Idea of Peace, No peace at all | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Idea of Peace, No peace at all

Peace will never be achieved. As soon as one problem is solved, another will crop up.

However, I cannot stay silent while women and children are murdered due to apathy and deceit.

My list may not matter to anyone else, but I hope someday it will...

It is as I said...there can be no unity with out conflict

How is this relevant to anything?

he is conceding...agreeing that there cannot be one with out the other...while you are good men...there are evil ones out there as well...

the natural order.

How is this relevant to anything?

Because you bring me ideas and ideals of people that the world deemed "brilliant".

Of subjected value for which I offer my own opinions. For which I also point out you and everyone else has their own.

It is as I said...there can be no unity with out conflict

Then do away with unity. :p

Just kidding, if there is always going to be a ying and a yang, I prefer to be on the side of good. I think it is a little unbalanced these days.

But yet these actions are indeed part of the universe, for it has happened and will.

A preference for a certain way of life is what drives people to "stop an evil, confused or cruel tyrant, group or government from hurting those who need protection. "

Is there anything that said anyone HAD to do anything? The bias against destruction is indeed large due to the a living being's own existence is threatened by destruction.
The decision to do nothing is a choice. By choosing so you passively support the aggressor's power and position. So you have to choose a side because you exist.

Destruction is a part of the universe and true pacifism (refusal to attack no matter what) cannot work because you cannot guarantee there will not be an aggressor at any point in the future. That is why governments and armies must exist. It is why we need the archetype of the altruistic warrior (Paladin if you prefer, and I do) present as a reality in life.

However when your life is not in danger and your rights aren't being denied to you, why should you have the right to harm others in life, health or liberty to gain lesser things for yourself such as unneeded money, luxury goods, recreation spots or simple personal pleasure? To claim the right to do so is to automatically also offer the right to stop you to your opponents for their own reasons, and at that point I don't think the original aggressor would just shrug their shoulders if the defender ruined, imprisoned or put them to death.

Or to sum it up as a moral imperative: 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.' I can agree to expand this to all life but I will not agree to restrict it. This right is lost when you stop offering it to others.

Then do away with unity. :p

Just kidding, if there is always going to be a ying and a yang, I prefer to be on the side of good.

then the world is swallowed in chaos...but there will always be those looking to bring order to the chaos

there cannot be good with out evil
there cannot be order with out chaos
there cannot be unity with out conflict

there just cannot!

Because you bring me ideas and ideals of people that the world deemed "brilliant".

Of subjected value for which I offer my own opinions. For which I also point out you and everyone else has their own.

His value to the world had nothing to do with why I posted it. My arguments are mainly for those others that read this thread.

. I think it is a little unbalanced these days.

it is always balanced...there is no other way...just because our society focuses more on the bad things in the world, and not enough on the good does not mean the balance has shifted!

[YOUTUBE]NQcNdZCNJTk[/YOUTUBE]

Excuse me, this had to be done.
I'm just lurking around in this discussion and reading everything.

However when your life is not in danger and your rights aren't being denied to you, why should you have the right to harm others in life, health or liberty to gain lesser things for yourself such as unneeded money, luxury goods, recreation spots or simple personal pleasure?

It is this that is apart of some of the deepest preferences in this thus far; and is reason why I choose to fight.

It is this that is apart of some of the deepest preferences in this thus far; and is reason why I choose to fight.

wait...why fight when you desire unity? this confuses me

just like fighting for peace...its counter-intuitive...

wait...why fight when you desire unity? this confuses me

just like fighting for peace...its counter-intuitive...

I desire unity but that itself is perspective. As you pointed out earlier to force something would be indeed unnatural as is highly unlikely as all actions lead and make the future.

Thus I go back to my own preferences in life, my own ideals, to rejoin the process of existence (but really is there ever leaving, i am not sure of that one?)

Slightly off topic: this is one of the reasons why even though I want an Ouroboros tattoo I am choosing not to get one. Just as it would be a perfect symbolism for me, it would also be the worst.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]NQcNdZCNJTk[/YOUTUBE]

Excuse me, this had to be done.
I'm just lurking around in this discussion and reading everything.

I can't watch that vid at work, what is your viewpoint?

I desire unity but that itself is perspective. As you pointed out earlier to force something would be indeed unnatural as is highly unlikely as all actions lead and make the future.

Thus I go back to my own preferences in life, my own ideals, to rejoin the process of existence (but really is there ever leaving, i am not sure of that one?)

Slightly off topic: this is one of the reasons why even though I want an Ouroboros tattoo I am choosing not to get one. Just as it would be a perfect symbolism for me, it would also be the worst.

If you accept the natural order, there should be nothing left to fight. You must do what comes naturally to you...you must be...just as everyone else...

I can't watch that vid at work, what is your viewpoint?

My viewpoint on all of this?

I think it's interesting to think about this, but I'm not sure if I can express an opinion yet.

I agree with some points Naxx made, and I disagree with some of his other points.

And that was a musicvideo btw.

My viewpoint on all of this?

I think it's interesting to think about this, but I'm not sure if I can express an opinion yet.

I agree with some points Naxx made, and I disagree with some of his other points.

And that was a musicvideo btw.

I know, it is Megadeath so I have to assume it is hilarious.

Good to hear, do your research.

Nothing is inherently good or evil. Anything that is good leads to evil as well and everything that is evil leads to good also. If evil and pain were to disappear then then peace and happiness would loose all meaning which is certainly bad.

Why then should humans try to live there life in a spirit of compassion? Because the balance between good and bad must be maintained lest we loose both. Morality has more to do with who you are as people. We should live compassionately and encourage it in others to play our part in the balance of the universe, and because it is an expression of who we are. In other words it is an expression of the deepest part of the human experience.

Ow my brain hurts.

Nothing is inherently good or evil. Anything that is good leads to evil as well and everything that is evil leads to good also. If evil and pain were to disappear then then peace and happiness would loose all meaning which is certainly bad.

Why then should humans try to live there life in a spirit of compassion? Because the balance between good and bad must be maintained lest we loose both. Morality has more to do with who you are as people. We should live compassionately and encourage it in others to play our part in the balance of the universe, and because it is an expression of who we are. In other words it is an expression of the deepest part of the human experience.

Ow my brain hurts.

::Massages Lucifer's brain::

Ow my brain hurts.

to quote my favorite movie

"Truly you have a dizzying intelect"

You really have, just in a round about way, reiterated what I said...

my brain hurts now too

Reactions: Lucifer
::gives out free brain massages::