How introverted/extroverted are you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How introverted/extroverted are you?

...Anyway, your profile says you identify as a 6/The Loyalist. Is it only because of this one relationship, that you consider being very loyal to? (and you replied to some test questions thinking only about this one relationship, while the questions were in fact addressing more numerous/frequent social relations?). If so, maybe you're more a 5w6, or even a 5w4 or 4w5 (depending on whether you think you are a little more intellectual, or emotional)...

One thing not to forget, is that schizoids tend to be relatively good at adapting at least superficially, and for a limited time. Sure they are generally very solitary, but they generally still have the knowledge, capacity, and even sometimes the will to adapt at least somewhat, contrarily to more 'important' disorders (like Asperger or high-functioning/level autism, schizotypal, bipolar, schizophrenia, etc.).

This leads to the expression of "the secret schizoid". And sometimes, even the schizoid himself, is a bit lying to himself about it, rejecting/burying his inner feelings, in his attempt to adapt, and reduce anxiety (particularly when he feels it may be too difficult or bothersome to run away...).

Even without really hiding anything, he can easily reject the schizoid 'tag', when he has yet to read enough quality information about the subject, as it feels like something imposed on him by people who do not really understand his individuality. Thus he quickly runs away...

... must... stop... writing...

Thank you for this post, it is very interesting. Honestly, it's been a while since I took this test, so it's hard for me to remember my thought process as I answered each question. I do think I have some schizoid tendencies actually, though I have strong relationships with a handful of people beyond just my spouse. I do think I have some of the tendencies of a "secret schizoid" actually. However, I think a more accurate description of me is more just that I am an extreme introvert with a high level of social anxiety and general low self-confidence. Being alone is easier for me, though I don't always prefer it, if that makes sense. And I don't think one could say the same of a schizoid. Again, thank you for this post.

Sociability: 25/100

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who doesn't socialize often. You likely have a limited social network, and possibly aren't really interested in extending it beyond a few close and intimate friendships. Having an active social life apparently isn't the most important thing to you. Chances are that when the opportunity arises to socialize among a large group of people, you'll likely turn it down if possible. This doesn't necessarily mean you don't enjoy socializing or being around people. Rather, you generally prefer spending time with smaller groups of friends. Individuals who score similarly to you typically aren't conversation-starters, especially with people they aren't familiar with. In addition, they aren't known to be exceptionally outgoing, unless among close friends.

Snapshot Report
Sociability: 49

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who enjoys socializing with both large and smaller, more intimate groups of people. You don't mind being around big crowds, but that doesn't mean you'll want to crash every party you're invited to. Having an active social life and extending your network of friends is relatively important to you, but it isn't the most crucial thing. You've managed to strike a great balance between actively involving yourself in your larger social network, and spending some quality time with a few intimate friends. Although you may not always be the conversation-starter or the "life of the party", you are generally a very outgoing individual, whether among friends or people you are less familiar with.

In the past I’ve tested as both I and E so this result doesn’t come as a surprise (but it was fun to do — so thank you). I can identify with the “counsellor” and “teacher” descriptions and can navigate quite comfortably from one to the other as and when the need arises.

As much as I enjoy being around people, I certainly derive my energy from being alone, having downtime to think, reflect and I get an absolute buzz from joining the dots and making lots of connections in my head.

The question about parties and leaving made me smile…tricky one as I always have every good intention of leaving at a set time but never do. :lol: