How do you celebrate yourself, your steps, accomplishments and life? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How do you celebrate yourself, your steps, accomplishments and life?

I don't really do anything for the sake of 'celebration', I just acknowledge my achievement - feel good about it - move on to whatever is next to accomplish.

Although when a game I'm particularly excited for comes out to pre-order.. Then I remember how I should really treat myself :m036:

Well, self-congratulation is generally discouraged in Western society, and I feel like very few people would actually engage in it, so this is a tough question.

However, I have had triumphal feelings after accomplishing something big, and I remember listening to Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony after finding out my degree classification, in order to dwell in that feeling of triumph for a little while.

The 5th carries this meaning for me, because by chance I was listening to exactly the right part at a certain point (crystallised in a precise moment) in my life when I really started to overcome. So for me, the 5th is kind of like my triumphal march, however silly that sounds. In general, then, celebrate with music.

There's another song that carries an exuberant, joyful connotation in the context of love that's quite recent, too.
Wow.

I looked at this thread today feeling like 'I don't celebrate', and then read my own post from last year.

I've been disconnected from so much that I couldn't even remember a song that carried such meaning for me.