I Am An Alcoholic | INFJ Forum

I Am An Alcoholic

bcrwz

Donor
May 11, 2019
MBTI
INTJ
I am starting this tread because I am an alcoholic and suffer with this addiction. I have been living in this shadow and hurting a lot of people because of it. I have become distasteful and unpalatable to those around me and myself. I know I have set out a lot of confusion as to who I am. I am not the shadow of alcoholism and I deserve better for myself and the good people of this forum don't deserve the things I have said. I am in the process of uplifting my self and I hit rock bottom this morning. No one has to believe me alcohol will turn you into a liar. I now realize I chose this medium because I am seeking help and I have now found it through my personal support network. You all deserve an apology for my actions. I no longer want to push people away due to my own self worth issues, much love.

Another Note: I think it might be a great idea to open up something for addiction on this forum.

@Deleted member 16771 @Wyote @April @Ren @Whomever else I have victimized or negatively impacted

high-self-672x372.jpg

I hope you're being serious. It's hard telling if this will turn into some type of "gotcha!!!" type of thread.

I wish you well.
You do deserve better for yourself.
People should see the good side of you because it's in there. Let it shine.

I hope you're being serious. It's hard telling if this will turn into some type of "gotcha!!!" type of thread.

I wish you well.
You do deserve better for yourself.
People should see the good side of you because it's in there. Let it shine.

Alcohol turns you into a liar but this is truth it's also not attention seeking. It will nag me in a negative way if I don't apologize, it will begin the process of rewriting the wrong.

Alcohol turns you into a liar but this is truth.

Alcohol is not an excuse for speaking lies.
Your first step is to accept responsibility for all your actions whether or not alcohol is involved. Don't use alcohol as a scapegoat. It's you who chooses to consume it and therefore allow it to consume you.

I'm not judging you, just giving you the cold truth.

Alcohol must make You lie, you mean.
It makes me way too truthful and forthcoming.

So, I wouldn't say 'you' as a collective term when you mention that "alcohol turns you I to you into a liar." I'm speculating that it's not the liquor which makes you lie, rather than the addiction.

You do have a problem. Only you can change that.

it will begin the process of rewriting the wrong.

In the words of my very wise Papa, "Just stop it."
Apologies are meaningless if you repeat the wrongful behavior which prompted you to apologize in the first place.

I did hear once that those who are drunk are more likely to speak the truth. It is true that often those who abuse drugs make the drugs responsible for those who take them. Alcohol is no different.

The lies they tell lie in their self-victimisation. It is not just an addict thing, either. Any person with a serious problem is capable of it, be it that they poison themselves through their actions or substances that impede their judgement.

It's a good thing to speak up about it, as I also know people with similar issues that don't feel like they can speak up, or don't even recognise that there even is an issue with their abuse.
It is time that they wake up, and that you not only get a chance to change, but actually get the chance to perform that change. I know that it is hard to make the first steps, the agony of the initial withdrawral, but with help and support, I am sure that you can make it.

I appreciate the advice but I don't like marijuana it creates an even more negative loop spiral.
I don't smoke marijuana but my friends who do, believe it or not, are pretty positive guys.

it will begin the process of rewriting the wrong.

giphy.gif

I don't smoke marijuana but my friends who do, believe it or not, are pretty positive guys.
It doesn't have to do with being a positive or negative person. For some, it has the opposite effect. It doesn't chill everyone out. For some it heightens/accelerates/whatever our cognitive functions. Meaning: Ni-Ti loop amplifies. It's not fun.

I wish I could explain better.

It does seem to help people but I do see it as an illusion. It has medical benefits, it's just crutched far to often.
In my opinion, it's a healthier crutch than booze. Also, we all have our crutches.

If Mia Khalifa didn't exist I'd be a cranky jerk.

Imagine how positive they could be if they didn't

I'm inclined to disagree, but I can't.
Because: that state of mind should be able to be achieved at all times without the use of any substance.

You're not wrong though. Sometimes inebriation/self medication leads to a greater amount of happiness.
It's very circumstantial. But it needs to be handled with care, and that's where people fuck up generally.

You're not wrong though. Sometimes inebriation/self medication leads to a greater amount of happiness.
It's very circumstantial. But it needs to be handled with care, and that's where people fuck up generally.
Agreed. Absolutely.