[INFJ] - I wonder how many INFJ's are on this forum | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] I wonder how many INFJ's are on this forum

My test on the MBTI constantly showing I am an INFJ-A Advocate. I dont want to bother much by going to psychologist for this.
Today, me and business partners have a discussion:

Partner: I dont like that guy, he could backstab us from the back or climb to some of our high profile people who are our valuable assets. I will screen him for potential dangers.

Me: Let me deal with him, I see some dissapointment in him. I sense of he is a kind of rushing to secure projects, likely burdened by his principle for a quick money making actions.

Partner: I leave it to you I dont want to deal with him. The Go No Go is from you.

Me: Aye aye brother. You know you can rely on me. (I stare him deeply and say in my heart: this is a do or die business for usbro).

Partner: All rite bro, all on you for this matter.

Vendor texted me: I see you are likely the wisest of all of your partners in the group. Care to talk to me just two of us?

Me: Sure let s meet up

In the meeting (with some booze)
Me: My group has a full confidence of what you are capable of, but in my opinion you were a bit rushing to push things out. This make my frienda uncomfortable.

Vendor: You know I have a plan to do a holistic approach for this sector. But of course in the way, my company need to make sure we get some projects. I need to show progress to my principle.

Me: I thought so. Look "my friend" there is nothing wrong with you chasing quick money. But you said yourself you want to do a holistic approach for the sector. Here is what I think you are doing (bla ... Bla...)
In my honest opinion you are pushing a short term benefit that may screw you for the big thing you want to achieve. I know my friends are sometimes a bit fusy, and arrogant, but trust me our group actually believes in what you are capable of. No doubt from our side.
(I stare at him and say in my heart: I am not kidding bro. You should know from my gesture).
Vendor: Thank you it is good to hear that. You know exactly we can do (bla...bla..).
(I dont pay attention, but being a good listener with body languange showing I agree).
Vendor: Omg I dont know why I opened up so much with you and let my guard down. May be I am drunk (laughing).

Me: I dont trust people before before we drink together. It is when people are being the most honest (I laugh).

Vendor: I know you are the wisest of all. Look, I do really want this thing to happen. I dont give a shit to whatever your partner's bad attitude to me, they treated me like this and that. Of course I feel disrespected.
Me: If you didnt tell me I wouldnt know, thank you for telling me that and I apologized for that(I show my sincere look). I will tell them to never disrespect people like that anymore. Look my partners trust me to handle this thing. I am here to talk to you on my initiative to talk from heart to heart. I have a solution to you do this...and that, but you cant do this and that ... Because the timing isnt good from the perspective of our group.
Vendor: I think I can take that, but here are some of my other problems. (Bla bla)
Me: I think I can help you with that, but this will be my personal favor to you. I dont see you are the type of person who would cross the line. Let me handle my friends, I will help you on that later thing personally, but I dont want any frictions between our groups. Remember we must work together for our bigger targets, the big missions. So whatever happens we stick together OK? If you have problems you talk to me. I can proof to you I am a man of my word.

Vendor: I think I like you man. Let's do the thing together.
----
(We had a good drink, I even drove him home coz he was too drank)
A few days later...
Partner: What do you think bro, can we do a business with him? They actually have a good capability, I am just worried he may backstab us.
Me: You leave him to me, I think he listens to me. It is good if we can do (bla bla bla) business with him.
Partner: Aye aye bro, thank you for figuring things out.

Later, I fulfilled my promises to him (I invested in his heart). It was just a small favor, but the thank is big. I told my partner I was helping the vendor in this that.
His initial response: Are you sure?
Me: Yes bro, you also need to understand what is his burden was. I can sense his frustration. A little help that will release him from the burden will make him loyal to is.
Partner: You are always the cult leader for many people (joking). Ok go ahead.
Me: laugh and thinking: you dont know how my INFJ brain works bro.
----
We havent started the big project yet: but I know that in a tender I can bullshit and sell this vendor being our knowledge partner.

When I acted as a neutralizer, my brain already figured out the chain reaction what may fall apart if we didnt pick that vendor. I believe we are chosing the best. Simce I am a control freak, I cannot stand quietly and look at my miserable forecast. I acted, confront the problem by showing my genuine intention and using my charm.

Whenever I feel there is a potential distortion, I straighten things up "for the bigger purpose".
I use my charm like a prophet, like Hitler to remind people of a greater purpose. Combined with my sincere body languange, I can bend people's mind.

I know that vendor wouldnt have the heart to betray us. Apart from I made good investment in the small favor, he could tell from my body language I cannot take a betrayal and are capable of doing something really bad if crossed my line..

I trapped him in his mind by setting up a deep guilt feeling if he betray our group and most importantly he will lose an reliable helper: a person who just help with true intention to help (with all of my capabilities). Like a good friend. I know it is rare.
I thank my INFJ mind for that, but can you imagine if I used it for the negative ways?

@larcipelago We had a discussion in another thread on whether reading people is a blessing or a curse.
I wanted to see your perspective because there was something bothering me on your story. And now having read this part, I'm going to give you something:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...s-no-dark-side-empathy-just-people-dark-sides

Empathy has no light or dark sides. It is a skill that, when engaged in full, gives us deeper understanding of others.
If we learn to read other people and use that to manipulate them, we are not being empathic.
We are not imagining ourselves in their situation and how we would want to be treated if we were them.

So, take this as a major tip and be careful with and understand what you are doing.

@larcipelago We had a discussion in another thread on whether reading people is a blessing or a curse.
I wanted to see your perspective because there was something bothering me on your story. And now having read this part, I'm going to give you something:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...s-no-dark-side-empathy-just-people-dark-sides

Empathy has no light or dark sides. It is a skill that, when engaged in full, gives us deeper understanding of others.
If we learn to read other people and use that to manipulate them, we are not being empathic.
We are not imagining ourselves in their situation and how we would want to be treated if we were them.

So, take this as a major tip and be careful with and understand what you are doing.
Thank you bro for this. In that situation, I did play the emphaty for the chess game, but it wasnt my intention to manipulate them. I know we could chose to be Hitler or Mother Theresa if we really strenghten our INFJs. I believe INFJs are not just people in the corner of the room during a party. With great power comes a great responsibility. For me it will be US who will torture ourselves for any misconduct.

Reactions: dragulagu
Thank you bro for this. In that situation, I did play the emphaty for the chess game, but it wasnt my intention to manipulate them. I know we could chose to be Hitler or Mother Theresa if we really strenghten our INFJs. I believe INFJs are not just people in the corner of the room during a party. With great power comes a great responsibility. For me it will be US who will torture ourselves for any misconduct.

No problem, I know it wasn't with bad intention, but there is a clear distinction between showing empathy for someone as a means to connect and showing empathy to force someone into a direction (even if it is a good one).
If you have ever seen the movie "The Wolf of Wall Street", it's what the main character did with his team. This more a point of view on morality.

Ups I agree with this

"What I worry about is that the idea of dark sides to empathy is a slippery slope that can lead to throwing out empathy altogether. For those of us who experience racism, sexism, antisemitism, homophobia, or who live with bullying and being made fun of because of differences in ability or who we are, empathy is the guardrail that keeps those bad behaviors in check. It is the light bulb that can go off to tell someone that they are treating others badly. It is the “aha moment” of understanding what another person is truly experiencing."

It doesnt answer though the So What? Question after a sincere doing. It may derail the meaning of the emphaty, and became a complex INTUITION game play. But that is the world bro, it is always the survival of the fittest. I learned it the hard way.
I do understand I need an INTP to warn me to not becoming a Hitler

No problem, I know it wasn't with bad intention, but there is a clear distinction between showing empathy for someone as a means to connect and showing empathy to force someone into a direction (even if it is a good one).
If you have ever seen the movie "The Wolf of Wall Street", it's what the main character did with his team. This more a point of view on morality.

You are right on this, I changed the emphaty into INTUITION game play. I usually use this a lot when there is a potential friction.

You can probably help me and others how we also play the Control Freak thing. It disturbs my mind when my INFJ fast reading situation shows a bad alert. Sometimes my precaution or responses are not necessary, sometimes it is what it needs to unite all the different interests. I often see things break when I have my hands out. In many time, the fixing the broken glass is given to me. The worst blamegame to myself: I could have prevented it but I didnt do it...it is torturing when in that situation

Oh dear. I am so sorry to hear that. I dont mean to badly advise you.
The part for striking back for greater good may be useful here.
Did you mean he will suicide if you both left him?
Again, I dont mean to badly influence you. It will be YOU who understand the phrase I DONT CARE to see everthing burning around me as long as this stops...
I have to add this part. It is rare for an INFJ turn into a violent revengeful person. We may not forgive (lose interests) forever, but we dont usually strike revengefully. Some bad famous INFJs are good at covering this up with the "greater purpose" (Hitler, Osama). Just remember: these kind of people are more manipulative than being an empath.

Last edited:
You are right on this, I changed the emphaty into INTUITION game play. I usually use this a lot when there is a potential friction.

You can probably help me and others how we also play the Control Freak thing. It disturbs my mind when my INFJ fast reading situation shows a bad alert. Sometimes my precaution or responses are not necessary, sometimes it is what it needs to unite all the different interests. I often see things break when I have my hands out. In many time, the fixing the broken glass is given to me. The worst blamegame to myself: I could have prevented it but I didnt do it...it is torturing when in that situation

Honestly, purely talking intuition, i personally use it mostly to understand a situation, and push things forward. But the situation should be in control of others. People should learn themselves and be shown a direction they could go in.
The choice is theirs to do so, not mine. If I can give an example from myself, I'm starting up a kickstarter coming month with 2 friends. While I am currently leading the team of us 3 and giving each member of our team the tasks of what to do based on my intuition on where we should go and who my team/friends are. I let them do the tasks themselves and not interfere with their decisions. If it doesn't work out for one of them (or for myself), I propose a change of course. That way we can get to a consensus and move forward together. Hope that makes sense.

I think what you do in the kickstart is the nature of INFJs, hehe. We are naturally a democratic person and likes to see the best from others.
Gameplay is a bit different in my group, we set ourself in different character strength we have. There is the mastermind, our leader, there is the situation reader and handler (me), there is the extrovert for a show off, etc. I am a no leader but people in my group admits I am the binder and neutralizer in many times. Btw, they know little about MBTI, but in many times a question of: what is your reading? And all eyes on me. Hehe. I felt omg they value my INFJs.

I think what you do in the kickstart is the nature of INFJs, hehe. We are naturally a democratic person and likes to see the best from others.
Gameplay is a bit different in my group, we set ourself in different character strength we have. There is the mastermind, our leader, there is the situation reader and handler (me), there is the extrovert for a show off, etc. I am a no leader but people in my group admits I am the binder and neutralizer in many times. Btw, they know little about MBTI, but in many times a question of: what is your reading? And all eyes on me. Hehe. I felt omg they value my INFJs.
Hehe, certainly taking that as a compliment, thank you.
You're working with a team with each having their own skillset. That certainly works; A-Team style.
giphy.gif

Hehe, certainly taking that as a compliment, thank you.
You're working with a team with each having their own skillset. That certainly works; A-Team style.
giphy.gif
The GIF is quite true but to be precise, in my part I feel more like this:
The air traffic controller (in the airportl. I dont rule, I watch things out from my INFJ tower. If things get messy I freak out).

Attachments

• images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 0
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Yes you're right - edited in .... Pi for T F

The formula for INTPs is similar but includes i (the imaginary square root of -1)

I'm pretty sure that infjs are just cats stuck in Schrodinger's world, we're used to demonstrate how things are misinterpreted... and yet people misinterpret that too.

Where's the pie?! Ooooooo Cookies. Was it my turn to bring the pie?

*flipping through the calendar*
December was you, January was John.
We had too much spiked something flowing through this place in December to notice. If you want to provide the morning bagels next friday I'll bring the coffee.

Reactions: Daustus
Again, I dont mean to badly influence you. It will be YOU who understand the phrase I DONT CARE to see everthing burning around me as long as this stops...
Well I try to do something about that but his behaviour is really scary(I am not a physcologist but he has a sociopathic/psycopathic behaviour).But if he tryes again to hit or hurt me il will do the same.One thing I want to come back to normal.......my epathy/ability to be an empath(I seem to lack it now) and to be able to concentrate more and not be hyperactive anymore

I don't want to see a psychologist for this.
I am in my teen years and my mom is an ISFJ (but almost an ISTJ) and my dad is an ISTJ and I seem to constantly have problems and fights with them. I don't ever mean to. They seem to take everything I say the wrong way, and when they yell at me, something breaks, but I can't cry in front of them because I feel as if I wouldn't be understood. I don't know what to do. When I try to tell them how I feel, they either don't listen or just don't understand. I can't seem to ever please them and it somethings feels as if the weight of the world is upon me. I don't know how to make them understand me and what I need to strive for. I am under pressure from school and my parents aren't making me feel any better.

I don't want to see a psychologist for this.
I am in my teen years and my mom is an ISFJ (but almost an ISTJ) and my dad is an ISTJ and I seem to constantly have problems and fights with them. I don't ever mean to. They seem to take everything I say the wrong way, and when they yell at me, something breaks, but I can't cry in front of them because I feel as if I wouldn't be understood. I don't know what to do. When I try to tell them how I feel, they either don't listen or just don't understand. I can't seem to ever please them and it somethings feels as if the weight of the world is upon me. I don't know how to make them understand me and what I need to strive for. I am under pressure from school and my parents aren't making me feel any better.
Yo. What you say about your difficulties with your parents hits close to home. I had the same struggles with my parents. My youth and teen years were crap. Hang in there. There's nothing wrong with you. It might feel like it because the people closest to you don't understand you and aren't helping you develop your strengths, but all will be well shortly. They still won't understand you, but you'll learn ways of communicating with them and you'll eventually move out and be free to pursue what is important to you and live how you need to. Just remember they do love and this difficult phase is just that. A difficult phase. I still don't have deep emotional bonds with my parents, but we have a good relationship. Sorry for the short response, but I have to wake up early. Best wishes, it'll be ok.

Thanks. I always doubt myself, especially when my parents are upset with me. My younger brother is also an INFJ, but my parents often seem to approve more of his actions, and he is not as private as I am. They constantly seem to think something is wrong with me. I want their approval, but all I seem to get is their criticism. Even when they are proud of me, they turn right around and tell me what I need to find. I just want them to be proud of me and understand what I want to do with my life.

Let X = The number claiming to be INFJ
Let Y= The number claiming to be a different type

If N= the actual number of INFJs then

N= 1/3Pi(0.75X + 0.1Y)(Re + 10)/(39.53e)

Where R is the number of decimal days till the next full moon
Lmao.
Cute!
:tearsofjoy:

Dude, where are you from?

Reactions: David54