If you would write a book, would you use a pseudonym | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

If you would write a book, would you use a pseudonym

I think I'd be very tempted to use a pseudonym. For me, writing stems from such a personal place, and I'd feel too weird & vulnerable if people knew the book was mine. It would be kind of like having a diary with my name on it lying around for anyone who knew me to read. Maybe if it was something like a children's book I'd be OK with it...

Exactly what I was going to say!

I think I'd be very tempted to use a pseudonym. For me, writing stems from such a personal place, and I'd feel too weird & vulnerable if people knew the book was mine. It would be kind of like having a diary with my name on it lying around for anyone who knew me to read. Maybe if it was something like a children's book I'd be OK with it...

indeed, that is why I keep forums and weblogs as anonymous as possible. Don't want to bump into someone (like at work or on a job interview!!!!!) who has read my "diary". I would feel so ashamed!

I'm amazed that everyone seems to have the same idea about it :D

I would always use a pseudonym because my goal in writing a book, and in other endeavors, has always been anonymous wealth. In my case, the likelihood of finishing a book is remote. I've written the first page of fifteen novels. It's the other pages I have trouble with. But, I can surely claim anonymity. As to the wealth part, I'm not saying. That's what anonymity is good for, among other things.