How do you want to be perceived? | INFJ Forum

How do you want to be perceived?

Hexenspiegel

Dec 3, 2013
MBTI
Not Sure
That is, provided that you do occasionally think about how others perceive you. I thought I'd point out just in case, the question is about your personality, not about the looks.
Do you want to be perceived differently in different environments (e.g. home vs work)? Or always the same?

I'm rather oblivious to how other's perceive me, or at least to the idea that I should care about it. I'm not particularly intent on catering to such thoughts.

I definitely have a "work" mode versus a "fun" mode versus a "formal" or "informal" demeanor.

Cool, calm, resourceful and clever with his words, respective and warm vibe, sharp and fair decision maker, trustworthy!

Awesome to everyone .. so awesome that people would love to give me money and resources

Reactions: muir
I want to be perceived as capable and competent at work. I want to be perceived as an active contributing member of the family household at home. I want to be perceived as normal and myself in social situations with people I know. Honestly, I'd rather not be perceived, but if I have a choice, the above is how I would like to be perceived.

I don't think I want to be perceived in a certain way at all. That would imply that you're striving to being someone you're not.

Reactions: muir
I would love to be perceived as I actually truly am, with the goods and the bads...And I'll want me to perceive other people the same.

I think the curious thing about the self is that even if you want others to perceive you as you, they won't fully be able to unless they could be you for a day and experience life as you. Otherwise, they would read or interpret what they see quite differently than the way you would perceive it. We tend to assume that when we are most comfortable being ourselves, that this is how we're seen. However, people will often perceive things quite differently than you think.

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!

-Robert Burns from ''To a Louse'' in original Scots language

The English translation:

And would some Power the small gift give us
To see ourselves as others see us!
It would from many a blunder free us,
And foolish notion: