[INFJ] - I wonder how many INFJ's are on this forum | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] I wonder how many INFJ's are on this forum

Thanks. I always doubt myself, especially when my parents are upset with me. My younger brother is also an INFJ, but my parents often seem to approve more of his actions, and he is not as private as I am. They constantly seem to think something is wrong with me. I want their approval, but all I seem to get is their criticism. Even when they are proud of me, they turn right around and tell me what I need to find. I just want them to be proud of me and understand what I want to do with my life.
Parental approval is something most people seek their entire lives. I think we are better off seeking our own approval. We have no idea what other people think or are going through themselves.
I get together with cousins now as all the parents have passed, and we all have stories of seeking approval from our parents, while the rest of us say how wonderful my aunt or uncle was. . it's all in the perspective. You parents may like your brother more than you, we all have that story in our lives. My father couldn't remember my name, he called me Jimmy, his favorite son. . .

Reactions: John K and Ren
Same. My parents call me Thomas half the time, when I am a girl and we don’t look that much alike.

Reactions: David54