How have others consistently described you? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How have others consistently described you?

People who don't know me (or understand me): Reserved, intimidating, quiet. I've been called socially awkward (when I was younger). At a gallery event this year, I had a total stranger walk up to me and say that I exuded grace and strength. (Go figure.)

Friends: Intelligent, creative, reliable, trustworthy, insightful, wise, strong, strong-willed, irreverent, honest, straight-shooter, direct, funny, warm, generous, assertive, confident, powerful (I find they often perceive me as stronger and more powerful than I perceive myself)

Quiet, good-humored, and fun to tease. Thankfully the last one, I'm told, is because I'm good-humored.

Mysterious, trustworthy, intimidating (which I don't agree with at all), honest, funny, helpful, intelligent, insightful, friendly, and quiet.

Weird again, three times, on tinychat.

Yeh weird seems the most consistent, which pisses me off because I'd much rather be known for being compassionate, or diligent, or humble . . .

I guess patient is another one. I'm a bit more satisfied with that than weird. I know weird shouldn't be taken negatively, but I cannot help but feel slightly heavier when I get that.

Young girls and gals have called me: creepy, mysterious, amazing, scary, weird.

Older folk tend to go with: passionate, self-centered, insightful, unmotivated, lazy, weird.

People near me say: insane, deranged, romantic, unmotivated, bird-brained, hopeless, valuable, friend, patient, weird.

...that was cathartic.

Those I don't know
- shy
- cold
- distant
- hard to get to know
- quiet
- piercing stare

Family and friends:
- funny
- intelligent
- deep
- empathetic
- sometimes lazy
- wise
- artistic
- loving
- caring
- passionate
- driven
- clumsy

Those who don't know me:
modest, sometimes even shy, sweet, cute, kind, 'could never hurt anyone',

Friends and family:
straightforward, honest, insightful, caring, respectful. Sensitive, emotional.

I was recently called an "outcast junkie loser," then later by someone else a "saint," and "a steadily flowering spiritual leader," all that sure beats "weird!" Guess my 11:11 PM wish came true. :D

I have been called intimidating when I talk about sex, which I think is kind of hilarious *glares* I do know more about sex than you do *evil grin*
I have been called 'too nice' by people who are nicer than I am.
When I talk about comic books said person looks at me in surprise and says, "You're a nerd!" and I quickly slam them back to reality with a quick and angry verbal retort. I am NOT a nerd >:O*angry vein pulsing*
I have been called wise beyond my years by 60 year old women, lol...
I have been called humble with no understanding of what exactly that means o_O
I have been called charismatic *nods* I concur.
I have been called intense by lovers.
I pay no mind to haters, or may just not have many at all... jury is still out on that one. It's been a while since I've heard a bad remark about myself.
I've been called silly, in the most endearing way which makes me bashful after defensive. "What! No I'm not!" *looks into endearing eyes* "Oh, okay :p"
I have been called mysterious by people who have never made an effort to talk to me and truthful and open by people who decide to start a conversation, lol... "Well of course YOU think I'm mysterious" *rolls eyes* "Douche bag."
I have heard that I am resilient, by my mother. If I weren't so resilient I'm sure I'd be dead.
When I criticize my father he tells me I'm cold or I'm a bitch lol I can only laugh at this 66 year old man and his ongoing immaturity.
I have been told by 'friends' who I all together do not like that I am admirable; they admire me and I loath them, go figure.
When I get excitable or passionate about something I get called scary lol
When I get angry I get called hilarious hahaha XD those two should be in the reverse don't ya think?
On those rare occasions that someone has the gull to call me quiet I have to restrain myself from telling them that I just don't like their company and instead give them a death stare *shrug* usually gets the point across.
Oh, oh! My high school Teen Leadership teacher told me I have a chip on my shoulder. It was the biggest compliment not meant to be compliment that I have ever received hahaha XD lol smh poor guy.
The one thing that people have told me that would be negative is that I am an angry person though that is something that is all together not always in my control -hormone imbalance *shrug* it's just a think I will forever deal with. Oh! And that I burn bridges -runs in line with anger.
Haven't had many other negatives.............. Lol I'm sure there's more, I just haven't heard them yet :p

Strangers: intimidating, elegant, shy/quiet
Enemies: Sassy
Friends: Sassy, wise, good listener, opinionated, nice
Family: intelligent, wise, stubborn, rude, secretive

I don't understand that last one. I tell them everything.

I have been called 'strong' by many people. I have also been described as very caring and empathetic.

This is sort of related to being described as something: I have been very surprised by people's reaction to me telling them I wanted to be a social worker, therapist or counsellor in the last year. Everybody told me that I would be very good at that, even my sister-in-law said that she could see me doing that and I took that as a real compliment from her. I didn't think she even liked me much but if you think somebody would make a good counsellor you have to have a certain regard for them as a decent and competent person in my opinion.

I don't generally get too many people describing me but a couple of other comments from people in my life have stood out to me:

My future daughter-in-law at the time told me once that she thought I was so nice all the time and then said 'even when you're drunk you're really nice'. I thought that was really good.

A friend once told me a couple of years ago that I was 'stunning'. That really took me by surprise. My answer to her was 'but I'm just me'. I get the feeling sometime that she has a crush on me.

This is kind of embarrassing but lately I keep hearing people saying that I'm 'hot'. Apparently when people find out that you're splitting up from a long term relationship all these people come out of the woodwork and start telling you that you're 'hot' or talking amongst each other about it. That's the word they use all the time, men and women. I would prefer if they used the word 'attractive' I think. It's making me feel a little uncomfortable. Although it's much better than being told I'm unattractive, but knowing that I am the subject of these conversations about how 'hot' I am is weird. I'm not used to this sort of thing.

Reactions: seira0807
People generally call me intense, alpha, charming, and perceptive. They also call me stuck up, judgemental, uncompromising, beta, intimidating, and not very practical. On a side note, how ridiculous is this alpha/beta stuff? so bad.

Reactions: bionic
Friends and Family Worry\Get upset at things I cant or wont change.

Others Calm, reserved, relaxed.

People generally call me intense, alpha, charming, and perceptive. They also call me stuck up, judgemental, uncompromising, beta, intimidating, and not very practical. On a side note, how ridiculous is this alpha/beta stuff? so bad.

So.... you are like an Alphawolf without the wolf?

I'm not sure what an Alphawolf is, but I like the sound of it.

Lately-mean, bitchy, selfish.

Normally-patient, warm, loyal.

These are people irl. And I want to get back to being myself.

Ouch. What changed?
Postpartum depression is a bitch. Also dealing with a lot family-wise and with my health. I haven't been the most pleasant.

Reactions: casie
dependable, trustworthy, secretive, shrewd, cold, snob, immature, intelligent mostly
AND artistic