If you feel angry about something... (or it also can be your positive feelings) | INFJ Forum

If you feel angry about something... (or it also can be your positive feelings)

RoSe41

Community Member
May 20, 2010
MBTI
INTP / INFJ
Enneagram
If you feel angry about something, don't hide that feeling; try to practise in this way: "Breathe the anger in and out, in and out (for just a moment)." - Then, after that; "you can totally forget about that 'fury', if I may call it." But, you can not try to do this with hate feelings, they are very harmful to you!!!!!

Meanwhile, if you have any positive feelings like "confidence" - you can practise in the same way, immediately: "Breathe them in and out, in and out." do it repeatedly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Breathe the will"!!!!! - When you feel angry (or other positive feelings)......
*When you feel angry about something, don't hide/bury the feeling; practise it in this way: "Breathe the anger in and out, in and out (for just a moment)"! Then quickly and easily forget about that 'fury.'" Plus: you can not "breathe" with the hatred feelings, or the other unhappy feelings; that's harmful, I think!
*On the other hand. If you have the positive feelings like "confidence and courages, or etc..." then, you can practise in the same way:"Immediately, breathe them in and out, in and out..." ^_^

(update:smile:)

Last edited:
thanks for the advice :)

If you get angry, do 25 push ups or some other basic yet somewhat strenuous physical activity in order to catalyze the emotion. Breathing exercises are good too.

thanks for the advice :)
Thank you, May. Thank you very much for reading it, and thanks for your kind words! ^_^

Last edited:
If you get angry, do 25 push ups or some other basic yet somewhat strenuous physical activity in order to catalyze the emotion. Breathing exercises are good too.
No, Dragon. I mean to breathe that whole feelings in and out, in and out for just a moment, and then, forget about the anger, and change a new mood then. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, May. Thank you very much for reading it, and thanks for your kind words! ^_^

you're more than welcome dear <3 you have such a positive attitude about things

No, Dragon. I mean to breathe that whole feelings in and out, in and out for just a moment, and then, forget about the anger, and change a new mood then. :)

I can negate and forget about anger, but I can't forget what I am angry at. Unless I come to terms with the source of the anger, I contiunously become angry.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
This is good advice. The other day I was really angry at something a co-worker had done. I was fuming lol The co-worker walked in and I blasted her. If I had done the breathing it would have turned out differently because, although I would probably still be stinging, I wouldn't have handled it the same way because I would have been calmer.

I've been wrestling a lot with anger these days, and have to consciously summon the part of my mind that can logically deal with this stuff and see the positive outcome.

It is a very strange phenomenon for me that I may not be able to put into words, but I'm curious if others are able to call on a part of their brain to temporarily take the controls. I've never understood my ability to do this, and it is almost a metaphysical experience. Am I completely weird, or is this an INFJ thing? (Kind of expecting the "you're completely weird" response...)

I've been wrestling a lot with anger these days, and have to consciously summon the part of my mind that can logically deal with this stuff and see the positive outcome.

It is a very strange phenomenon for me that I may not be able to put into words, but I'm curious if others are able to call on a part of their brain to temporarily take the controls. I've never understood my ability to do this, and it is almost a metaphysical experience. Am I completely weird, or is this an INFJ thing? (Kind of expecting the "you're completely weird" response...)

Yeah, you're completely weird.
:)
I don't know if it's an INFJ thing or not but I struggle with this as well. Part of it for me I think is that I struggle against anger and wrestle with it too much. If I could just feel the anger purely it might be easier to let it go.
I can't seem to think logically when I'm feeling angry.

Anger

I think that's great - or at least it's something I'm trying to make myself do! There are times when someone offends me deeply and what I instinctively want to do is be overwhelmed with anger and never see them again! But often the best thing for my life in the long run (career or extended family) would be to think rationally first - and behave accordingly. That latter part may include knowing that this person is a jerk, but at least I won't have burned my bridges and made everyone else think I'm a crazy person by handling it my usual way! :wink:

I haven't been dealing with as much anger as latent resentment that I should of originally dealt with as RoSe41 suggests. I didn't though. instead I buried it so it could surface many years later and bite me. :mpff:
Lately I've been calling on logic a lot more in relationships. Instead of always seeking to "feel" loved, I've been trying to be content in "knowing" that I am loved.

Welcome IntrovertZone. I will check out your blog.

I know exactly what you mean about the "knowing" vs. the "feeling." When it comes to some other types, they may love you very much, but they show it the way they know how to show it, and we may not feel it. I wish I'd known that in the past.

Thanks for the welcome! I don't think I know any other INFJs in real life, so it's wonderful to find a place where we actually belong! :)

I can negate and forget about anger, but I can't forget what I am angry at. Unless I come to terms with the source of the anger, I contiunously become angry.

I think this would be that charged anger you always read about in INFJ descriptions

What happens is I follow my intuition blindly (which is probably not the smartest thing for me to do in my current situation) but what happens is I perceive something as being wrong in the world. Then I will see all of the very many ways in which it was wrong, the gravity of the situation if you will, and it just charges and charges my anger.

The only way to negate this charged anger is justice. Either the source must be annihilated or somehow fixed, or the source must be justified. If none of these happen, my anger will just keep charging itself.

This is good advice. The other day I was really angry at something a co-worker had done. I was fuming lol The co-worker walked in and I blasted her. If I had done the breathing it would have turned out differently because, although I would probably still be stinging, I wouldn't have handled it the same way because I would have been calmer.
Ok, sumone. I see, here's the tip for you! - "Calm with your brainwave"
"Calm with your brainwave" - Usually, when we feel angry, then we try to calm down with our
emotions/feelings; But have you ever tried 'calm with your brainwave' first??!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
**1. The brainwaves can bring us Peace, Joy, Freedom; and somehow, the power to bless...
*2. Life itself is precious; & all human beings are miracles! - You see, our brain is to explain "why we are all miracles"!!!
*3. "Calm your brainwave" - Usually, when we feel angry, then we try to calm down with our emotions/feelings; But have you ever tried 'calm your brainwave' first??!
**4. The important part of the brain is: "the front part of the brain"!!!
**5. "Nicely - focus" can make it easier for us to capture "brilliant" Brainwaves!!!
***6. Brainwaves - Sometimes, the brainwave can be messy, and in disorder, then it can be annoying to you, and you feel very unhappy; - But sometimes they can be very pleasing to you, with those long/short *regular* brainwaves!!!!!

Last edited:

Welcome you, newbie (GoofyGirl).
I think the answer regard with your doubt is also "a brainwave thing". And you are not weird at all ! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**1. The brainwaves can bring us Peace, Joy, Freedom; and somehow, the power to bless...
*2. Life itself is precious; & all human beings are miracles! - You see, our brain is to explain "why we are all miracles"!!!
*3. "Calm your brainwave" - Usually, when we feel angry, then we try to calm down with our emotions/feelings; But have you ever tried 'calm your brainwave' first??!
**4. The important part of the brain is: "the front part of the brain"!!!
**5. "Nicely - focus" can make it easier for us to capture "brilliant" Brainwaves!!!
***6. Brainwaves - Sometimes, the brainwave can be messy, and in disorder, then it can be annoying to you, and you feel very unhappy; - But sometimes they can be very pleasing to you, with those long/short *regular* brainwaves!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, you're completely weird.
:)
I don't know if it's an INFJ thing or not but I struggle with this as well. Part of it for me I think is that I struggle against anger and wrestle with it too much. If I could just feel the anger purely it might be easier to let it go.
I can't seem to think logically when I'm feeling angry.
Yeah, sumone, I think the quote "If I could just feel the anger purely it might be easier to let it go" is what am I supposed to mean, and also, the purpose of why am I saying this part.

But I am sorry, too. because I don't know if there is any bettter way than this to settle the angry feelings :(

Last edited:
I think that's great - or at least it's something I'm trying to make myself do! There are times when someone offends me deeply and what I instinctively want to do is be overwhelmed with anger and never see them again! But often the best thing for my life in the long run (career or extended family) would be to think rationally first - and behave accordingly. That latter part may include knowing that this person is a jerk, but at least I won't have burned my bridges and made everyone else think I'm a crazy person by handling it my usual way! :wink:
Well, IntrovertZone. I think you don't need to overwhelm yourself by thinking it all over angrily, I think you can find the right reasons why you feel angry. BTW: the angry feelings are just feelings, not attitude - like hatred. :smile:

Last edited: