How much of yourself do you show on the forum? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How much of yourself do you show on the forum?

How much of yourself do you show on the forum?

• 100%

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 90%

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 80%

• 70%

• 60%

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 50%

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 40%

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 30%

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • 20%

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • none

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
definitely more than i show anywhere else online, though it's hard to put a figure on it

ow so that is why my I have to clean my screen so often!!!!:w:

it depends on what you concider "showing yourself". I'm really honest on this forum and I tell you all my doubts and wishes, stories and hopes, but what you see of me is, I guess, very different from what the people around me see. I think I'm subconciously still selective in what I show and what I don't show...
No. It's fine when you guys do it. I'm a weirdo don't take it personally.

I like to share as much as I feel comfortable sharing with someone I just met, or was only just getting to know. Mind you, this is a lot, since I'm pretty open about a lot of things, but there are some things that are reserved for certain people, and many other things that I'll probably never share with anyone. I can't assign a percentage to this either, since I feel it's too complicated to make my thoughts mentally tangible enough to do so.
I also like to have face to face communication, because I can really determine what I can share based on how I react to the person and how they react to me. There just aren't the same emotional subtleties online.

In this forum, I would say 60%.

It's actually fascinating to see how different places influence me.

I frequent another typology forum as well and since I've been there for a considerably longer time I feel quite free there to let myself loose and show my "inner seams". I can seem too intense and crazeh. :D

This forum, however, certainly feels different. This is a much calmer place, there is less "traffic" and it feels like a very close-knit community that is very warm and accepting. I feel more calmer and mature here and I guess the whimsical, more playful and childish side of me feels kind of out of place here. :D

It's not as if I'm holding myself back here or feel forced to do that, it's just that this place brings out the more serious and mature "me" and it's exactly what I love about this place.

Last edited:
I don't really know. I've just gotten started.

How much is too much?

If you want the juicy part of dragon, you need to talk to him one on one.

Without visual like webcam chat, or even better, in person, you really can't grasp my personality. I use sarcasm a lot and I am also MUCH more reserved in speech/person unless you get me on a topic that I know well.

As for what I present, I try not to hold back although my perspectives and thoughts shift often so they don't always represent my current state of mind.

I think that's a downside to a practically 'anonymous' forum. No faces, no expressions, no inflections. I guess we have to work up to expressing ourselves more.

Meh, I just laugh at them when they don't get it.
I never get sarcasm, in real life or otherwise. It sucks :p

I put 70%
I would be willing to give 100%, at least to the extent that I can show myself on the internet through text, if people ask.

Last edited:
I think just a little :)

I share things in this forum that I can't share with real life friends and I also share things that won't be understood by my real life friends in this forum :)

besides that... well I don't think I can show a lot of myself without really interacting with people face to face or something like that bwahahahaha

:)