How have others consistently described you? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

How have others consistently described you?

America has a more idealistic and romantic "love everybody" or "spread the love" kind of attitude. I think this has to do with the West culture influence over the rest of the world, the power of the american way of lifestyle.

This description doesn't sound like the US at all. There is a very polarized 'Us vs Them' attitude in the US and that is the opposite of loving everybody. Canada is less polarized but is definitely not a 'love everybody' place.

A lot of people tell me that I come off as intimidating (when they first get to know me). I supposedly have "resting bitch face." -o-"

Once people get to know me better, they describe me as goofy, energetic, and nice. My family members would describe me as talkative and loud.. lol

This is random, but a lot of people have told me that I also come off as a nurse. I'm not sure how I emit nurse vibes.. But supposedly I do.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
This description doesn't sound like the US at all. There is a very polarized 'Us vs Them' attitude in the US and that is the opposite of loving everybody. Canada is less polarized but is definitely not a 'love everybody' place.

US is like the old Roma, where all the misery of the world is gathered up, all the dirt.
In one sense, US is very colectivistic in social philosophy, but US is known as having also the most individualistic promoting attidute.
So its very contradictory, but its true.

US is like the old Roma, where all the misery of the world is gathered up, all the dirt.
In one sense, US is very colectivistic in social philosophy, but US is known as having also the most individualistic promoting attidute.
So its very contradictory, but its true.

There is definitely a lot of misery in the US but there are many places in the world with much more misery. The US would not be near the top of countries that I would personally like to live in but it definitely would be far above probably 80% of the countries in the world.

Me too, we actualy
think the same here.

I think you are using very far away from the truth words.
I don't see INFJs as a abnormality at all. I don't think INFJs are "weird" at all.
I just see INFJs as they are, or at least I try to. But I don't think INFJs are abnormalities, as I don't see humanity itself as a abnormality.

As for the curing aspect, if you mean a genetic kind of thing, no. But in a moral sense, yes, INFJs need to be cured. But then I think humanity itself needs to be moraly cured.

Muir, pardon me, but lyou make me laugh by your silly attempts to suggest that I don't know what it means to be a INFJ, because I am not one.

Let me tell you this, I am the essence of INFJ-ness. I've spent my life until now lead by my day-dreams like a dog in a leash, trained and subdued by my imaginations. On the other hand, I was also a thinker, a Ni kind of philosopher, a mixed up romanticist and rationalist. I was lonely, feeling lonely and alienated from the people and the world, unable to form real relationships with people, because of my self-centered character. Your typical "INFJ against the whole world". Oh, and I also had those delusions of specialness, just like almost every INFJ.
Don't tell me I am not INFJ. I am much more of a INFJ then you are now at your current years. I know what it means to be a INFJ, and I had enough of it!!!

Take it or leave it!

Well in a sense there are two dimensions to the situation....

Lets say that you are a certain frequency. Imagine yourself as a frequency like a radio channel

Then imagine your environment as a frequency also. You want your frequency to be sympathetic with your environment so that you are resonating harmoniously with your environment

But what if your frequency is not the same frequency as your environment? Then you have a problem

You have a number of options. For example you can try and change your frequency to match your environment or you can try and change your environment so that it matches your frequency or you can go somewhere else where you resonate with your environment

Many people opt for another otpion altogether which is to go to a doctor and say: ''doctor i am not resonating with my environment can you please give me some medication that will iron out my frequency?''

Its my opinion...and this should be clear from all of my posts here....that our current environment is a sick one that many people are not resonating with.

Now we can try and change ourselves to match it and many people do this by medicating or 'self medicating' but this is problematic as these methods can harm our physical and mental health and also we are effectively trying to deny a part of ourselves which can then re-assert itself in other ways which inevitably will be negative

Or we can try and change our environment.....but this is VERY DIFFICULT becuase our culture operates within a system which has become more and more homegenised with globalisation. The system is also very restrictive and narrows human behaviours into very narrow, well defined modes of behaviour and if a person does not conform to these they are then shunned by society or persecuted by the system

So the only way for that method to work is for LOTS OF PEOPLE to recognise the need for us to change our environment and to then work towards that. That process is going on at the moment around the world in many forms but in the meantime we are all still stuck in the system needing to operate in it whislt keeping our sanity!

So then we have the further option of trying to change aspects of our environment that are within our control to affect

I am trying to do a combination of these last two

What you seem to be advocating however is the first option of changing yourself to suit the system. But as krishnamurti said: there is nothing healthy about being well adjusted to a sick society

Imagine you are living in china under a very repressive government. You could change to suit that system and live a very repressed and oppressed life with a low quality of life but that is basically accepting a life of slavery.

What is really needed is for people to NOT change to try and fit in with the system. We need more and more people to resonate at their own frequency and live in that frequency and when they do that the system will crumble

So i do take objection to you suggesting we should just knuckle down into the system....because I know what the system is doing which is to build a totalitarian system (total control of EVERY aspect of our lives) like the chinese system

If we all knuckle under we are going to be led like cattle into a VERY HARSH ENVIRONMENT INDEED

Now is not the time to knuckle under....now is the time to stand up and assert yourself

Recently a large number of people here in Japan have told me that I have a very serious face most of the time, as if I were constantly thinking very intensely.

gendo-ikari.png

Well I hope it's hilarious.

Reactions: Switchgirl
Me?
Funny, kind, Compassionate, thoughtful, smart, bold, unique, weird in a good way, positive, joyful, inspiring, talented, awkward, not street smart, naive, innocent, complex, a rarity, extroverted, shy, quiet, annoying, overly emotional, analytical, genius, musical, genuine, honest, cool etc.
And I don't feel like my current social studies teacher likes me (he is very business oriented. He is funny, but his priorities is to get stuff done...), so I'll wait for descriptions about me from him lol.

Talented (heard this a lot as a child), intelligent, funny, warm, caring, reserved, "never met anyone like you", self-assured (which is weird, I don't think I'm very self-assured most of the time), creative, aloof

As for negative traits ascribed to me: stubborn, intimidating (not inherently negative but, I hate that I come off that way :p), overemotional

This morning: unique, patient, hilarious, silly, loving....

All nice things today! :)

Quiet, innovative, precise, sexy, hilarious, surreal, wise. Generally I am not bothered on a surface level what people think. I find I struggle in a work environment because I don't join in with gossip and prefer my own company. Although professional, I spend a lot of my time musing on how to get through to clients and find that I can love the most dysfunctional of people a bit too easily. I often wonder what it would be like to not give 100 per cent of myself all the time (although I don't actually say that much) and so I am going to really work on this now in therapy. I guess I have been contemplating that maybe others should try harder and I need to better manage my thought time. Within some spiritually based reading that has recently made much sense to me in a practical way I have adopted giving back my energy to God. This has reduced my thought time somewhat and helped me to not over think so much. So yeah, others see me positively but can feel frustrated that generally although I am open, I tend not to let many people in.

I get called vampire a lot. Mostly because I've certain nutrient absorption issues. So I always look real pale even when eating regularly and getting sunlight.

Other things I've been called... Eccentric, entertaining, flamboyant, creative. IDK I'm good at making people laugh and I'm not even actively thinking about trying to make people laugh it sort of happens naturally. I get called charismatic too because apparently I have this weird calming effect that makes people feel comfortable around me. Again I have no idea why because I'm not trying to be o0;;;

apparently I have this weird calming effect that makes people feel comfortable around me. Again I have no idea why because I'm not trying to be o0;;;

I know exactly what you are talking about. Has anyone ever told you they could melt into you? Because that's how ENTP's make me feel. Okay. I'll move along now. I got caught up in you for a couple minutes. Bet that happens a lot, huh?

I am amazed by the feedback all of you have received. I don't think anyone has ever said anything to me like this. They either hang around me or don't.
I need to go get some feedback now!

Reactions: just me and flower
I know exactly what you are talking about. Has anyone ever told you they could melt into you? Because that's how ENTP's make me feel. Okay. I'll move along now. I got caught up in you for a couple minutes. Bet that happens a lot, huh?

Not melt, though I have been called human stuffed animal. I wonder what it is like to have an INFJ melt in to me, that sounds awesome.

If my friends were to describe me, it'd be:

She's a sweet and caring girl with a secret and dark "bitch" side that she only reveals to certain people.

Confident
Strong willed / willful
Stubborn
Driven
Intelligent
Silly (mostly around select friends, though)
Hot tempered
Crass
Insensitive
Dominant
Curious
Strong
Logical
Rebellious

...all of these are pretty accurate, I'd say. But it's really a matter of the proportions in which they are displayed - which is mostly governed by my environment or social circumstances. [MENTION=2926]Bird[/MENTION] has lived with me for almost three years, so she might able to shed light on this topic (the good and the bad) as an objective observer / partner / woman.

The most inconsistent traits are ones relating to my social side. I enjoy engaging people and talking with them; really getting inside the web of their psyche and mapping out the structure of everything. But the more I get away from that form of socializing, the less interest I have in opening my mouth. Like, some of my co-workers are human joke machines - always making puns or references to pop-culture movies or silly one-liners from comedians or whatever; meetings can spiral off into these rapid-fire joke fests for 5 or more minutes at a time.

I'm grateful for personalities like that, but it's not in me to be that way. At a cocktail party, they'll likely being in the center of it all whereas I'll engage fewer people off in a corner somewhere. Not necessarily talking about "real shit", but just exploring topics that that have some personal interest invested in them as opposed to external references to the world around us.

I often am repulsed by the oxymoron soup of characteristics tossed about all willy nilly without any empirical evidence or a consequential pattern. The context and audience of the situation matters greatly in defining such personal attributes.

My personage has been described as random, goober, candor, assuming, inquisitive, rationalizing, wrong, thirsty, thoughtful.

Relaxed, sensitive and "easy to be around" are the most common.

Reactions: grt$5vb