How important is it to you to be in a loving relationship? | INFJ Forum

How important is it to you to be in a loving relationship?

TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
How important is it to you to be in a loving relationship? Are you fulfilled when not in such a relationship?

I need to love others and feel loved to feel "fulfilled." I need close relationships with people, and I desire interaction. These relationships can manifest in a number of ways, and rarely are they romantic. I could live without a romantic relationship, but I sure as hell enjoy being in one. I long for one when I'm not in one, but I don't let that longing take control of my life.

I've never really had one, but it is very important to me for feeling fulfilled. It is really hard to deal with not having one given my circumstances.

Very important :)

As long as I have people to love and people to make me feel loved I will be very contented and fulfilled :)

You have a great question here.

How important is it to you to be in a loving relationship? Are you fulfilled when not in such a relationship?

I think it's very important for me to be in a loving relationship, cause I am 23 now, and I had never dated any girl yet, and I had never felt being loved before!!! So, I really want to be with a girl whom I love.:Cry:

When I'm not having a crush, I don't want a relationship.
Actually, I keep thinking that I'd never need one and have taken peace with dying alone.
But then I have this crush, and I forget about it ^.

I think that, if I'd never fall in love, I'd be okay with just being friends with people.

Lets see, been six years since I was in a loving relationship. Feelings of alone feel just fine most of the time, but now and again it just kind of hits you hard. Same old questions pop up then, who would want me, will it ever happen again, am I hopeless? Now most times I just chalked it up to the crazy/heart voice, the side that needs to feel. If ignored long enough it quits talking and more important matters can be pursued.

Does feel like I'm missing an important half though when the emotions simmer up about it.

It's always been easier to find a lover. Sometimes it can be really difficult to find a friend. I feel fulfilled when I find a friend.

I need to love others and feel loved to feel "fulfilled." I need close relationships with people, and I desire interaction. These relationships can manifest in a number of ways, and rarely are they romantic. I could live without a romantic relationship, but I sure as hell enjoy being in one. I long for one when I'm not in one, but I don't let that longing take control of my life.

^^ This.

Option D: Least Important

Lets see, been six years since I was in a loving relationship. Feelings of alone feel just fine most of the time, but now and again it just kind of hits you hard. Same old questions pop up then, who would want me, will it ever happen again, am I hopeless? Now most times I just chalked it up to the crazy/heart voice, the side that needs to feel. If ignored long enough it quits talking and more important matters can be pursued.

Does feel like I'm missing an important half though when the emotions simmer up about it.

+1

How important is it to you to be in a loving relationship?

It is almost essential. When I'm not in one, I feel lost and alone, shipwrecked. The best I can do is learn to accept feeling shipwrecked and find some happiness on this island.

Are you fulfilled when not in such a relationship?

In no way shape form or fashion. The relationship has to be loving or I can't be in it.

I can handle being single but do get lonely, I like being in a relationship but sometimes I get frustrated and miss being single. I'd say a loving relationship is important to me, but I would rather be single then be stuck in a relationship that's going nowhere or makes me unhappy.

Romantic relationship? Not very, apparently. I'd say I mostly avoid the possibilities of being in one.

Of course it is important to love and feel loved, but that's a different question.

I guess I've always had a yearning to be in a loving relationship for as long as I can remember, since I first started to pay interest to boys.

However...I've never felt a desperate need to be in a relationship. I've always had this reluctance to let a relationship define me, I've wanted a relationship where two individuals can be equal and independent but still deeply connected (haha, I hope this makes any sense :D).

I know I could never be in a relationship that is severely lacking in some aspects that I find are important in a relationship. Love, respect, satisfaction...I am perfectly aware that there is no perfection and I don't even expect anything like that.

I feel that I can be perfectly fine all alone and most of the time I even prefer to be alone. But I can't say that I feel fulfilled as there clearly is something lacking because...there's this yearning for "something", the "what if..." that is constantly at the back of my mind.

+2

When I'm not having a crush, I don't want a relationship.
Actually, I keep thinking that I'd never need one and have taken peace with dying alone.
But then I have this crush, and I forget about it ^.

I think that, if I'd never fall in love, I'd be okay with just being friends with people.

^^^^
This

I am never looking for a relationship. They just seem to find me when I least expect it. I'm not one to need others. I hold self efficacy in high regard.