How To Improve Extroverted Sensing | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

How To Improve Extroverted Sensing

Hello. Anyone else interesting in Frankensteining this thread?

I found this from Googling. Ah, the joys of Googling. I'm also interested in developing my extroverted sensing. Ok so hunting, dancing, martial arts, people watching (as if needing to emulate them or play them in a movie), place/environment watching (while paying attention to relevant details) would all develop Se. Any other ideas?

Also all of this stuff would only work until it ceases to be challenging/interesting no? There's no guarantee that this will force an extroverted sensing if it become muscle memory for example. Like for example, shooting hoops, I can do that and and daydream and be inside my head. In fact that's why I do it to begin with.

People with high Se also do so with an intent behind it no? They pick up details of the surroundings, not to wistfully ruminate or analyze to death, but so that they can bring to bear some kind of action on that environment? Like if something is impending? Or is that just E types?

Oh, yeah, I'm INTP/J. Eh, hi there, how are you all doing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Free Mind and Nixie
I could be wrong, but I think that Sensing is an irrational function and that it is strictly observational and without judgement.

Se by itself is without judgement; if you want to -think- about something, or -do- something about it, it would be the judging function (Fe and Ti, function-wise, and knowledge-wise, creativity and understanding potential).

To wistfully ruminate or analyze until death is Ni, I think.

Of course, E types are better in this because their Se is more trained. :)

I would say it'd be better to train your creativity and expanding your knowledge among things, so you can -do- things (and not just ruminate or analyze) with what your Se saw.

Hello. Anyone else interesting in Frankensteining this thread?

I found this from Googling. Ah, the joys of Googling. I'm also interested in developing my extroverted sensing. Ok so hunting, dancing, martial arts, people watching (as if needing to emulate them or play them in a movie), place/environment watching (while paying attention to relevant details) would all develop Se. Any other ideas?

Also all of this stuff would only work until it ceases to be challenging/interesting no? There's no guarantee that this will force an extroverted sensing if it become muscle memory for example. Like for example, shooting hoops, I can do that and and daydream and be inside my head. In fact that's why I do it to begin with.

People with high Se also do so with an intent behind it no? They pick up details of the surroundings, not to wistfully ruminate or analyze to death, but so that they can bring to bear some kind of action on that environment? Like if something is impending? Or is that just E types?

Well... the OP is not really a good description on what Se really is. It follows along with the stereotype that developing Se is a matter of taking part in activities and behavioural stimulus. If that is the case, then everyone has Se...

Think about it, Si dom's are concrete people, focussed solely on reality and the orientation and movement of practical things that are relevant to their context. They don't need Se in order to enable them to go clubbing or take up martial arts do they?

It's most important to understand Se from the context of Ni dominance and what the development of Se means to Ni. Because there are so few Ni dom's here it is actually hard to equate the true significant of what the individuation of Se into our consciousness has on our overall personality.

Let's get this straight, developing your inferior is a life long process, not something you can just "switch on" when you feel like. Why? Because functions are just a communicate channel for our complexes. Our unconscious floods us complexes extricating themselves by way of our functions, when they become conscious. Every type will have a resulting shadow and reconciling the differences between these two opposites is the role of individuation- through psychic enegry, which is the like the heart beat of the psyche.

Anyway, the development of the extroverted sensing inferior for an Ni dom is profound and important and cannot be assimilated into a bunch of stereotypical behaviour. Secondly, people seem to forget that Ni can still work in the moment, barring the stereotype of Ni dom's being distant minded crank (as jung would put it himself). They can be but that doesn't mean that Ni isn't able to verify new sense impressions as they come, in the moment. So Se is not solely responsible for getting an Ni dom out of their head, Fe is.

Also, Se is not doing anything. A function of the psyche is a perspective, the "form" of a motivational force by which we prefer to orient to our reality. An Se user can sit inside all day and read books if they wanted to, it's just improbable that they would get the stimulation they would need from it- but not necessarily and it could be true for some.

So with all that in mind, for an Ni dom to develop and come to terms with Se, we must consider why they need it and how it will balance and affect in a positive way their world view so that they can be more integrated and functional people and acheive what they want in life.