How would you rate your level of attractiveness? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How would you rate your level of attractiveness?

How would you rate your level of attractiveness?

• Hot!!!!

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Above Average

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Average - i'm attractive enough

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Below average

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Not attractive at all

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
8.6-9.4 on HotorNot.com based on 2 pics,though I'm certain that if I took off my glasses and took an actual good picture I could get it up higher. Glasses decrease your attractiveness.

I'll just say 'above average'. There are certainly quite a few people, especially other guys at my college, who are better looking than I am.

I'm going with below average, as for relationships, well I'll tell you when I get one

I disagree, you very good looking man.

As for me I put below average right now. My weight makes me feel less attractive. My face isn't bad but my weight makes me feel ugly. If I could loose the weight I would probably be average.

Below Average,

Though I'm very self-conscious. Don't know if I am to hard on myself.

Thats BS coony. Your hawt. You have great eyes and your dark hair makes them stand out.

Well . . . when i get dressed up, i look more attractive. :m083: lol.

In any case, similar to Satya, i feel image conscious around attractive people. I'm usually very intimidated by them.

Same here I hate when others get tons of attention for being attractive I never seem to get noticed at all. I'm not an attention whore but its nice to be looked at once and a while. It would be nice for a change to have people call me hawt or sexy instead of cute. Cute means they think your not attractive to them or not in the way most of us want.

Well, I think I hover comfortably between average to above-average, depending on what's going on with my hair and how lazy I am and what I'm wearing. When I take extra care, though, I think I can approach hotness.

But I think most women have that luxury; I firmly believe that just about any woman is capable of turning heads if she puts herself together right.

Well, I think I hover comfortably between average to above-average, depending on what's going on with my hair and how lazy I am and what I'm wearing. When I take extra care, though, I think I can approach hotness.

But I think most women have that luxury; I firmly believe that just about any woman is capable of turning heads if she puts herself together right.

I have to agree with that. I think we man have it harder. Most of us can't do that transformation. I wonder why?

Same here I hate when others get tons of attention for being attractive I never seem to get noticed at all. I'm not an attention whore but its nice to be looked at once and a while. It would be nice for a change to have people call me hawt or sexy instead of cute. Cute means they think your not attractive to them or not in the way most of us want.

Of course, it's not good to be envious, but it's hard not to be.

I'm going to be the first to disagree.
I think that a girl with no makeup in pajamas with bed hair is extremely attractive. I think that "assembling" an aura of hotness hides the real attractiveness of a person. It's the simple things that I and many guys like, and it's not so much how you look but how you act.

I think that a girl with no makeup in pajamas with bed hair is extremely attractive. I think that "assembling" an aura of hotness hides the real attractiveness of a person. It's the simple things that I and many guys like, and it's not so much how you look but how you act.

I think most guys will say rumpled bed head is hawt. especially when the women in question is in there bed.lol

I think most guys will say rumpled bed head is hawt. especially when the women in question is in there bed.lol
Truth. Most will also agree that women are equally, if not more, attractive without makeup. Personally, I hardly notice a difference sometimes. It's also kinda gross, hard to kiss or touch with all the powder...

True, but then you look at women in magazines and lists like the Maxim Hot 100 and you have that standard of attractiveness that is, nonetheless, attractive. For instance, I very much doubt, sir, that you'd kick Megan Fox out of bed even if she had that 'assembled' aura of hotness to her.... even though you say you'd prefer her all rumply and disheveled. One way or another, she has the physical attributes that at least adhere to a standard of attractiveness. The magazine cover just enhances this; red lips, push-up bra, smoky eyes. It's peacocking. Even if you mentally consider women that dress like that 'trashy,' I wonder if you could resist a second glance.

Either way, you've touched up on an important point and that is the fact level of attractiveness also largely depends on context and individual preference. Even though I agree that the majority of men do prefer their women with their hair tussled and waking up first thing in the morning, there's a reason they won't put a disheveled bed-head on the cover of Sports Illustrated without some enhancements. It's an attempt to appeal to a more universal standard, rather than an individual one.

And therein lies the discrepancy. You catch more fish with a larger net than a specialized weave. That's why the beauty industry is making mad money.

Last edited:
I voted above average, only because I've been told I am very beautiful. I look at my face, and I guess according to contemporary standards I am attractive, but somewhere else in the world, I could be considered ugly.
I'm not down on my looks, though. I'm content and am willing to take care of myself.

I totally agree with you.

True, but then you look at women in magazines and lists like the Maxim Hot 100 and you have that standard of attractiveness that is, nonetheless, attractive. For instance, I very much doubt, sir, that you'd kick Megan Fox out of bed even if she had that 'assembled' aura of hotness to her.... even though you say you'd prefer her all rumply and disheveled. One way or another, she has the physical attributes that at least adhered to a standard of attractiveness.

Either way, you've touched up on an important point and that is the fact level of attractiveness also largely depends on context.
To me, the maxim top 100 or whatever isn't all that attractive. Mind you, I've got a warped sexual drive without boobs, but I can represent many guys out there.
Megan Fox is a prime example of what I might call "bitchy" hotness. Similar to the "douchebag" hotness of males, it can be rather unattractive and more importantly unrealistic. If a naked Megan Fox barged into my room right now, I would most definitely leave. However, if she was in pj's watching adventure time on the couch without any of her social facades you can bet I'd be on her before Finn says "Mathematical!"

That being said, the context is very relevant. I feel it's more than that, but I can't quite find what it is.

What I'm trying to say is that what girls try to look like is hardly every what guys feel is the most desirable. It might get you a date and a one-night-stand, but being hot doesn't get you very far. Unless you want to act, in which case it doesn't matter how bad you are at everything else: as long as you can look like megan fox on the silver screen you can go pretty far.
then you get old and nobody likes you, I guess.

To me, the maxim top 100 or whatever isn't all that attractive. Mind you, I've got a warped sexual drive without boobs, but I can represent many guys out there.
Megan Fox is a prime example of what I might call "bitchy" hotness. Similar to the "douchebag" hotness of males, it can be rather unattractive and more importantly unrealistic. If a naked Megan Fox barged into my room right now, I would most definitely leave. However, if she was in pj's watching adventure time on the couch without any of her social facades you can bet I'd be on her before Finn says "Mathematical!"

That being said, the context is very relevant. I feel it's more than that, but I can't quite find what it is.

What I'm trying to say is that what girls try to look like is hardly every what guys feel is the most desirable. It might get you a date and a one-night-stand, but being hot doesn't get you very far. Unless you want to act, in which case it doesn't matter how bad you are at everything else: as long as you can look like megan fox on the silver screen you can go pretty far.
then you get old and nobody likes you, I guess.

I definitely agree that there is more to attractiveness than what is skin-deep; it's very much all about the eye of the beholder. You're proof. You've made some assumptions about Ms. Fox without ever meeting her based on, what I'm assuming, are your past experiences with men and women who present themselves that way.

But that's not what I was getting at. Assume for a second that the person can walk-the-walk and talk-the-talk and have an IQ that rivals Einstein's and can engage you in an intellectual conversation about the Principia Mathematica and are everything you want psychologically, mentally and emotionally. On a purely visceral level, should they choose to appropriately enhance their physical features with make-up or fashion or whatever else, there is always the potential to increase their attractiveness on a purely physical-basis.

Indeed, there are mathematical standards and calculations where attractiveness is concerned and we do respond to them on a subconscious level. Most of the time, the factors that contribute to that subconscious formula of beauty can be enhanced or changed. For example, most men are attracted to larger eyes. With the right color palette and some knowledge about application, a woman can play up her eyes so that they appear larger than they are. Paired with flattering clothes and hair-style, she ups her chances of being noticed for her physical features.

This is why I mentioned context in my above post. Up until now, there was nothing in the discussion that suggested attractiveness beyond that of the purely physical, to which my statement about the possibility to enhance physical appeal still stands. Who that attracts, on the other hand, is the toss of the dice or careful marketing strategy. Like it or not, though, we do bank a lot on first impressions and there are certain physical attributes that draw our attention more than others.

Last edited:
How would you rate your level of attractiveness? (this question is more about perception than reality)

How does the rating you gave yourself affect you or affect the way you approach dating or relationships?

One minute, are you asking about physical attractiveness or something else different?

No, i think i am below average.

oh come on Roger, you are clearly at least average, if not above. I loved your India pics. by the way.

I'm curious, but does attrativeness necessarily have to correspond with self confidence? I've known some very unattractive people who have amazing confidence and get laid all the time or end up in a relationship with someone who is way more attractive than them. In fact, confidence in and of itself seems to be more attractive than physical attractiveness. And in some cases I think physical attractiveness is actually a major turn off since physically attractive people are often seen as more superficial and/or arrogant than they may actually be.