In what ways have you changed over the years? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

In what ways have you changed over the years?

At the personal level: One word, tremendously. With the problems I had I have been able to overcome so many things I can't even remember. I'm more patient, confident, curious and prepared more than ever. As a child I believed I could do anything, but now I have the experience to back that up. I do leave jobs as I please, I do leave relationships as I please and I trust my intuition more than ever. I couldn't give less of a s*** of what people think as I feel like it's something everyone has the right to do anyways. I do still wonder why people think like they do but that's just something to keep me curious I suppose.

Yep...I can totally relate to this whole post as well, especially this part.

Reactions: Free and Icedream
Totally right there with you both... @acd - I think this is a transitory way of being...shorter or longer, sometimes sparking the generic “mid-life crisis” for certain people or they start to have those feelings because of a mid-life crisis...but that isn’t always so.
Anyhow...I try not to think of my thinking or my life as - it will always be such and such way - even as far as being an INFJ is concerned, not that I am accusing you of doing that...speaking mostly for myself here now - I have to hold tight to hopes of better things to come or it would be difficult at times to warrant living it.

Anyhow, those things like precognitive dreams and such are still there imho...like you said, we just get busy with life and the less you use something, or the more stress you have, etc. the less it will happen...I think anyhow.

Having a family is a serious commitment to your time and energy - there is just no avoiding it...that whole bullshit about - if you want time for yourself you will find it - is utter nonsense once you have a child...hahaha.
I just had one...step-son at that...so I can’t imagine having more than one kid...and I consider mine pretty easy...never fussed, always happy, intelligent, kind, good grades without ever twisting his arm...I’m a bit biased though I admit. ;)

I still have hope that you will both find more of an outlet for your individuality to come out...being on disability gives me the opportunity to do stuff like meditate whereas I couldn’t before...that is a luxury I know many don’t have time to really try or practice.
So I can’t hate everything that has happened to me as I was “thrown” from the “rollercoaster" of life we are already on a few years ago...lol.
And I certainly did for a while there.
Nothing will destroy or make you seriously reassess your own ego like watching your career you worked your ass off and loved doing slip away and know that it is slipping away and you can do nothing to stop it.
To then have to seriously rely on others like never before.
It can break you down.
But I also find that it is necessary in order to grow in other ways.
You are both wonderful and compassionate people who have always expressed thoughtful and intelligent commentary and/or advice - I am happy and grateful to know you both.
Hang in there...one thing life certainly does well is change.
Much love!

Skarekrow I think it's really too late for me. My hairline is receding, and...I.... *sobs* I'M STARTING TO LIKE SOFT ROCK WITH LESS TALK! :m142:

But really, thanks for that, and for relaying your experience too. It's definitely sobering when the inevitable currents of life transitions, aging, or just random chance upend everything you envisioned when younger, whether suddenly or gradually. And at the same time, I do believe that I will be able to carve out more time as the kids get older, but I'll miss the 24/7 sense of wonder and energy I had, where now so many of my choices are viewed through a kind of drab lens of safety and responsibility. I'm being a bit dramatic in my case though, and I think I'm still in a process of adjusting to my role as a part of a family.

Considerably more jaded and cynical.
Ive lost a large part of my sense of wonder and that more than anything seems to have aided in my early demise.
Many things that used to bother me now seem small and hardly worth mentioning. Wisdom has grown, knowledge has grown. Understanding of somethinga has grown while other things I thought were clear have become murky.

Skarekrow I think it's really too late for me. My hairline is receding, and...I.... *sobs* I'M STARTING TO LIKE SOFT ROCK WITH LESS TALK! :m142:

But really, thanks for that, and for relaying your experience too. It's definitely sobering when the inevitable currents of life transitions, aging, or just random chance upend everything you envisioned when younger, whether suddenly or gradually. And at the same time, I do believe that I will be able to carve out more time as the kids get older, but I'll miss the 24/7 sense of wonder and energy I had, where now so many of my choices are viewed through a kind of drab lens of safety and responsibility. I'm being a bit dramatic in my case though, and I think I'm still in a process of adjusting to my role as a part of a family.
Dont worry. That happens when the testosterone recedes and the estrogen advances for some people.

Dont worry. That happens when the testosterone recedes and the estrogen advances for some people.

O U.

Elton John happens...HYUNDAI GUESS THAT'S HWHY THEY CAAUUWWL IT THAAA BLUUUUEEEESZH!

elton-john-3.jpg

Hmm. Guess it depends on who you ask. Ask anyone else and maybe I'm still pretty much the same person. Ask me and I've changed a whole ton. Could also be the reverse too. Who is right? :D

I am less conservative in religious beliefs and don't follow faith as rigidly or strictly as I did as a young adult. However, the belief is still there. Just that my actions are not necessarily living closely to those beliefs as they should.
I am more socially open and responsive, less introverted but still very much the introvert. Less social awkwardness and discomfort, but still wary of social interactions since there is remarkably less social conscience and awareness of other's feelings or thoughts compared to the past.
I'm more honest with myself, self-reflective, hopefully less reactive, less self critical, more understanding of others and myself, and thoughtful. Slightly less judgmental :D More realistic, though it dives real quickly into pessimism if I don't check my thinking.

More uncomfortable with uncertainty. Less fearful or concerned about the future. More moment-oriented. Learning to be less control seeking.

The moment I learnt the power of the mind, my life changed, I mean when I learnt that we can change our thoughts by talking to ourselves, that most negative head spaces are just mindsets and that we can learn to have different mindsets.

Reactions: infinite dreams