How to tell if you're an INFJ | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How to tell if you're an INFJ

11. You realized you were an INFJ because it explains what the hell is wrong with you, rather than deciding you're an INFJ because it is the rarest type, and you want to feel special. (INFJ > INFP)

Haha, so true.

Reactions: Zola
1. You would rather ponder the unknown than go out and be physically active if you were given the choice. (Ni > Se)

What I have learned is balance. Just because I am physically active and enjoying myself, doesn't mean I am not pondering the unknown. I always am. Lately, I've come to accept this.

2. You would rather accommodate people's feelings than tell them a hurtful truth if you can help it. (Fe > Ti)

?? What feelings are we accomodating? How can we accomodate a feeling if we don't know if the truth will hurt or not? People naturally crave the truth I think, and most of the time when I thought I was saying something hurtful, I was not. The person was glad I told the truth, which is really what matters.

3. You care more about getting along with others than making waves. (Fe > Ne)

I think my making waves helps me get along better with others.

4. You care more about what goes on in your mind and imagination than socializing or being polite. (Ni > Fe)

True.

5. You feel bad when you realize you weren't polite when you were lost in your imagination. (Ni > Fe)

Often.

6. You tend to classify people into groups more than stand up for everyone's rights as an individual. (Fe > Fi)

I don't like grouping. There are too many ways to group
people.

7. You're more concerned with the future than the past. (Ni > Si)

Now I am. I used to be so into the past, I was starting to travel back in time and not get anything done that hadn't already been done.

8. You care about a lot of people's feelings and well being, but are not very concerned with making sure they're being efficient. (Fe > Te)

I used to be like this. I've learned that if I care about someone's feelings, I am working toward their efficiency. I care about both I've realized the best move one can make for another's feelings is to present sincere interest and help in developing the Person who wants to change the world. I think the happiest people are those who live their Dreams.

9. You just don't fit in, even with the other people who don't fit in with anyone but themselves. (Ni > Ne)

Yep.

10. You're kinda clumsy, yet can pull off some amazing physical feats sometimes. (Se inferior)

I drop stuff a lot.

One time I caught a falling glass of water right before it hit the floor. I've caught falling knives by their handles too. I'm also capable with sharp objects, but like Atticus, it's a talent that is not necessarily for good. I keep it under wraps. It can be surreal.

1. You would rather ponder the unknown than go out and be physically active if you were given the choice. (Ni > Se)
2. You would rather accommodate people's feelings than tell them a hurtful truth if you can help it. (Fe > Ti)
3. You care more about getting along with others than making waves. (Fe > Ne) (50/50..?)
4. You care more about what goes on in your mind and imagination than socializing or being polite. (Ni > Fe)
5. You feel bad when you realize you weren't polite when you were lost in your imagination. (Ni > Fe)
6. You tend to classify people into groups more than stand up for everyone's rights as an individual. (Fe > Fi)
8. You care about a lot of people's feelings and well being, but are not very concerned with making sure they're being efficient. (Fe > Te)
9. You just don't fit in, even with the other people who don't fit in with anyone but themselves. (Ni > Ne)
10. You're kinda clumsy, yet can pull off some amazing physical feats sometimes. (Se inferior)

hmmm

One day I was sparring and it ended up that I had to fight all four of them at once. Suddenly, I switched into this zen mode, because there was no way I could think my way through it. It was all just that instant thoughtless reaction stuff, and I schooled them. It wasn't even close. I knew exactly where everyone was, what they were doing, and had a clear sense of what they were going to do. I moved perfectly the way I needed to move, and this was some of the most intricate fighting I've ever done... no time to plan... just do. And then afterward, when fighting them one on one, they all schooled me because I was back to thinking about what I was doing, rather than being in that zenlike mode that just does it.

I really think this is how Ni + Se manifest themselves when Ni is dominant.
Sorry that VH is absent now, but for the sake of discussion for anyone else I can relate to this.

I spent some years doing various extreme Se specific things. As long as I believed the risk was high at an unconscious level then I was pretty amazing at those exploits and they were the perfect escape and sublime pleasure.

But once I got used to the danger, I could sit in my head again and the things became truly dangerous to me and I'm lucky I quit most of them soon after that happened. The escape and pleasure was also largely gone at that point though, so it was easy to quit and move on other than upping the ante some way by making things riskier.

Also luckily avoided drugs!

I think prayer will actually do similar, but that's a lot harder to achieve, for me at least, but I'm working on it. I think the key is having focus go out instead of in, or something like that.

LOL

How I realized I was an INFJ:

I stopped wanting to be an INTJ
I'd rather give in than prolong the fight
I can't be angry or unkind for long
Aesthetics matter
When I'm in a flow state, everyone is happy
I quit trying to explain myself, and it feels good
I learned how much people want my sympathy
I have a permeable membrane to people's emotions
When I get upset, I lose my logic
I rescue drowning earthworms
I talk to trees
The All-One makes sense to me
Heaven is a place of infinite possibilities

Last edited:
How I realized I was an INFJ:

I stopped wanting to be an INTJ
I'd rather give in than prolong the fight
I can't be angry or unkind for long
Aesthetics matter
When I'm in a flow state, everyone is happy
I quit trying to explain myself, and it feels good
I learned how much people want my sympathy
I have a permeable membrane to people's emotions
When I get upset, I lose my logic
I rescue drowning earthworms
I talk to trees
The All-One makes sense to me
Heaven is a place of infinite possibilities

lol accurate

9 out of 10... I never was clumsy..

Reactions: Ren
Well, there's never been any doubt that you're not a 'typical' INFJ. However, it seems like maybe your Se is your tertiary function. It really seems like that's your 'inner child / play' function sometimes, moreso than Ti sometimes, but then I go through that too. I think I switch back and forth from Ni > Fe > Ti > Se to Fe > Ni > Se > Ti.

So, I was wondering.. since more and more people I know are very used to be under ..some.. constant stress without realizing it anymore..("stress = normal")..
switching back and forth might be some clue for stress..?

b2f324de1f7c366fec85829ceb15ab85.jpg

Edit: Also.. stress (and frustration) can occur when not having enough space and opportunity to personally grow or be yourself..

Last edited:
So, I was wondering.. since more and more people I know are very used to be under ..some.. constant stress without realizing it anymore..("stress = normal")..
switching back and forth might be some clue for stress..?

b2f324de1f7c366fec85829ceb15ab85.jpg

Edit: Also.. stress (and frustration) can occur when not having enough space and opportunity to personally grow or be yourself..

Very accurate diagram.

I can definitely tell the amount of stress I am under depending on my thought processes and actions, which is consistent to what the diagram explains in each section.

Grip is pretty accurate when it comes to indulgences and rash decision-making. I know I prefer to be strongly alone during an NiTi loop, which is pretty stressful and uncomfortable in itself—though it is suggested that as an INFJ, you have to be around others to consistently use your Fe—which is pretty difficult to do since being around others is the last thing I want to do when I am under heavy stress, haha.

which is pretty difficult to do since being around others is the last thing I want to do when I am under heavy stress, haha.

It's a hilariously cruel joke isn't it? lol

Depends on the day. Too much introversion makes me antsy. I often do both at once though. Daydream while being active.

100% Yes.

Depends. When I'm around people I really care about, Fe takes over, and I'm probably closer to ENFJ. Anyone else? Annoying interlopers.
As for getting busted for being lost in my imagination... maybe if I space out while someone is giving too many mundane details.

Depends. There are a bunch of individuals I care about. And then "miscellaneous". I guess they're in groups.

I sometimes look back at the past and smile. I often look to the future with dread. Specifically at things I have zero control over.

I manage people at work, and it's really hard for me to crack the whip. I think (hope) that if I treat my employees well, they will repay me with honest work and their best effort.

Not sure about not fitting in. I think I've adapted a pretty likable personality and a good sense of humor to make up for my social awkwardness. I despise small talk, superficial relationships, and "fakeness" for sure. I also tend to watch conversations unfold, and sometimes feel pretty awkward standing/sitting there while everyone else yammers on back and forth. And in the event I DO decide to say something, someone always speaks before I do. I might get out "Ye.." before being cut-off and talked over. Sometimes I get mad and KEEP talking, and the other person still doesn't shut up, and it's super awkward. At least to me. Maybe it just seems normal to everyone else. I never thought of that until right now.

I might come close to tripping over stuff or walking into a pole from time to time. But I can also run, jump, and scale a wall or a tree pretty impressively. So I guess yes?