How do you celebrate yourself, your steps, accomplishments and life? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do you celebrate yourself, your steps, accomplishments and life?

I remain thankful, for that I have shall belong to someone else when I am gone. The things I have are only mine for a short while.
I wanted more when I was young, and now I want better things. Yet, I want far fewer things now. The older one gets, the more difficult it becomes to keep that which one has accumulated. Their values become far less than assumed. The computer makes it far easier for a collector to collect the things he desires, but the hunt for items to finish or build upon a collection has all but diminished.

I also seem to celebrate my life with my mistakes and bad choices I made when much younger. It is like a wavering candle light at night that will not be still.

My dogs and their company, when playing the guitar in the back yard, make me feel accomplished. I have those that love me and wish to be with me, and my bird friends we feed talk to me while silent from playing. I try to play their sounds with them. I feel at peace with nature, for that is mostly where my temporal heart resides.

That's a lovely picture you paint there while sort of touching the ground of defining what is meaningful achievement or when you feel it. :relaxed:

lol It's okay, the question was more in the realms of individual creativity, though.
I will gift myself by refreshing objective data on the good old reward system.

In the creative realm: buy new tools that help to express yourself, opening up another stage of yourself.
In layman terms: Buy a bigger canvas, buy new paint colours, new brushes, go beyond.

Since I've read "The Artist's Way" several years ago, I try to have these "artist's dates" at least on a monthly basis - then I indulge myself with small things I enjoy (even not just as a reward for something). This is usually, as @dragulagu said, treating myself with new art supplies, but could be something else too, like baking chocolate chip cookies yesterday

I drink wine and laugh at my own jokes.

original

In the creative realm: buy new tools that help to express yourself, opening up another stage of yourself.
In layman terms: Buy a bigger canvas, buy new paint colours, new brushes, go beyond.

Since I've read "The Artist's Way" several years ago, I try to have these "artist's dates" at least on a monthly basis - then I indulge myself with small things I enjoy (even not just as a reward for something). This is usually, as @dragulagu said, treating myself with new art supplies, but could be something else too, like baking chocolate chip cookies yesterday

Cute, I like this idea

It's really a cute idea <3
Good thinking, guys.

Have been looking up the title, it's Julia Cameron, right? I noticed that I had the The Artist's Way on my wishlist and forgot all about it.

First things first, I like to remember the reason why I should be thankful and excited for such accomplishment, meaning that, an achievement in my life is what I like to see as a reason.
Also, I tend do enjoy simple things, so gifts and formal celebrations to me, are more of a possible implication :relaxed: so, I always make sure I recognize my efforts, my qualities, my steps, my progress, beliefs and possibilities, which have led me to certain success! Furthermore, I'd say I like to create good memories as a result of stuggles and hardships, that's why I appreciate exploring, going to places I like, doing things I enjoy... But, I'd say it doesn't take much more than just a different perspective and degree of gratitude for me to authentically celebrate my life.

It's really a cute idea <3
Good thinking, guys.
Have been looking up the title, it's Julia Cameron, right? I noticed that I had the The Artist's Way on my wishlist and forgot all about it.

Yes, Julia Cameron - you'll love it :)

In all honesty, sleep.

And a korean dramathon
Are you kidding? Sleep is the best thing.

First things first, I like to remember the reason why I should be thankful and excited for such accomplishment, meaning that, an achievement in my life is what I like to see as a reason.
Also, I tend do enjoy simple things, so gifts and formal celebrations to me, are more of a possible implication :relaxed: so, I always make sure I recognize my efforts, my qualities, my steps, my progress, beliefs and possibilities, which have led me to certain success! Furthermore, I'd say I like to create good memories as a result of stuggles and hardships, that's why I appreciate exploring, going to places I like, doing things I enjoy... But, I'd say it doesn't take much more than just a different perspective and degree of gratitude for me to authentically celebrate my life.
Lots of good thoughts on self recognition, self validation and gratefulness. :blush:

Yes, Julia Cameron - you'll love it :)
awsome!

...It's funny that this thread was reactivated after roundabout a year. ~meaning even close to birthday.
Because of quarantine season that busted all plans, I had already lazily gone to sleep with thinking about any celebration/rewarding matters. But it's a really convinient time to dive back into that topic of "stop to reward" and "recognizing and remembering accomplishments".

I probably needed that. Thanks, everyone for passing by and sharing. <3

I find it hard to believe when I achieve something so I silently celebrate in my head and then order take out or buy something nice for myself. If I'm feeling brave I'll post it on my social media to a small amount of people and that's about it.

And @Impact Character Happy Birthday if it's passed or not, hope you had a lovely day :)

I find it hard to believe when I achieve something so I silently celebrate in my head and then order take out or buy something nice for myself. If I'm feeling brave I'll post it on my social media to a small amount of people and that's about it.
Hope you make lots of good experiences sharing your achievements with your trusted people <3
..hmh, I get that, and I suppose you either declare some point of closure to celebrate, or you celebrate every minute of progress (or both because why not).

And @Impact Character Happy Birthday if it's passed or not, hope you had a lovely day :)
Oh, thank you Quirky. ^^ Your name is btw making me smile everytime I read it.

Hope you make lots of good experiences sharing your achievements with your trusted people <3
..hmh, I get that, and I suppose you either declare some point of closure to celebrate, or you celebrate every minute of progress (or both because why not).

Oh, thank you Quirky. ^^ Your name is btw making me smile everytime I read it.

Oh thank you, I'm glad to bring a smile to your face! :flushed:

I usually treat myself to some free time or good food, but occasionally, I treat myself to a new outfit or a pair of shoes. I am not really much of a shopper, so when I do buy something just because it feels like a trophy. Every time I wear it, I remember why I bought it and it kind of puts a pep in my step.

And now that I think of it, I need to pick more things like this to anchor my wins in more tangible, memorable ways.