that is interesting.
You may be more interested in "stress reactions", and J types act out more, rather than rage mode famous for INTP's. And tendency for ENTP's to either be social or barricade themselves in a cave.

Last edited: