How old is your soul? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How old is your soul?

It might not be here specifically. Just somewhere where a thing can only be described relative to another thing.

True. We can speculate all day. I just know I am tired here, I have to suspect Ill be tired where ever else I end up. I dont look forward to it either way.

i know it said my soul is middle aged, but i know thats wrong. the reason why i know its wrong is because i can feel the bones of my soul aching and creaking. i have to be very careful with my soul because if its skin gets broken it takes a long time to heal. and sometimes its attention wanders, and its memory isnt what it used to be. also my soul comes out with random but pertinent insights that are ridiculously insightful. im not going to share any of those insights right here, but this is just to say how i know i have an elder soul. i doubt any of you have those same things going on in your souls as i do in mine. im pretty sure i have the most mature soul of any of us, kids.

No. The test has spoken.
You're clearly having a mid-soul-life crisis.

Reactions: invisible
I believe there is a devilish element in the background here. Best to view it as fun at some elses expense. So says an ancient soul.

I really need to stop relying on spell check.

Last edited:
You may have heard the phrase, “Oh, he or she is an old soul” when referring to people. Sometimes people will even say this about a young child or baby! So what exactly does it mean? Do souls really have an age? If so how can you tell?

What Is an Old Soul?

In reality we are all old souls. Most of us have been on this planet many, many times before. Some however, have been here longer or more times than others. Therefore some have had more experiences. Honestly though, we are truly eternal beings and the concept of time or “old” is just relative to our linear thinking in this dimension. But for argument’s sake, we can refer to old and young souls when discussing reincarnation and the spiritual journey.

In reality we are all old souls. Most of us have been on this planet many, many times before.

An old soul has been around the block a few times when it comes to lifetimes on the earthly plane. He or she has incarnated many times. So in actuality a newborn baby could have a very old soul, while the parents could have younger souls. Strange but true! Being an old soul isn’t necessarily better or worse than being a young one, it’s just different. Every soul gets their turn at life lessons on earth or in some other existence. Some can evolve more quickly than others, and some choose different paths. It is what it is and it’s all in divine order.

So How Can You Tell if You Have an Old Soul?

The funny thing is that most old souls already sense that they are old souls. They have an inner knowing about things without any logical or ready explanation. It’s as if they “know by knowing.” If you feel that way about yourself, chances are you’re an old soul.

Aside from feeling it in your core, most old souls feel a certain disconnection from the earth. While they appreciate it and try to bond with it, there is a nagging feeling that this planet isn’t their true home. It’s just a temporary residence to learn certain lessons, not unlike being away at college. If you can relate, then you’re probably an old soul.

If you have an affinity for certain periods of history, this could also be an indication. Many old souls know or suspect that they had previous lives during different eras. Often they appreciate more than one historical time. They might love Ancient Egypt, the European Middle Ages and Colonial America all at once! They might gravitate towards movies, books and even antiques and clothing from their favorite eras. Look at the popularity of pirate parties, Civil War reenactments and Renaissance fairs. Bet there are a lot of old souls at those events!

Most old souls tend to have a philosophical outlook on life. When troubles arise, they view them as challenges or learning opportunities. While they still react emotionally to difficulties, they are able to see the big picture in such scenarios. Even when good things happen, they appreciate the blessings but try to take everything in stride. They see it all as just part of the journey. If that sounds like you, then it’s likely you’re an old soul.

You got Middle-Aged Soul.

I do admit I have some of these traits, but how could I be a Middle-age soul and be an INFJ, whose known for being an old soul?
Are there any other MBTI types that have this soul the most?

I also agree with @invincible that I also feel "tired and too old"! I always get into these conversations with my own mom when I'm asking her where my life is and questioning my own existence. I feel that I'm ready to leave (die) because I feel I've already learned life lessons, the ups-and-down, etc.
Then she will say I'm too young to die and need to go through my own life experience.
It's like I can't just be done with the dramas of life, I must go through the hardship personally...again and I'm pist!

Another ~

Old Soul

Middle-aged Soul

Not too young, not too old, you are just right. By now, you have overcome the faults that come with being young and are looking forward to the enlightenment that comes with age. You have the ability to understand people around you and see things from many perspectives. This means you often are the person that people can go to for comforting. However, people with souls like yours are prone to becoming callused. You have seen that life can be difficult, but it is important not to let hardships make you bitter. Remember to appreciate the things that you do have, and not to dwell on the things you want.

i used to think I was an old soul but since I was never seen as one :D I reluctantly let it go. Middle aged soul makes sense though. Still going through things so I don't feel completely settled but in time maybe I'll reach old soul status or maybe even ancient soul :) Although ancient soul makes me think of the legend of an old man with a cane who lives alone in a cave on a mountain. Can't see myself doing that though lol

Old Soul

You have all the tolerance and wisdom that takes many years beyond your lifetime to attain. You have an old soul because in your years, you have endured much, and have learned from all of the obstacles in your path. However, you realize that there are others who suffer more, so you rarely take anything or anyone for granted. You know family is most important, and your friends, though perhaps few, are as close and trustworthy as your family.You have overcome many of the faults that your soul can be burdened with--but that's not to say there's not still more growing you can do, and you know that.

Upper Paleo Soul

You have all the tolerance and wisdom that takes to beat a piece of flint into a crude but effective axe. You have an Upper Paleo Soul because in your years, you have spent a lot of time chewing your under cooked food and looking into the vast emptiness of space that is freckled with the seemingly meaningful pattern of tiny bright lights.. However, you realize that there are others who can cook for you, clean for you, massage your weary muscles and do other things you enjoy. Therefore you rarely refuse anyone's offered hand. You know family is most important, and your friends, though perhaps few, avoid you with great care.You have embraced many of the faults that your Upper Paleo Soul is burdened with--but that's not to say there's not still more gnawing you can do, and you know that.

Last edited:
Every time I see this title I think of that song and it's in my head then. >:/

7 days. I just stole it off a baby.

Old Soul
You have all the tolerance and wisdom that takes many years beyond your lifetime to attain. You have an old soul because in your years, you have endured much, and have learned from all of the obstacles in your path. However, you realize that there are others who suffer more, so you rarely take anything or anyone for granted. You know family is most important, and your friends, though perhaps few, are as close and trustworthy as your family.You have overcome many of the faults that your soul can be burdened with--but that's not to say there's not still more growing you can do, and you know that.

Upper Paleo Soul
View attachment 20195

You have all the tolerance and wisdom that takes to beat a piece of flint into a crude but effective axe. You have an Upper Paleo Soul because in your years, you have spent a lot of time chewing your under cooked food and looking into the vast emptiness of space that is freckled with the seemingly meaningful pattern of tiny bright lights.. However, you realize that there are others who can cook for you, clean for you, massage your weary muscles and do other things you enjoy. Therefore you rarely refuse anyone's offered hand. You know family is most important, and your friends, though perhaps few, avoid you with great care.You have embraced many of the faults that your Upper Paleo Soul is burdened with--but that's not to say there's not still more gnawing you can do, and you know that.

No fair! I didn't get that one!