How important is it to you to be in a loving relationship? | INFJ Forum

How important is it to you to be in a loving relationship?

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by TinyBubbles, May 24, 2010.

Share This Page

More threads by TinyBubbles
  1. TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    How important is it to you to be in a loving relationship? Are you fulfilled when not in such a relationship?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bamf

bamf Is Watching You
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Meh
    Enneagram:
    Meh
    I need to love others and feel loved to feel "fulfilled." I need close relationships with people, and I desire interaction. These relationships can manifest in a number of ways, and rarely are they romantic. I could live without a romantic relationship, but I sure as hell enjoy being in one. I long for one when I'm not in one, but I don't let that longing take control of my life.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Faye

Faye ^_^
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I've never really had one, but it is very important to me for feeling fulfilled. It is really hard to deal with not having one given my circumstances.

4. soulseeker

soulseeker Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Very important :)

As long as I have people to love and people to make me feel loved I will be very contented and fulfilled :)

5. RoSe41

RoSe41 Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP / INFJ
    Enneagram:
    You have a great question here.

I think it's very important for me to be in a loving relationship, cause I am 23 now, and I had never dated any girl yet, and I had never felt being loved before!!! So, I really want to be with a girl whom I love.:Cry:

6. Morgain

Morgain defective wisdom
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ again
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    this ^

7. The Jester

When I'm not having a crush, I don't want a relationship.
    Actually, I keep thinking that I'd never need one and have taken peace with dying alone.
    But then I have this crush, and I forget about it ^.

I think that, if I'd never fall in love, I'd be okay with just being friends with people.

8. Skathac

Skathac <font color=#27A601>Community Member</font>

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Lets see, been six years since I was in a loving relationship. Feelings of alone feel just fine most of the time, but now and again it just kind of hits you hard. Same old questions pop up then, who would want me, will it ever happen again, am I hopeless? Now most times I just chalked it up to the crazy/heart voice, the side that needs to feel. If ignored long enough it quits talking and more important matters can be pursued.

Does feel like I'm missing an important half though when the emotions simmer up about it.

9. christmas

christmas is such a boss bitch.
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    It's always been easier to find a lover. Sometimes it can be really difficult to find a friend. I feel fulfilled when I find a friend.

10. Roger

Roger ...

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    -
    ^^ This.

11. slant

slant amour-propre
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    Option D: Least Important

12. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    +1

13. VH

VH Variable Hybrid

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    NFJedi
    Enneagram:
    268 sx/so
    It is almost essential. When I'm not in one, I feel lost and alone, shipwrecked. The best I can do is learn to accept feeling shipwrecked and find some happiness on this island.

In no way shape form or fashion. The relationship has to be loving or I can't be in it.

14. Skoffin

Skoffin <font color=#00EE99>She Whose Name We Do Not Speak

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    I can handle being single but do get lonely, I like being in a relationship but sometimes I get frustrated and miss being single. I'd say a loving relationship is important to me, but I would rather be single then be stuck in a relationship that's going nowhere or makes me unhappy.

15. under skies

under skies Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Romantic relationship? Not very, apparently. I'd say I mostly avoid the possibilities of being in one.

Of course it is important to love and feel loved, but that's a different question.

16. Isis

Isis Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I guess I've always had a yearning to be in a loving relationship for as long as I can remember, since I first started to pay interest to boys.

However...I've never felt a desperate need to be in a relationship. I've always had this reluctance to let a relationship define me, I've wanted a relationship where two individuals can be equal and independent but still deeply connected (haha, I hope this makes any sense :D).

I know I could never be in a relationship that is severely lacking in some aspects that I find are important in a relationship. Love, respect, satisfaction...I am perfectly aware that there is no perfection and I don't even expect anything like that.

I feel that I can be perfectly fine all alone and most of the time I even prefer to be alone. But I can't say that I feel fulfilled as there clearly is something lacking because...there's this yearning for "something", the "what if..." that is constantly at the back of my mind.

17. NeverAmI

NeverAmI Satisclassifaction
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    +2

18. That Girl

That Girl Do you have my answers?
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    ^^^^
    This

I am never looking for a relationship. They just seem to find me when I least expect it. I'm not one to need others. I hold self efficacy in high regard.