How much of yourself do you show on the forum? | INFJ Forum

How much of yourself do you show on the forum?

• 100%

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 90%

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 80%

• 70%

• 60%

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 50%

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 40%

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 30%

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • 20%

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • none

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy

Last edited:
I think I show just as much as I'd show anywhere else online, but not as much as in person or on the phone. People's body language and the inflection of their voice express alot about the person, and you can't get that via the internet.

You could say that I'm an open book.
Don't think that I have no boundaries though.
Know well that I'd hide certain things to avoid being vulnerable.
The last thing I'd want is that to be honest.
Jester or not, I am still a fragily young'un.

I've probably shared more than I usually would. I can't assign a number value to that.

Just about everything. Once I feel comfortable, that's how I am. If you didn't know me, just read my poems.....it's all there.

I put 70%. Oddly I am okay with quite a bit of personal stuff on these forums, but I ended up hiding or understating aspects of my personality instead. lus a lot of the time I simply don't write things here, since I either feel it's a bit too related to other topics I might post in or it's not really deserving of its own thread.

I can't say this in percentage.

I show,
My name.
My personal issues
My trust and love for people
My career

I show very little here. I think it is a bit difficult to communicate with faceless people, even though I think you all are lovely.

Reactions: Fluffball
I show far more here than I generally do anywhere else. But that doesn't even scratch the surface.

Without visual like webcam chat, or even better, in person, you really can't grasp my personality. I use sarcasm a lot and I am also MUCH more reserved in speech/person unless you get me on a topic that I know well.

As for what I present, I try not to hold back although my perspectives and thoughts shift often so they don't always represent my current state of mind.

Probably more than I voted.. which was 50%.
Sometimes I am embarrassed at the level of self-disclosure I vomit all over this place.

Without visual like webcam chat, or even better, in person, you really can't grasp my personality. I use sarcasm a lot and I am also MUCH more reserved in speech/person unless you get me on a topic that I know well.

As for what I present, I try not to hold back although my perspectives and thoughts shift often so they don't always represent my current state of mind.

What holds back your sarcasm? My sarcasm is the only part of me I feel 100% confident of sharing with others.... NOT!

Actually seriously, it is.

What holds back your sarcasm? My sarcasm is the only part of me I feel 100% confident of sharing with others.... NOT!

Actually seriously, it is.

Sarcasm is just so damn hard to depict in text that it often makes it completely useless. Sometimes I can get away with it in text but most times I just don't bother!

Sarcasm is just so damn hard to depict in text that it often makes it completely useless. Sometimes I can get away with it in text but most times I just don't bother!

Meh, I just laugh at them when they don't get it.

I guessed 10-20%, and tovlo estimated I show 20-30%, so I chose 20%.

cheers,
Ian

Idk. I am fairly free with my opinions, but not so much with more personal things. You don't know me and prolly never will, so it is easier to share. I am actually more outspoken on this forum than in real life. I tend to keep to myself. That being said, 80% of communication is non-verbal, so that also is a determinate.

Probably more than I voted.. which was 50%.
Sometimes I am embarrassed at the level of self-disclosure I vomit all over this place.

ow so that is why my I have to clean my screen so often!!!!:w:

it depends on what you concider "showing yourself". I'm really honest on this forum and I tell you all my doubts and wishes, stories and hopes, but what you see of me is, I guess, very different from what the people around me see. I think I'm subconciously still selective in what I show and what I don't show...