Impatient to See What Trump Will Actually Do | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Impatient to See What Trump Will Actually Do

Any country will power to do something terrible will do it. Take the U.S. for example. Russia is not a threat to the U.S. So why do you care?

Firstly I live in Britain, so I'm a bit closer to it ! Not all countries with power misbehave in the way Russia have been under Putin. If you really think Russia pose no threat to America or the wests interests, then I think you are in a very small minority. I care that under Putin, they have been systematically bombing schools and hospitals in Syria, killing women and children in an horrific manner.

I would hope most people would be opposed to that.

Reactions: Sandie33
then american folks decide to vote for a guy who publicly endorses Putin. In fact Russia is the only topic that Trump has kept consistency about during his campaign. And you say it can't be worse than Obama...
Right...
And so lets see, you believe Clinton was a etter choice for dealing with Putin? Do I have that right?

Firstly I live in Britain, so I'm a bit closer to it ! Not all countries with power misbehave in the way Russia have been under Putin. If you really think Russia pose no threat to America or the wests interests, then I think you are in a very small minority. I care that under Putin, they have been systematically bombing schools and hospitals in Syria, killing women and children in an horrific manner.

War is war. Its always about women and children being bombed when you want it to be. Should they be bombed, do people want to bomb them? No. Whats the purpose in that? Are there innocent casualties in war? Always.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
War is war. Its always about women and children being bombed when you want it to be. Should they be bombed, do people want to bomb them? No. Whats the purpose in that? Are there innocent casualties in war? Always.

In this case, I think sadly it has been intentional, it is an attempt to pychologically break the rebels resistance. It has been roundly condemned by both the US and the UN. I am surprised you would say that, as I think most neutrals would agree with some of what you've said earlier, and that Obama's tentative approach (along with the UK) has been a contributory factor.

Putin want's a warm sea port and I think his actions domestically and now internationally are deeply troubling. I hope I am completely wrong, but I think based on the evidence, there is a real problem that may escalate if not handled firmly. A brief look at the treatment of journalists in Russia over the last ten years tells a very worrying story.

Reactions: Stu

People think that other countries getting involved is a humanitarian effort, it isn't. As nations, we all have our ulterior motives. So it is nothing more than idealistic to want to actually help.

I'm getting off topic. We can't prove Russia was hacking - the end

In this case, I think sadly it has been intentional, it is an attempt to pychologically break the rebels resistance. It has been roundly condemned by both the US and the UN. I am surprised you would say that, as I think most neutrals would agree with some of what you've said earlier, and that Obama's tentative approach (along with the UK) has been a contributory factor.

Putin want's a warm sea port and I think his actions domestically and now internationally are deeply troubling. I hope I am completely wrong, but I think based on the evidence, there is a real problem that may escalate if not handled firmly. A brief look at the treatment of journalists in Russia over the last ten years tells a very worrying story.
Im not on the front lines. Perhaps he is targeting civilians. But again, war is war. When the British came to fight America for not bending to British rule, they called Americans barbarians for not standing in firing formations and instead fighting from the woods and hidden positions. When you fight in a war you fight to win unless you are ignorant. Otherwise why fight at all.
Does war suck? It goes without saying but its part of what we are in part created by the hostile universe that gave birth to us.

Im not on the front lines. Perhaps he is targeting civilians. But again, war is war. When the British came to fight America for not bending to British rule, they called Americans barbarians for not standing in firing formations and instead fighting from the woods and hidden positions. When you fight in a war you fight to win unless you are ignorant. Otherwise why fight at all.
Does war suck? It goes without saying but its part of what we are in part created by the hostile universe that gave birth to us.

@Eventhorizon I understand what you say about war. As for the American war of independence, you were right, we were wrong. I had to laugh reading the British complaints about American tactics. If there was an Olympic event for complaining, we'd clean up. No wonder we lost.

However I think since then the world has changed a lot. The mechanisation of modern warfare, brought horrific casualties on civilian populations. Since then we've had the Geneva Convention, the establishment of the United Nations, and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. I am not complaining about Trump, he's not in the job yet, and I think (whilst no one seemed to point this out on his behalf) what ever he might have said about Russia, he has not been until now, privy to the security briefings that Obama and Clinton were. Putin has ignored international agreements and shown contempt for international law.

Trump might be everyone's favorite bad guy right now, but compared to Putin ? It's not a contest is it, but I don't see anyone focusing on that. Let's be fair, Obama was President during this Syrian crisis, not Trump. Let's wait and see what he does. It would be an a hugely difficult task for any President, and he needs support in tackling global issues like that. Whatever arguments anyone has with his intentions or policies, the election is over and he won.

I just hope that Putin doesn't try to spring some dirty tricks early on in his Presidency. Sadly from what I see, that would be true to form. I hope I'm wrong.

@ruji I can't prove it, but based on the current evidence ? I think they did it. As for all nations have 'ulterior' motives ? That's a very jaded view of the world. Sure it's often complex, but I think people do have a basic human instinct to help and care for others. Perhaps we should agree to differ.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
I heard a sad thing earlier today in the post office...and I quote a fella about 45yo..."aww hell look at the bright side, a war with Russia will make more jobs"
WTH...huh?!?

We are not going to war with Russia. If anything maybe North Korea, Iran or even China.
North Korea comes off as insane. Imagine Trump trying to reason with them...no wait...dont.

or even China

I've never understood why more people say Russia when really China is more likely.
Mostly because I can't see Trump using chopsticks well :tonguewink: ...you know, tiny hands and all.

kfc2n-4-web.jpg

The war with Russia is less likely to happen now that Clinton isn't going to be POTUS. lol

To claim the Democrats are tougher on Russia is BS.

Who is Russia's best buddy in the Middle East? Iran.

Who has given billions of dollars to Iran? The Democrats.

Who has opened trade to Iran, facilitating Russia's influence in the Middle East? The democrats.

Why do you think Russia is bombing Syria?

Give me a break.

To claim the Democrats are tougher on Russia is BS.

Who is Russia's best buddy in the Middle East? Iran.

Who has given billions of dollars to Iran? The Democrats.

Who has opened trade to Iran, facilitating Russia's influence in the Middle East? The democrats.

Why do you think Russia is bombing Syria?

Give me a break.
The billions belonged to the Iranian gov and had been frozen by the US in 1979 during the hostage crisis.
Iran is an interesting point with the wilding take over of the US Gov.
The attempt to normalize relations with Iran was done as a way to avoid another US invasion of a middle eastern country.
It would seem that that is somewhat inevitable, once Der Trump breaks that deal the Iranians will move headlong into Nukeville.
Then the US will be bombing and may well invade.

The billions belonged to the Iranian gov and had been frozen by the US in 1979 during the hostage crisis.
Iran is an interesting point with the wilding take over of the US Gov.
The attempt to normalize relations with Iran was done as a way to avoid another US invasion of a middle eastern country.
It would seem that that is somewhat inevitable, once Der Trump breaks that deal the Iranians will move headlong into Nukeville.
Then the US will be bombing and may well invade.
Either you take Iran, isolate Iran, or (as the Democrats have been doing) serve it up on a platter to Russia.

Either you take Iran, isolate Iran, or (as the Democrats have been doing) serve it up on a platter to Russia.
such a well reasoned argument

So Iran must be starved or destroyed. (yeesh)

such a well reasoned argument

So Iran must be starved or destroyed. (yeesh)
It's not an argument. Russia wants Iran. How do you deal with that?

Just don't try to spin Trump being peaceable with Russia as worse than the Democrats trying to facilitate Russian/Iranian relations.

I personally think it's better to keep Iran off the board, and form an explicit US-Russia alliance. Such an alliance won't leave the US so exposed to China and the EU in the next few decades.

This thread is more interesting that I thought. I'm gonna read it fully soon.
Although I agree with the fact that my government is doing shit, I have no intention to die soon!
We can't take another war or anything like that at all!

Please don't attack us :S just kill the politician, they're all yours,we want them dead more than you do :D

(I'll be in jail first thing in the morning) :D

Last edited:
This thread is more interesting that I thought. I'm gonna read it fully soon.
Although I agree with the fact that my government is doing shit, I have no intention to die soon!
We can't take another war or anything like that at all!

Please don't attack us :S just kill the politician, they're all yours,we want them dead more than you do :D

(I'll be in jail first thing in the morning) :D
I really hope you are at least using a VPN, so you don't get your door kicked in.