Flavus Aquila

Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
Trump is so hard to pin down. As mentioned by other posters at various times, he could have run for either party if the circumstances allowed.

I'm going to be bugged by impatience till he starts his administration.

+ How severely will he annoy the establishment (on either side)?
+ Will he be more, or less moderate than the persona filtered by the media?
+ Will he be more presidential, or more clownish? (His victory speech, at least, was presidential with just the right hint of joviality).
+ How will he deal with Congress?
+ How will he deal with Russia?
Etc etc etc etc

I get the gut feeling that he will both pleasantly and unpleasantly surprise just about everyone, depending on their expectations.

Michael Moore predicted it in June of 2016. Was he ever right. Scary.

http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

I'm sure he'll keep a cool head and grow into the presidential role.

18shw9.jpg

Let's get that wall going Trumpkins. I've got some bricks I can donate.

Melania though. She'll either fade into obscurity or be the most insane participant in this circus.

melania-trump-ap.jpg

Reactions: Eventhorizon
Reactions: acd and James
History has a lot of examples of anti-systemic leaders obtaining power. Usually they do not amount to much in terms of real hard work but they surely create a lot of drama. Take Greece's current PM Tsipras for example. Mountains of unrealistic promises have been shat out of his ass, but in the end he's just continuing the policies that were enacted before him.

My guess that Trump will attempt some of his goals and will fail miserably at them. Then he will blame others for it and will go with the flow. If he decides to be stubborn then it will probably end in impeachment.

How will he deal with Russia

Russia wanted him to win so that we'd move in an isolationist direction or become unstable enough, allowing them to "move more freely"- according to what I heard on NPR today.

How Trump actually handles things seems unknown.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Wyote
History has a lot of examples of anti-systemic leaders obtaining power. Usually they do not amount to much in terms of real hard work but they surely create a lot of drama. Take Greece's current PM Tsipras for example. Mountains of unrealistic promises have been shat out of his ass, but in the end he's just continuing the policies that were enacted before him.

My guess that Trump will attempt some of his goals and will fail miserably at them. Then he will blame others for it and will go with the flow. If he decides to be stubborn then it will probably end in impeachment.
I suppose, looking on the bright side, there is always the possibility that he will be too incompetent to do any real harm.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Wyote
What people don't seem to realize is that none of these "Russian" hacking claims are provable. In
fact, probably none of the claims we've made about any hacking by any country in recent years
are true. People don't understand hacking, and it's now the new boogieman we're using merely as
a chess piece of fear.

Too bad russia isn't a country of scary brown people, because it seems we don't hate them
enough to believe they are a threat.

Trump essentially ran against everyone except the American people and won. He defied all the odds so I have high hopes of him actually advancing an agenda. But... whats that agenda?

Whatever Trump does it cant possibility be worse than the last 8 years.

Reactions: Sandie33
Trump essentially ran against everyone except the American people and won. He defied all the odds so I have high hopes of him actually advancing an agenda. But... whats that agenda?

Really? You don't think he can make a worse ACA? I know I could easily make it worse.

YES IT CAN. Try visiting some countries, Russia for example, to see what one raving president is capable of achieving.

Whatever Trump does.... it cant possibly be worse than the last 8 years
YES IT CAN. Try visiting some countries, Russia for example, to see what one raving president is capable of achieving.
You dont know anything about me and you certainly do not know where I have been in the world.

8 years of a President trying to break Americas back. Promoting and stoking division. Advancing terrorism through nonaction, releasing known terrorists back into the world and turning a blind eye to Russias aggression. To make a comment like that....

You dont know anything about me and you certainly do not know where I have been in the world.

8 years of a President trying to break Americas back. Promoting and stoking division. Advancing terrorism through nonaction, releasing known terrorists back into the world and turning a blind eye to Russias aggression. To make a comment like that....

then american folks decide to vote for a guy who publicly endorses Putin. In fact Russia is the only topic that Trump has kept consistency about during his campaign. And you say it can't be worse than Obama...

Trump is so hard to pin down. As mentioned by other posters at various times, he could have run for either party if the circumstances allowed.

I'm going to be bugged by impatience till he starts his administration.

+ How severely will he annoy the establishment (on either side)?
+ Will he be more, or less moderate than the persona filtered by the media?
+ Will he be more presidential, or more clownish? (His victory speech, at least, was presidential with just the right hint of joviality).
+ How will he deal with Congress?
+ How will he deal with Russia?
Etc etc etc etc

I get the gut feeling that he will both pleasantly and unpleasantly surprise just about everyone, depending on their expectations.

I'm interested to see who will be in Mr. Trump's cabinet. This might give us a little insight.

What people don't seem to realize is that none of these "Russian" hacking claims are provable. In
fact, probably none of the claims we've made about any hacking by any country in recent years
are true. People don't understand hacking, and it's now the new boogieman we're using merely as
a chess piece of fear.

Too bad russia isn't a country of scary brown people, because it seems we don't hate them
enough to believe they are a threat.

I don't hate the 'russians' or anyone else. But for anyone to dismiss the situation in Russia under Putin would be folly. Look at Ukraine and Syria, and his own domestic situation. If he is emboldened by what he see's as Western dithering and weakness (as he was in Syria) then I shudder to think what might be next. It could well be the first and most serious test for President Trump.

Unfortunately, I don't think Putin is the sort of person you can 'make a deal with'. Russia repeatedly agreed to truces and ceasefires in Syria and then ruthlessly broke them. The serving head of MI5 in Britain recently gave an interview (that's never happened in it's 107 year history) to the Guardian newspaper setting out his concerns about Russian activities. The Guardian is not 'friendly' to MI5 in anyway shape or form, which is why I think he chose it.

Sadly I think the only thing that will deter Putin from further 'adventures' will be to be made very firmly aware, that he will be resisted. Nothing encourages a tyrant like weakness. It needs to be calm, and proportionate and skilfully done. To try to comfort ourselves, that there is no problem, or that it will just go away would in my view be far more dangerous than facing up to things.

I hope President Trump is brought up to speed very quickly, as he is now able to receive all the necessary briefings. I loathe and detest war, it will be Rememberance Sunday in Britain this weekend. Sadly I think the quickest route to new conflict, would be to be perceived as unprepared and disunited, by a ruthless and opportunistic leader who has shown no respect at all for international law.

Reactions: Sandie33
I don't hate the 'russians' or anyone else. But for anyone to dismiss the situation in Russia under Putin would be folly. Look at Ukraine and Syria, and his own domestic situation. If he is emboldened by what he see's as Western dithering and weakness (as he was in Syria) then I shudder to think what might be next. It could well be the first and most serious test for President Trump.

Unfortunately, I don't think Putin is the sort of person you can 'make a deal with'. Russia repeatedly agreed to truces and ceasefires in Syria and then ruthlessly broke them. The serving head of MI5 in Britain recently gave an interview (that's never happened in it's 107 year history) to the Guardian newspaper setting out his concerns about Russian activities. The Guardian is not 'friendly' to MI5 in anyway shape or form, which is why I think he chose it.

Sadly I think the only thing that will deter Putin from further 'adventures' will be to be made very firmly aware, that he will be resisted. Nothing encourages a tyrant like weakness. It needs to be calm, and proportionate and skilfully done. To try to comfort ourselves, that there is no problem, or that it will just go away would in my view be far more dangerous than facing up to things.

I hope President Trump is brought up to speed very quickly, as he is now able to receive all the necessary briefings. I loathe and detest war, it will be Rememberance Sunday In Britain this weekend. Sadly I think the quickest route to new conflict, would be to be perceived as unprepared and disunited, by a ruthless and opportunistic leader who has shown no respect at all for international law.
Any country with power to do something terrible will do it. Take the U.S. for example. Russia is not a threat to the U.S. So why do you care?

Last edited: