In light of School Shootings. What about the shooter themselves? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

In light of School Shootings. What about the shooter themselves?

Let me ask: are the games where kids "kill" other people alright with you, or are the games where people shoot wild game much more terrifying?
Sorry, I just saw that. I think both are a replacement for a much more dignified way of living.

How can we identify those who will go on a killing spree? I think a bullet pointed list of traits would be useful. No pun intended.

How can we identify those who will go on a killing spree? I think a bullet pointed list of traits would be useful. No pun intended.

Simple. Those individuals who are in need psychiatric help, have aggressive fantasies and/or a desire for negative forms of payback.
Good luck spotting that and filtering out the ones among them who have reached the decision to act upon them someday.

Simple. Those individuals who are in need psychiatric help, have aggressive fantasies and/or a desire for negative forms of payback.

What do you base this on?

What do you base this on?

Simple. Would you sound of mind suddenly start shooting people in your school without having aggressive fantasies or a desire for negative forms of payback towards your schoolmates?

Most everyone has gotten "caught" by a huge deer and had to freeze. It's called buck fever. It happened to me while swapping my rifle around from one side to the other and I couldn't shoot. I'm ambidextrous with a rifle. The big buck started to lower his head down, then snapped it back up at me. It unnerved me a bit. I don't know why I even worry about what you think; I'm trying to let you see through the eyes of a young hunter just starting, but you twist it like the Brady Bunch twists things all around.

When a first year spike buck walks over to your tree while you are climbing down and stares at you, he is trying to figure out what he is looking at. I call that puzzled. You twist it.

To every thing there is a season...send me the tickets and we'll be sure to go drink coffee, but we'd both rather go to New Zealand or the Great Barrier Reef.
Last thing, the reason I'm so invested in this conversation is that it takes a long time for the deer to die after having been shot. That the hunter has to let it run away and look for it later. It's not fair on the deer. Have you tried the head and neck shot? I looked it up on youtube, I did see that they have a hunting culture in New Zealand. Expand your horizons man! Forget the Brady Bunch whoever they are. Have you ever sat outside a cafe in France?

Last edited:
Scarecrow, I am a true sportsman. You act like a nut. Squirrels would love you.

So instead of answering my question you just call names…fantastic discussion!

What does the Brady Bunch have to do with this?

What does the Brady Bunch have to do with this?

I know right?
Totally random.
But what’s it all mean?! (soooo deep probably we can’t get it)

[video=youtube;GwfaqqrH5vw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GwfaqqrH5vw[/video]

As far is being a “sportsman” goes…it would be fair if the deer had on bullet-proof vests while you shot at them with a high powered rifle hidden in a tree hundreds of yards away…then at least you would have to get a head shot every time.

Why can’t you just use a high-powered camera lens if you respect nature so much?

Do you believe in Psychology?
I don't know who the Brady Bunch are but I'd be interested as to why they are so offensive to you. Sometimes what people are most offended by are what they are themselves if they let down their defences.

Sometimes we stump our toe. Most of all, sometimes elephants fall in love with lions.

Sorry, I just saw that. I think both are a replacement for a much more dignified way of living.

Neither are replacements. We have a leash law here, and it is against the law to smoke in a park. Texting, smoking, and letting your dog run free at a park are not replacements.

Last thing, the reason I'm so invested in this conversation is that it takes a long time for the deer to die after having been shot. That the hunter has to let it run away and look for it later. It's not fair on the deer. Have you tried the head and neck shot? I looked it up on youtube, I did see that they have a hunting culture in New Zealand. Expand your horizons man! Forget the Brady Bunch whoever they are. Have you ever sat outside a cafe in France?

My deer are dead before they fall. France doesn't have big rainbow trout. Send me two round trip tickets and I'll go sit at a cafe in France. Round trip!

As far is being a “sportsman” goes…it would be fair if the deer had on bullet-proof vests while you shot at them with a high powered rifle hidden in a tree hundreds of yards away…then at least you would have to get a head shot every time.

Why can’t you just use a high-powered camera lens if you respect nature so much?

If you hunted, you would have tried a head shot and found there are better ways. Hunting with a camera? What will I eat?

article-1246886-07F4E5E7000005DC-780_964x437.jpg

506119-BS1.jpg

Visit Africa with your camera. You will see life....and death so that life can live.

Last edited:
Some people go to the markets and stores; others, fend for themselves. Does it matter how game is killed? Yes, it does. My meat doesn't get covered with all kinds of who knows what. The earth and the waters provide for humankind. That will only change when there is no more earth or people.....or waters. I have not asked a single person to try hunting. If you do, go with someone experienced and learn your weapon of choice. What I have made fun of are the games available to people that teach to kill others, while people cry out against gun owners. If a child is interested in a gun, most likely he will learn from someone. Who do you want them to learn from?

Porpoise-free tuna? Glad someone stepped in. Limits on sizes of catches and creel limits on fish? Glad someone is looking down the road. Federal Migratory Bird Stamps? Who bought and paid for most of the refuges and such? Hunters. People give back when they take. Most take it far more seriously than others could imagine.
Federal Duck Stamps are conservation revenue stamps; - 98 percent of the purchase price goes directly to help acquire and protect wetland habitat and purchase conservation easements for the National Wildlife Refuge System. Wetlands acquired with Duck Stamp dollars help purify water, aid in flood control, reduce soil erosion and sedimentation, and enhance outdoor recreation opportunities.

Since 1934, more than 135 million Federal Duck Stamps have been purchased. These purchases have generated almost $1 billion for the Migratory Bird Conservation Fund, which has been used to purchase close to 6 million acres of habitat.

The area protected is roughly the size of Vermont. Read about the duck stamps, and see where people have erased the fact hunters spent most of that money. We keep erasing our history.

Last edited:
Some people go to the markets and stores; others, fend for themselves. Does it matter how game is killed? Yes, it does. My meat doesn't get covered with all kinds of who knows what. The earth and the waters provide for humankind. That will only change when there is no more earth or people.....or waters. I have not asked a single person to try hunting. If you do, go with someone experienced and learn your weapon of choice. What I have made fun of are the games available to people that teach to kill others, while people cry out against gun owners. If a child is interested in a gun, most likely he will learn from someone. Who do you want them to learn from?

Porpoise-free tuna? Glad someone stepped in. Limits on sizes of catches and creel limits on fish? Glad someone is looking down the road. Federal Migratory Bird Stamps? Who bought and paid for most of the refuges and such? Hunters. People give back when they take. Most take it far more seriously than others could imagine.
Federal Duck Stamps are conservation revenue stamps; - 98 percent of the purchase price goes directly to help acquire and protect wetland habitat and purchase conservation easements for the National Wildlife Refuge System. Wetlands acquired with Duck Stamp dollars help purify water, aid in flood control, reduce soil erosion and sedimentation, and enhance outdoor recreation opportunities.

Since 1934, more than 135 million Federal Duck Stamps have been purchased. These purchases have generated almost $1 billion for the Migratory Bird Conservation Fund, which has been used to purchase close to 6 million acres of habitat.

The area protected is roughly the size of Vermont. Read about the duck stamps, and see where people have erased the fact hunters spent most of that money. We keep erasing our history.

I never said you couldn’t go hunt…just don’t call yourself a “Sportsman” when you do…it’s not a game, it’s not a sport…you’re killing an animal..you’re a hunter.
It’s not very good odds for game going up against mankind and all our ways to call, trick, trap, or track…and then, does it have a chance to dodge bullets?
Yes some get food at stores, I’m not vegan, but I do know where my food is sourced and how it is treated and dispatched luckily because of where I live…others don’t always have that luxury. (Which is something that shouldn’t be a luxury, but standard practice)
I have no doubt that you use what you kill, but just don’t call it a sport if you also claim to take a knee and gives thanks and have this deep respect for nature and it’s bounty - that’s all.
Target shooting is a sport.
Killing is killing, that’s all.

Video games do not teach people to use weapons. The only thing that playing video games teaches you to do is to play video games. Handling weapons teaches people to use weapons.

Blaming people for this and getting enraged over their lack of respect is preposterous. Of course people are disrespectful, idiotic, incompetent, deranged, whatever. There's no limit to the bad things that can be said about them. That's the whole reason why it is so irresponsible for a society to give them convenient access to weapons of deadly force.